My best friend & I shared a lovely two bedroom, two bathroom corner suite on 7th floor when we traveled to Darwin in June '14. I'd spoken to the helpful Brighley on Reception before we got there & she continued to be helpful during our ten days. I'd stayed there before & loved it & it was even better this time. Hotel entrance is spacious & inviting. Our suite was huge, nicely set up & the view was really wonderful, out over the wide, flat expanse of harbour. I enjoyed watching the Australian Patrol boats set off & return hours later. We sat on the balcony almost every evening with a glass of red, watching those glorious, famous sunsets. The beds were very comfortable & housekeeping made them up every day & changed towels when needed. We had lovely striped pool towels too ;) The kitchen was stocked with everything one needed to prepare & serve meals. Hotel hallways are wide & nicely furnished. The restaurant & bar were comfortable, with very helpful staff. We enjoyed our risotto dinner in the restaurant & loved the yummy, chicken burger for lunch which we ate outside under a huge umbrella... afterwards returning to the pool ;-) which is nice - pool tiling is being fixed later this year, we heard. Good things: Our room air con needed attention & the fix-it man was there the same day. Not so good: buses which pull up to drop off/pick up guests, leave their motors running for a long time & when you're by the pool it's noisy & smelly. Best things: great view, good beds, friendly staff, good food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on the Esplanade offers guests an unrivalled location near Darwin Harbour and of close proximity to Darwin's CBD. Accommodation options include hotel rooms, one, two and three bedroom apartments, all designed to reflect the local tropical style and comfortably casual laid-back ambience. Mantra on the Esplanade offers 24 hour reception, 24 hour room service, concierge, outdoor pool, beauty salon, same day laundry service (excluding Sunday), business and secretarial services, tour desk and foreign exchange desk. Business guests can choose from two conference rooms. Telegraph Eating House & Bar is conveniently located within the hotel and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Leisure travellers will enjoy the hotel as a base to explore the Territory's lively capital city and a host of stunning natural tourist attractions, all located within close proximity to Mantra on the Esplanade. Short and long-term rates are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Mantra on the Esplanade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On The Esplanade Hotel Darwin
- Mantra On The Esplanade Darwin