“stay away”

Coolalinga Caravan Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Darwin
Coolalinga Caravan Park
Ranked #40 of 51 Speciality Lodging in Darwin
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Rang to book a cabin after looking at their website which quoted $98 for 2 people and $10 for each addition adult. On the phone the rude women quoted me $210 and when I queried the price she laughed in my face and to told me I had to be kidding for accomodation in Darwin. When I mentioned the pricing on the website she said that it was out of date?? What the hell. Had been staying at the palms resort which is way more lux than these guys for $220 so why bother.

My advice shop around rude idiots like these don't deserve your business.
Teresa of Adelaide

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Teresa W

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I travel 4000+kms to visit a destination. Not to stay at the caravan park complaining. I had a two person donga (it is literally a transportable), fully contained- the stove, oven, grill, fridge were all fairly new and in good working order. The two air conditioners were slightly noisy but icy cold for the heat of the day when we came in to drop off shopping or clean up to go out again- and also for the evenings when the barometer didnt drop much below 24celsius. I asked for another pillow- and got it. Take your own blanket or doonah- the standard supplied one is quite thin. Take your own towel (who doesnt anyway) beause you have to use the smallish one they provide for 3-4 days until the linen is done again (Mon and Thurs). I had many travelling friends who paid over double elsewhere of a similar standard closeby- to what it cost us at Coolalinga. Kathy at the front desk was sweet and helpful. Close to shopping centre, McDonalds and central to both Darwin (26km) and the Hwy beyond by country standards. If you holiday for a holiday- give this joint a go. If you go away to sit around staring at the flaking paint or at your unemployed neighbours all day - get a life and stay home.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Milesy W
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Was very close to the venue we needed to visit, the cabin was filthy, the beds hard and lumpy, an old Donga with no maintenance, the air conditioners were filthy and so noisy we couldn't use them, the grounds dusty and unkempt, the pool was filthy the day we wanted to swim, way over priced for an unserviced cabin, no cooking pans etc etc. would not recommend, thank goodness one of the staff was nice

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

As per Ian we rated this 1 as there are no minus numbers.
We stayed in an unpowered tent site.
Was assured we would be in a grassy, shady spot, what a joke.
Our neighbors were all unemployed, drank constantly and lived
under tarpaulins.
Some of the permanent residents ran trucking business from the park
and come and go at all hours.
I have stayed in nicer spots on the side of the Oodnadatta Track.
If you are tenting it keep going and stay at Free Spirit in Palmeston, lovely.
Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We rated this a 1..only because there was no minus numbers !!!
We were left with no allternative and had to stay there, they should have paid us !!!
Donga was old dirty and just hanging in one piece, have slept in tents better than this crap.
paint flaking off walls, kitchen chairs only just holding together, aircon was held in the wall by rolled up paper towel jammed between the walls, minimal cutlery and bare essentials for coffee and tea making,we had to go to Woolies to buy our own.Dirt in every corner, hole in roof packed with alfoil,bathroom was disgusting, flithy floor, drain cover came out in your hands, shower was dirty, hot water system so tiny.. have seen larger porta potties !! Ran out of hot water in seconds, found a broom behind the door, it was loaded with dust and fluff. Bedroom was small , bed was hard as rocks, could of slept outside and got a better sleep.
We realise this place is pet friendly, however, I wouldn't even let my dog stay here....
If your caught out in this place and needed to stay overnight, try the Woolies car park !!!!,
If you are unfortunate enough to stay there, make sure you have ALL your shots first.. and then contact the Health Department, maybe pay for a night so THEY can experience first hand the type of crap this place is serving up to travellers..
We do have photos, they just make me sick to look at them..

Room Tip: Find somewhere else ..FAST !!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank ian t
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Quite surprised by the reviews i read after we left. Like most of the accommodation in the territory Coolalinga CP is old but we found the staff very friendly and the park well shaded and the pool perfectly clear. Had a great site near the pool. Kathy the manageress is fantastic and one of the few parks we have stayed at where the permanent community is clean tidy and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bob F
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Were to start a fully self contained cabin.
It is a donga, I opened the door to find a hall way and a door infront of me. I opened it and there right in the centre was the ensuite. Look right down the small hallway was a bedroom with 2 single iron beds with a t.v and down the other end was two more single beds. The cutlery was in an old bedside chesta draws and a microwave shoved on a side table.
BBQ outside which was fine, that was explained to me.
There was one chair for four people outside to sit on and old mate had just arrived to clean the BBQ.

Not happy Jan!!!!! considering I had too little children and two adults when I went to get my refund I was told that it was a hole, she also told me that Families don't like the cabins because they are to dear for them. In here wisdom she also mentioned that she had a lady stay there with two children for three months and was very great full. (does this mean i should be)
I reminded her that she had got bad reviews on trip advise but she believed not while she was there, and she has never had a complaint. But as i was standing there her helper came in and said "has that women from the van came down to have a windge yet"

Don't leave till you get a refund we went down the road and two other parks that said they get so many complaints from there and she does not usually give a refund, but i guess when there is other people waiting to book in she does not want the bad publicity. So pick your time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family