“Near the airport.”

Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Darwin
Adelaide, Australia
“Near the airport.”
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We arrived late at this resort and were met by friendly staff. After a lengthy check in our room was changed because of the distance to the first one that was allocated to us. We got a bungalow overlooking the pool.
As it was late at night and we had not visited here before we were given a map and a key to find our room. I felt we could have been shown the accommodation as we were not familiar with this place. It took us forever trying to find where we were to stay. We were not the only ones in this predicament. We were fortunate enough to stumble upon a security guard who could actually lead us to our bungalow.
The bungalow was good, well equipped with air conditioning that worked well. The small kitchen was handy.
The location of this place was excellent for us as we needed to be close to the airport which was within walking distance.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen N
JustinBoydell, General Manager at Mercure Darwin Airport Resort, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I apologise for you not being given more assistance in directions to your room. We have improved the lighting and signage for the guest rooms to minimise this concern in the future.
I am glad to see you enjoyed the bungalow room facilities and thank you for your recent patronage.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Have stayed her lots for work, the rooms are ok, their a decent size and clean they just feel a little dated. Good bar for sitting back and having a drink by the pool.
The restaurant is a bit average but the one in the sister hotel across the road long foong is great
Not very close to town but very convenient for airport travel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Rydges Darwin Airport Resort. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and as you commented we are very convenient for the airport traveller.
The Runaway bar overlooking the pool is a great place to relax or meet with friends and the Essence Restaurant offers a grill type menu with Steaks a feature.
Thank again for choosing the resort and I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Alice Springs, Australia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I've stayed here a few times passing through darwin airport. Very convenient location, clean and comfortable rooms, nice bar and restaurant, reasonable price (by Darwin standards). Service has always been pleasant, competent and accomodating.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for choosing to stay at the Rydges Darwin Airport Resort. I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay. We are well located near the airport and with the complementary shuttle it makes the transit very easy.
Thanks again for your patronage and support and I trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort when next you are travelling to Darwin.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The notion of a resort at an airport seemed rather foolish, but really the only thing this place offers over a hotel is a swimming pool.
I booked here when my office asked me to change the location of work on my way home from a holiday. This necessitated a stop of 13 hours in Darwin, so not long enough to go into town, and since I would be leaving at 1am, I wanted to try to get some sleep. Just about any hotel would do for this purpose, so it's disappointing that there isn't a budget option at Darwin Airport, where flight schedules are so erratic.
On my arrival in my room, the airconditioner was set to 29, which was barely two below the outside temperature, and it took a long time to get the temperature in the room down to something habitable so I could sleep. Unfortunately, the rattling of the airconditioner was way too loud for this to be easy.
The bed, though, was comfortable, and when I ran out of tired the television offered a fine distraction.
The standard hotel habit of putting the shower rose below my chin has been observed here. I did manage to turn it over, so that it was pointing up towards the ceiling, which I thought was a clever solution to this problem, and one that I will make a habit of doing where the rose has been positioned ridiculously low from now on.
Otherwise, this is a very standard hotel, with very expensive food options, but a very short walk from better options in the airport itself.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
JustinBoydell, General Manager at Mercure Darwin Airport Resort, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Resort. My apologies for the inconvenience caused by the shower and the air conditioning setting upon arrival. We do try to have housekeeping leave the A/c on 24 degrees but know this isn't always the case.
A handy hint when staying is to join the Priority Guest Program at reception (its free) and get great discounts off food when dining.
Thanks again for your valuable feedback
Alice Springs, Australia
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

A quick walk from the Airport through a wooded track. Nice pool and decent food available. Very pleasant outdoor reception and nice and green lawns and plants throughout. Comfortable and modern room. Let down by outrageous Internet fees and no little extras - no food or drink in fridge, cheap coffee and no decaf, not even a spoon to stir it.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
JustinBoydell, General Manager at Mercure Darwin Airport Resort, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I apologise for the lack of room amenites in your room during your stay. All the tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms should contain the cups saucers and spoons. Whilst we don't offer mini bars in the rooms both the Resort and the hotel have lobby shops on which to get basics and snacks and drinks at realistic prices.
We have upgraded our internet to a wi fi system in both the rooms and the public area which is fast and reliable and is free for the first 30 MB daily.
Thanks again for the feedback and I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Resort when next you are visiting Darwin.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I booked two superior queen rooms with my partner and another couple for 1 night at 140 USD per room per night. There were no inclusions, just the rooms. It was advertized as having plasma/LCD TVs with satellite channels. Our rooms had CRT TVs and local channels only. There was no internet connection available in the rooms whatsoever, and in the lobby there was wifi available, but it wasn't free. I don't know how this place can be described as a resort. It's just a hotel with a nice bar.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank RobOliv
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expections during this stay.
You will be pleased to know that we have upgraded both our internet and television since your stay with a better platform. We offer over 35 television channels on LCD televisions since the rollout of digital in the Northern Territory. We offer a range of Foxtel and Free to air channels for our guests to enjoy. The internet is now also wi fi in the rooms and the public areas and is much faster download and response. The first 30 MB are free for reviewing and answering e-mail and browsing before a charge applies.
Thanks for your valuable feedbavk and I trust that we may have the opportunity to make amends should you be travelling to Darwin in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Darwin hotels

Uralla, Australia
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We were flying back to Darwin just for an overnight stay on our way home from Gove.We walked in to a tropical paradise,beautiful gardens,lovely entrance lobby and a great room with very good air-con-a must in Darwin in Oct.We had a long swim next morning in the lovely pool and enjoyed a delicious breakfast.Free shuttle was provided to and from the airport with the drivers' even helping us with luggage upstairs to our room.Would have liked to spend more time there!.Well done,Rydges and staff!

Room Tip: Think ground floor rooms are best with luggage.