“Typical Australian expensive”

Darwin City Point Hotel
Darwin City Point Hotel
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Like all the place in Australoa is expensive! Room very average all amenities coffee makers, microwave,tv, iron and boarding. Pool is. Very small, laundry is available, a kitchen is open to use it. When you arrive late the key is on safe box but nobody told me in advance so when I got there and I couldn't call because I didn't have a phone I went to the panic, fortunately the restaurant beside made me call and I called and they expleined me the way how to get the key! Not a nice welcome! So di is ridiculous just couple of minutes I fact I needed to buy!! Average

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank dave19764

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was my second stay in 2 years - nothing much has changed. Very old and dated but clean and the location ideal. Easy walk to pubs in Mitchell street, but beware this motel has very limited off street parking, so if you park on the street in front of the motel make sure you have money in the meter by 8.00 am. Can get very noisy and I do not think I would stay again.

Room Tip: I would suggest top floor on the pool side which are a lot quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BradkHobart
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed there in early November for four days and had no problems at all.
Sure it needs a bit of an upgrade which is slowly being worked on but the accom was clean, secure, is very close to everything in town (easy stroll) and the salt water pool is great!
Great value for money paid.
Jason the manager was very easy to deal with and helped us out with everything we needed.
Cheers,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed for 4 nights and found the Poiniciana to be perfectly adequate. Good value for money and well located. Jason was very helpful and nothing was a problem. Totally recommend to others. We had a room up stairs at the back and it was nice and quiet. I understand the rooms are being upgraded. But they are still quite adequate.

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask to be at the back away from the main road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank freetime2013
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed mid week for 4 days. I found the owner Jason I think his name was to be very attentive and helpful. I asked for additional pillows for my room which wasn't a problem. My room was clean but very dated though needs a modern touch. I would highly recommend this motel on your next travel to Darwin.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed recently for a week as part of a tour group. New owners are friendly and welcoming and appear to have the best intentions to upgrade the property and get it ship shape. In the meantime, the property needs a good scrub and paint job, rooms are small for a family of four and lack any meal facilities ie no toaster, microwave and plus common room out of commission, and location not young family friendly as in the party strip and we witnessed a few 'interesting' incidents to say the least. The owners were lovely however and will no doubt have the place ship shape before long.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Yumbalada
Reviewed 9 October 2013

A real shocker. We had booked and plaid for a week , but the room was so dirty we booked out early. There was. No attempt to service the room properly. It is completely overpriced and needs to be closed down for a complete overaul

Room Tip: Avoid. Booked out early despite I paid in advance The worst accom. I have ever stayed at
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family