We recently stayed here for a second visit after a trip to Bali. The first visit I was a little disappointed that we didn't remember that we had breakfast included with our booking with booking.com (now I am much more careful about booking through this site) and we weren't told when we booked in. Anyway, I posted a review of our experience which elicited a response from the manager.
As we were planning to travel via Darwin on our return trip, I thought it might be worth asking if they could do anything for us, to make up for our loss the first time around. The manager very kindly offered us a good discount on a room, which we accepted.
When we arrived we very pleasantly surprised that we were upgraded to a 1 BR Apartment on the top floor, which was very comfortable indeed.
The views from this hotel of the harbour are breathtaking, especially from the higher floors.
Also, the hotel is very conveniently located in the centre of the tourist district of Mitchell St, which was a new experience for tis Darwin girl as it was the first time I visited Darwin and didn't stay with friends or family.
The bar makes a good coffee and the buffet breakfast has plenty of options.
Given the effort that staff and management put in to ensuring we had a comfortable stay, I would certainly consider staying here again, you can't put a price on good customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on the Esplanade offers guests an unrivalled location near Darwin Harbour and the convenience of close proximity to Darwin's CBD. The property boasts panoramic views across the harbour, out to the Arafura Sea and presents the ideal vantage point from which to experience a famous Northern Territory sunset. Accommodation options include 64 hotel rooms, plus 140 one, two and three bedroom apartments, all designed to reflect the local tropical style and comfortably casual laid-back ambience. Apartments also feature a large private balcony, fully-equipped kitchen and laundry and the convenience of an in-room office in selected apartments, providing modem and facsimile plus ISD/STD direct dial phones and voice mail message services. Mantra on the Esplanade offers 24 hour reception, 24 hour room service, concierge, outdoor pool, beauty salon, same day laundry service (excluding Sunday), business and secretarial services, tour desk and foreign exchange desk. Business guests can choose from two conference rooms, Bathurst and Melville rooms, accommodating up to 50 delegates. Telegraph Eating House & Bar is conveniently located within the hotel and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Featuring an alfresco dining area, guests can relax and enjoy a variety of dishes and a host of cold beverages to choose from.Mantra on the Esplanade is an ideal accommodation choice for travellers and perfect for people relocating to the Northern Territory or those on a long stay work assignment. Leisure travellers will enjoy the hotel as a base to explore the Territory's lively capital city and a host of stunning natural tourist attractions, all located within close proximity to Mantra on the Esplanade. Short and long-term rates are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on the Esplanade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On The Esplanade Hotel Darwin
- Mantra On The Esplanade Darwin