“Average at best”

Mercure Darwin Airport Resort
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here for one night on a work trip before a flight out the next day. I was in a "superior queen" room. The decor and furniture were very dated and worn out, the bathroom pipes were very noisy, both from my room and the one above me. It was noisy in general, with people wheeling their luggage up and down the stairs at all hours. I wouldn't choose to stay here again, it may be convenient but for the same price you could get something much nicer in town. If you have more than 12 hours layover, head elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
JustinBoydell, General Manager at Mercure Darwin Airport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Rydges Darwin Airport Resort. Our guest's feedback plays an important role in improving our facilities and service in the future.
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please accept my apology that your recent stay was impacted by other guest's noise and movements throughout the resort.
If you are in Darwin again, please feel free to contact me for the opportunity to make amends.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights on business.
A good place to stay as it is close to the airport. Free shuttle bus takes two minutes. The room was basic but clean. Tea and coffee making facilities are in the room, which is handy. Breakfast is buffet style with a decent amount of choices. An open air reception with views of the swimming pool greet you on arrival.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
All the rooms have a small balcony and two chairs and a table. A/C in the room together with a ceiling fan.
Some noise can be heard from the airport occasionally, but it is not obtrusive.
Lancashireman.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are best if you have to carry luggage.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay at Rydges Darwin Airport Resort. Your feedback is an important tool in ensuring high standards of service.
It's great to hear that the room and facilities were adequate for your requirements and you enjoyed the received appropriate service from our staff.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here for less than 24 hours due to having a flight the next day. I was accomidated through jetstar. This place was ok to refresh yourself, I did have the free shuttle bus to there but it is an easy 10-15min walk if tou arn't carrying anything too heavy. I was dissapointed the fact that I was accomidated in an upstairs room and I was carrying heavy lauggage and they had no lifts or easy access for those who have heavy lauggage on which I had to carry myself. Room was average. Resturant food was expensive although jetstar paid for it, I was still served cold pasta and not made fresh. Wouldn't recommend staying here if you are staying more than 48 hours.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Your time taken to review Rydges Darwin Airport Resort is greatly appreciated. Your feedback plays an important role in improving our facilities and services for the future.
I sincerely apologise for your room allocation and I have passed this onto the Front Office Manager. As we do not offer a porter service, our driver is happy to assist in bringing bags to rooms when required.
Thank you, again, for your feedback and if you are passing through Darwin again, feel free to contact me as I would appreciate the opportunity to make amends.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Room was clean and well presented with a great self contained kitchen area.Great setting with a lovely pool. Laundry facilities were great. Only negative the standard double bed, was tiny so not my 1st bedding choice. All the weekend staff were very friendly and helpful. Good selection with food, walking distance to airport. Shuttle bus also avaliable which does do a trip into city, as taxi fare into city was $25 one way.

Room Tip: For a longer stay or a more spacious room, the kitchenette was great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackson66Perth

Thank you for your review of Rydges Darwin Airport Resort. Our guest feedback is necessary to rectify any issues for the future.
I am happy you enjoyed your stay and were able to utilise a variety of our services and facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Airport resort is a short 5 minute walk from the terminal, although they do offer a shuttle bus.
The rooms are clean, neat and suitable for either overnight (business room) or several days (cabins). Given their location to the airport they are very quiet for an overnight stay.

Darwin has a large number of late night and early morning departures so it makes wonderful sense to use this hotel for this purpose.

Unfortunately due to its popularity and the large number of events in Darwin during the dry season (May to November) the room price skyrockets to a level that puts it out of reach for some in particular locals.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

I appreciate you taking time out to review Rydges Darwin Airport Resort. Our guest's feedback plays an important role in continuing to provide quality service.
It's fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay and utilised our facilities. During our peak season, June-September, high demand drives our rates up, however outside of these months, there will be better deals to be found in the market.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We had come to the end of our memorable Darwin Holiday staying at Darwin Waterfront Luxury Suites (refer my review) when our flight was delayed due to the Indonesian volcanic eruption (we weren't upset at all to have to stay another day on holiday in Darwin!!). After considering our options we decided to try the Rydges Resort which proved to be a perfect choice. We chilled out in the fantastic pool, relaxed watching the footy with a few cold bevvies, something to eat (I recommend the Chinese over the road at the Hotel that offers great food at reasonable prices) and had a great nights sleep before an easy & enjoyable 5 minute walk to the airport to catch the plane home.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Rydges Darwin Airport Resort. The time taken to write your review is greatly appreciated as it is necessary to ensure continuous friendly and efficient service.
I'm glad some positives came from your flight disruption and you enjoyed your time at the resort.
Although the airport is only 350 metres away, we do have a 24-hour, on-demand courtesy shuttle to take guests to and from the airport and the airport precinct.
We hope you can enjoy our facilities again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I stopped here for a 6 hour sleepover between flights in and out of Darwin (arriving at 1am). Reception staff were friendly and checked me in quickly.
There is an on-demand shuttle to and from the airport which is really handy.
Bed was comfy and room was clean. A little bit noisy at odd hours of the night (people and luggage up and down corridors) as expected being an airport hotel.
Didn't have a meal there or use the facilities, but the pool looked nice!
Would stay there again on a future stopover if needed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing our property in regards to your recent stay. Our guest feedback is a key tool in ensuring a consistent standard of service to our guests.
The complimentary, on-demand airport shuttle running 24-hours is one of the must-haves for guests in transit and I'm glad you were able to utilise this service.
Again, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.