Novotel Darwin CBD
US$169
US$162
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Oaks Elan Darwin(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$145
Mantra Pandanas(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$148
Hotels.com
US$153
Good 3.5/5
Quality Hotel Darwin Airport(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$105
H Hotel(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$123
  • Restaurant
Mantra on the Esplanade(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$170
  • Restaurant
Vibe Hotel Darwin Waterfront(Darwin)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$126
Travelocity
US$76
US$74
1,431 results
All reviewsnovotel atriumroom upgradelounge areamitchell streetqueen beda bit tiredacross the roadbuffet breakfastpleasant stayharbour viewtop endgreat positionbars and restaurantscar parkingesplanadenovateljabiru
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I travelled with my 14 yr old daughter. The room was clean and spacious, bed was comfortable. Service was good. The internet which is available in the lobby was only working occasionally. TV x 2 in the room had terrible pictures (maybe this is Darwin connection problems?)The pool was nice but the pool area needs a real spruce up. There are quite a few tiles missing on the pool. The hotel gives the appearance of being run down with little attention to detail. The door leading out to the pool is dirty, the windows are dirty. The glass elevator (lift) which could be nice is grubby. The doors to this are grubbly. There are cobwebs hanging from the ceiling in the main area. Yes, it is very high, but it still should be cleaned. Having said that, it is in an excellent location. This hotel is not 4 star anymore. It is excellent value if you get a really cheap price though. With an overhaul dragging it into the 21st century it would be a really great place again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank LindenTasmania
Reviewed 27 January 2010

We stayed for three nights at the Novotel and found everything fine. Sure, some areas of the hotel look 'used' but the room was quite nice. There is more than 4 channels, some people obviously need a lesson in how to operate TVs. There are the usual free to air channels plus four or five cable channels. The room was clean and spacious and the atrium with all the plants is nice in such a hot climate. Very convenient location and free parking. I'm just annoyed I couldn't find the fake crocodile - maybe they've removed it?

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PRAust
Reviewed 2 January 2010

The loction pretty good, very near o the center of Darwin an next to the park.
...but that´s all..
The hotel itself looks old, not in a good condition, it looks very 'used' and urgently needs a renovation. Broken tiles in the pool, no shower facilities before you fly out, just 4 TV channels - all in all it looks like out of the mid 80's....
...too much money to pay for that what you get, it's easy to find something better in Darwin.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Klaus0366
Reviewed 1 January 2010

My partner and I live in Darwin with our two children. We have stayed at the Novotel before but not for several years. We have always remembered our stays fondly and thought we would stay for a few days after Christmas with our kids. I booked a two bedroom apartment several weeks in advance and we were really looking forward to going.

The room was a little disappointing as one of the bedroom doors had been damaged, there was paint flaking and the bathroom fittings were quite old and yucky looking. We weren't too worried about that as we have two small children so we are used to places looking worn out fairly quickly. The main problem was the air conditioners leaked in the main bedroom and the second bedroom of our two bedroom apartment. The air conditioner leaked all over one of the single beds making the mattress and bed clothing wet. The other leaked over the desk and on our camera. When we informed staff of the problem a staff member attended after 30 minutes and cleaned out the filters. She stood on the single bed to reach the filter (at least she took her shoes off) and then rinsed the filters in the bathroom sink and left the lint all round the sink. She was moody and barely communicated with us as if she was annoyed that we had called. I asked her if she could change the mattress and bed clothes and she said she wasn't sure if there were any spare mattresses but she would check.

Shortly after we checked in, about 5 minutes after reporting the air conditioners, I enquired about any breakfast deals and was told by staff that we could get two breakfasts for $26 (2 for 1 deal) but I didn't organise anything at the time. Two hours later, the sheets and mattress hadn't been changed and the air conditioners were leaking again. We went down to the desk and my partner spoke to the person who had cleaned the filters and said we would like the 2 for 1 deal for breakfast. She said that we couldn't have it as we had to organise it before we booked into the hotel. When I explained that I had spoken to someone earlier and she told me we could have the breakfast deal, I was given the third degree. She wanted to know the person's name and when I couldn't provide that, I was asked to describe this person. Her attitude was very confrontational and quite aggressive. After she was satisfied that she knew who I was talking about, she told me that this person was not the manager and had no authority to give us the breakfast deal so we were not entitled to it. My partner told her that we would not worry about the breakfast deal and informed her that the air conditioners were leaking again. We went out to dinner and did not dine at Zest as we had intended as we were so upset with the way we had been treated.

Although we only stayed a few nights, this was a planned 'get away' and one we had been looking forward to for some weeks. This staff member's behaviour was extremely inappropriate and uncalled for. We only ever spoke to her in a respectful and polite way and we expected the same in return. If it wasn't for the fact that we had two small children, thus making it difficult to move easily, we would have left the hotel that night.

The Novotel is definitely in need of rennovation and staff need to attend some customer service training courses. We have stayed at the Novotel Darwin a few times previously but we will definitely not be back.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank NTGirlDarwin
Reviewed 10 October 2009

A great locaion but a tired and shabby hotel.Very disappointing.
Wendy NSW

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank dorisvan
NovotelDarwinManager, Hotel Manager at Novotel Darwin CBD, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2009

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your recent stay.

Our aim is to provide our guests with the same "great" Novotel experience to which you refer in your review title. Our rooms are well equipped and spacious and our indoor tropical gardens with abundant natural light provide an ideal venue to meet, dine and entertain. The location of the hotel makes Novotel Darwin Atrium an ideal choice for both business and leisure travellers.

Kind regards,