“Hit the spot, Best indian food I have had in ages ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Darwin, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hit the spot, Best indian food I have had in ages ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Last night I went done to the wharf for some fish and chips. I was walking around and i found a new indian place. Even though im not a big indian food fan, i decides to try indian. I had a few dishes. My whole family enjoyed it. And their naan bread is delicious. He makes his own naan bread and puts it in a charcoal tandoor. I will be recommending this awesome take away to all my friends and family and work mates. It is reasonably priced.

1 Thank Lily S

Brisbane, Australia
“Lovely setting. Reasonable food. Not so good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I only stopped I here to get takeaway but as I sat waiting for my order I thought to myself what a lovely setting it is in - right on the water with marina views. It really would be nice to come here for a sit down meal (I think it used to be a Japanese sushi restaurant and I think I came here when it was in its previous guise). Anyway, they do allow BYO wine and the corkage is $1 per head, which isn't bad

The dine in prices were about $2 more than the takeaway prices for Mains and $1 more for entrees. My Mains dishes cost $13 each which I thought was very reasonable. One entree cost just $5 and the other $8, again quite good prices.

The place overall was very clean and really pleasant. I was offered a seat at a table while I waited and was given water, however the food took so long coming out that it's just as well they did this because the time I had to wait to get my food was extremely long. Too long. Eventually I had to ask them what was happening and it turned out it was ready but nobody had brought it out to me.

Was it worth the wait? Well, some dishes yes. Some dishes no. I had vegetable samosas ($5 for 4 pieces) for entree. I've had better, more tastier samosas but at $5 for 4 they were ok. I also ordered the Fish Amritisari ($8 for about 4 pieces). Wasn't that keen on this dish. Mainly because the "coating" of chickpea batter was very soggy by the time I got to eat it. Maybe fresh and crispy it might be a different dish. As for mains. I had the vegetable korma which was nice, reasonably tasty and enough to be enjoyable. I also had the cauliflower Punjabi Gobi and that was also reasonably nice. However the Punjabi Dahl was not nice at all, in fact I really disliked it and didn't eat more than a few mouthfuls, then into the bin it went.

All the mains dishes came with free rice - which was a nice change from having to order and pay for rice separately.

All on all it was "nice" food. I wouldn't rave over it and I wouldn't break my neck to go back there but, as I said, it is a lovely setting so it certainly would make for a nice night out by the water. Probably would suggest it if I was going to dinner with a group of friends where good company overrides the food.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wagga Wagga
“My first choice for Indian in Darwin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I love coming here because the price is very reasonable especially for take-away, unlike some of the other Indian restaurants in Darwin.
The food here is amazing, I love the Palak Paneer!
I recommend this place to anyone that asks about where to get a good Indian feed.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank apc90
Darwin, Australia
“Indian food at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

A friend recommended this place at Stokes Hill Wharf. Having finished the shopping chores we headed down for lunch today. Having heard about the tasting plate I thought I'll give that a try. The tasting plate is comprised of 1 dhal, 1 chicken, 1 beef or lamb dish with some rice and naan bread. To my surprise one choose which chicken dish and if a beef or lamb dish is preferred.

When the food was ready and could be picked up it was a pleasure to look at the plate, very inviting and by no means 'fast food' style. And then of course the taste, it was absolutely delicious - great portion size and lip smacking tasty.

We sure will go back many times to come.

• Visited March 2014
“Pleasant Indian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We go to the wharf once a month or so. For the last 2 times I have decided on India food and on both occasions the food has been of good quality. I tried the tasting tray last time and it was very pleasant. The price was reasonable, the amount was acceptable, although perhaps a little light for someone with a large appetite, and the taste very nice.

• Visited January 2014