“Darwin Novotel”
Review of Novotel Darwin CBD

Novotel Darwin CBD
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Our stay in Darwin location was great but the hotel is looking tired the pool area was not relaxing and no sun water was to cold . Breakfast was what can I say as the hotel tired and uninteresting the coffee machine did not make a coffee food was overcooked

The value was not there for what we paid

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guispina
NovotelDarwinManager, Manager at Novotel Darwin CBD, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Dear Guispina,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Atrium Darwin. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Your comments in regards to the breakfast has been discussed with the team, please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Darwin CBD

Reviewed 30 July 2012

The location of the hotel is very good, but overall the rooms, lobby etc are looking a bit tired. Staff were very helpful and friendly and the breakfast wasn't too bad. As I said, a great location, but that's really about it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear smbsstt,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Atrium Darwin. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I arrived late directly from the airport. At the desk there were 2 staff of opposite concerns. The first staff member greater me with almost a Basil Fawlty manner as if I was disturbing his night, argued about the bill payment and rarely addressed me tending to look at the paperwork. The other staff member kept a simultaneous conversation happening about my city of origin to the point of asking twice which superb I lived in! This was quite uncomfortable. The breakfast was to be included in the room cost but again there was an argument at breakfast around this. It is disappointing that there is no internal gym. Guests are given access to a gym somewhere in the city. The room however was a lovely size and neat modern decor. Great central but quiet location. Would stay there again but the staff interaction will probably prevent me from returning.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank annieofnfa

Dear annieofnfa,

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I have talked to the staff members that handled your check in about your feedback and would like to apologise on their behalf. Please be rest assure that this will not reoccur.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Great sized room and very clean. The place is a little tired, but not bad at all.

You cannot beat the location.

Very friendly staff. Very happy to store luggage, arrange taxi's, and helpful with early check in. Breakfast was included and was fantastic.

Could have used a clothes dryer in the laundry - but that is really stretching to say that is negative!!

Definitely stay here again if I was in Darwin.

Room Tip: We had a view from our room over the park and water - which was really lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear lilbluehorse,

Reviewed 22 July 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Excellent location, staff very friendly and helpful, rooms very comfortable, great pool, bar and ameneties and very clean. Overall excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AJBAMB
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Being a Le Club Accor member, I was really disappointed at Novotel Darwin. The hotel is really tired. Though our room was of a reasonable size, the bathroom is tiny. In fact there is no bath tub, just shower. cubicle. When I looked at the floor plan of the hotel, I noticed that we were allocated one of the smaller rooms, with tiny windows facing another building which is just a few feet away. There is no natural sunlight going into the room. I thought by being a gold card member I would have been given a better room, or at least not the worst room! The lifts are slow and terrible. I once called the lift and when the lift door was open, I walked towards the lift within 1 second but the lift door shut in front of me. I pressed the button again and the door reopened. I walked in immediately but it shut on me again and hit my right arm. I decided to let it go. The Management should also take note of the hygiene of the toilets on the ground floor. Especially they should take a look in the evening. I never wanted to use it again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family