“No information on check-in or in room”
Review of Novotel Darwin CBD

Novotel Darwin CBD
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Darwin
Broome, Australia
“No information on check-in or in room”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I was pretty disappointed overall with my stay at the Novotel. Generally speaking when you check in to anywhere they will give you a run down of their facilities, what time they serve breakfast etc.. These guys didn't. The man at reception did not even give direction to where my room was located. He turned to answer the phone and I queried another guest on which way I should head to find where i would be staying. Once in my room there was no compendium or hotel information available, I was already tired from my travels I didn't particularly want to leave my room again to ask just the basics, the phone had no instructions so I went back down to reception. I asked for a compendium to be delivered the staff said yes - I never received one at all during the 3 day stay... I had to basically probe for information, similar to that of a tooth extraction. I would however like to commend Tayler & a taller woman on training for their beautiful demeanor and wonderful advice once asked. They were both brilliant staff and a great asset to your business.

Room Tip: Try to choose one of the rooms with the bay views --- Mine overlooked the grotto.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ajay V, General Manager at Novotel Darwin CBD, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear TillyMillican,

Thanks for your feedback and I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for your stay at the Novotel.
As you can read from the previous comments we are very proud of the service standards we provide and it is disappointing to hear that we did not deliver to your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I will personally speak with the department Managers concerned regarding your comments about the check in process and the information provided about the Hotel and will address the concerns with promptness.

We also greatly appreciate your feedback regarding Taylor and Kirsten and will share your feedback with the team.

Once again thank you for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back and provide you with service we are very proud of.

Ajay Vaid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Indonesian first
Kaitaia. NZ
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed there 3 nights & it was a very good experience. Rooms were large & clean, staff friendly & the location was excellent, right across from the Esplanade & the sea.
The restaurant there served great meals, breakfast, lunch & dinner & there was also a really good bar & lounge area.

I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear delton486,

Greatly appreciate your feedback and the kind words regarding the staff engagement and the quality of the room and the Food & Beverage offerings.

Comments like yours make me very proud and serve as an encouragement as we continuously try to improve our guest experience.

Hope you had a great holiday in Darwin and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was travelling with a work colleague and we tried to have a beer in the bar at 5:30pm which proved impossible due to the fact that they had some group having a meeting in the bar area. In actual fact they took over the whole of reception, the bar and the dining area due to the fact that about 30 people attended this function and one person had a microphone and spoke taking over the whole area. Anybody arriving or leaving was forced to listen to this person speaking. If a group would like a meeting then they should get a conference room and not be disruptive to everybody else.
Secondly the next morning I was in my room when to my surprise one of the staff just entered the room without knocking. I asked what she wanted and why she did not knock. She told me she needed to check the mininbar. I asked again why she did not knock and she said she needed to check the mininbar and did try and knock. When I check out I informed them about this incident but they were more concerned about telling me that paying by credit card would incur a 1.5% surcharge and were not really interested in anything else

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Quintus63
Dear Quintus 63,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Atrium Darwin. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We do understand the inconvenience caused due to the meeting and can rest assure that we will be suggesting the use of the meeting rooms for any future events, I would also like to personally apologise for the staff engagement especially with mini bar and the check out receptionist and will be personally dealing with the situation and address it as a matter of priority

Novotel Darwin Atrium

Travellers are raving about these Darwin hotels

Melbourne
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Great Service, from the check in to the check out. Reception are friendly and are willing to assist. The facilities are great, and it was great to see that the hotel participated in the earth hour.. Would definitely would stay again.

Home away from home :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear J C,

I am very proud to receive such a positive feedback regarding the staff engagement especially your kind comments about the reception team.

We do take our commitment to sustainability initiatives very seriously and its very comforting to read that you appreciated our efforts over the Earth Hour.

We hope to welcome you back at the Hotel in the near future and hope your future stays are as good at the previous ones.