“Excellent location, nice room”

Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Have just returned from a 3 day stay prior to boarding the Ghan. We had a 1 bedroom Harbour view apartment for 3 persons. Apartment was very clean and well appointed with everything we needed. A walk out the back entrance and you are in Mitchell street with many eateries and nearby supermarket.

Excellent service from the restaurant staff when we ordered a take away breakfast between 5.45 and 6.00 am. prior to a day trip we were going on at 6.20. Restaurant breakfast on the other two mornings was nice.

Bathroom was a bit tired but quite ok.
Nice walking along the esplanade in the "cool" of the evening .

June

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Mike B, General Manager at Mantra on the Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thanks for writing Jun0 I've passed it on to the team particularly the Food and Beverage guys who were delighted with your feedback as was I.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Mantra on the Esplanade

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for three nights after our Ghan Railway trip from Adelaide. We found our room was everything we were looking for spacious, well appointed with beautiful harbour sunsets. Staff were very helpful and friendly making sure we made the most of our time in Darwin. We enjoyed the positive relaxed environment of the hotel. Fully recommend a stay here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SueSmour

Hi SueSmour

Delighted to have you over to visit from Wellington and thanks for taking the time to post a great review. The team and I really appreciate it.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights with a wheelchair accessable booking.
We were given a ground floor 3 bedroom apartment which was perfect, it had washing machine and dryer.
The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly and the food was excellent,both breakfast and bar food.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brianandmarg
Mike B, General Manager at Mantra on the Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Hi brianandmarg

Thanks for taking the time to share your recent stay experience. The team and I were delighted to hear you had a wonderful time.

If you are ever in our part of the world again it would be our pleasure to welcome you to stay again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Having arrived to this hotel I asked the hotel manager for a porter or someone to help us with our luggage. I had sprained my ankle and was able to put much weight on it. Mukul informed me there was no porter and he cant help me. Behind the front desk there was a kind Nepalese boy who offered to help me and he asked Mukul to mind the desk. Mukul then informed me this is the one off time we are going to help you! These words exactly. Being over 75 with a sprained ankle I wonder are disabled people able to visit this hotel as it is certainly not fit to disabled individuals needs.

I was offered a room with a faulty toilet that was leaking and was so exhausted I just wanted to sleep. Mukul with his wise words informed me it was sunday and hes not a plumber! wow being so shocked by his behaviour and leaving the next day I was too tired to per sue this. Disgrace!

Had a bad sleep and would never come back again. The location was good, however not have breakfast at this hotel so can not comment. The rooms were average. However with a manager with that behaviour and attitude like Mukul you cant help but question the quality and standard of this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 331vic
Mike B, General Manager at Mantra on the Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Tripadvisor Readers

Please be advised this review has been referred for content assessment to Tripadvisor's review panel.

If the writer would like to address an issue pertaining to an individual member of staff I can be contacted via mike.blank@mantra.com.au

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Mantra Esplanade has a nice waterfront, central city location and comfortable rooms.

It isn't a glitzy, luxurious hotel, but is a safe option for a central Darwin stay. Breakfast was ok, the other meals better.

I had a whiff of stale smoke (and masking air freshener) when I first entered the room, but I've found this relatively common-place in Darwin. At least here I didn't notice it past the first time (unlike other Darwin hotels I've stayed at).

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hi Waddler

Thanks for posting and great to hear you found our hotel to be comfortable and excellently located. We appreciate you writing and look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

A pleasant stay with easy access on foot to down town Darwin or further afield by car. Hotel was pleasant and seemed competitively priced. Being there in February, the room air conditioning was welcomed but a little noisy at night. With the cooler air inside the room, condensation on the outside of the windows spoilt the morning harbour views I paid extra to have. Disappointed the advertised wifi was extra. Breakfast was good and varied.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim C
Mike B, General Manager at Mantra on the Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Hello Jim C

Thanks for writing it's always appreciated. Having only recently moved to Darwin myself it's the first time I've also experienced the windows with condensation on the outside. Fortunately as soon as the sun pops up it evaporates - must be a tropics thing! On the wifi front we do have two terminals at reception for guests use which are free, however a 3rd party provider actually supplies the in-room service and has a variety of usage plans available.

The team and I look forward to being of service to yourself and family again in the future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor's reviews and never regretted this. Perfect location right on the Esplanade, two entrance/exit doors: one to the Esplanade, another to CBD. Step out through the one and you are in the middle of charming the Esplanade parkland, through another and you in the very heart of city life - very convenient to enjoy Darwin. This hotel offers large and clean swimming pool. We had spacious leaving room with balcony and fantastic views over the harbour. The room was clean, nicely furnished and the kitchen very well equipped. We had no issues during our stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tortie C

Thanks Tortie C appreciate you taking the time to write - the team were delighted to read your feedback as was I. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.