Decided to stay here rather than one of the cheaper options and glad we did. Darwin hotels do seem to be a bit pricier than some other cities in Australia we were in except Uluru. The room was a nice size as was the bathroom. Had enough room to set one suitcase up on a stand, and park the others along the wall without getting crowded. Only one easy chair which is typical of a lot of hotels so I sat on the bed to read again.Bed was very comfortable and we found it very quiet in the hotel. Nice view of the water and the park along the water. Staff were a great help in getting hold of our tour company to confirm our booking and to direct us where to meet for our tours. If you go out the back door of the hotel to the next street and turn right there is a good grocery store in an indoor mall where you can get takeaway for breakfast and dinner. Also lots of restaurants as an option to eating in the hotel. We stayed here for two nights away for one night and then back for another two nights. Service as good with the second stay as with the first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on the Esplanade offers guests an unrivalled location near Darwin Harbour and the convenience of close proximity to Darwin's CBD. The property boasts panoramic views across the harbour, out to the Arafura Sea and presents the ideal vantage point from which to experience a famous Northern Territory sunset. Accommodation options include 64 hotel rooms, plus 140 one, two and three bedroom apartments, all designed to reflect the local tropical style and comfortably casual laid-back ambience. Apartments also feature a large private balcony, fully-equipped kitchen and laundry and the convenience of an in-room office in selected apartments, providing modem and facsimile plus ISD/STD direct dial phones and voice mail message services. Mantra on the Esplanade offers 24 hour reception, 24 hour room service, concierge, outdoor pool, beauty salon, same day laundry service (excluding Sunday), business and secretarial services, tour desk and foreign exchange desk. Business guests can choose from two conference rooms, Bathurst and Melville rooms, accommodating up to 50 delegates. Telegraph Eating House & Bar is conveniently located within the hotel and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Featuring an alfresco dining area, guests can relax and enjoy a variety of dishes and a host of cold beverages to choose from.Mantra on the Esplanade is an ideal accommodation choice for travellers and perfect for people relocating to the Northern Territory or those on a long stay work assignment. Leisure travellers will enjoy the hotel as a base to explore the Territory's lively capital city and a host of stunning natural tourist attractions, all located within close proximity to Mantra on the Esplanade. Short and long-term rates are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on the Esplanade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On The Esplanade Hotel Darwin
- Mantra On The Esplanade Darwin