“Luva-a-duck!”

Price range: US$7 - US$32
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open early every day and located on the famous Mitchell Street Ducks Nuts has been an icon in the Darwin Restaurant and entertainment precinct for more than 10 years with amazing food and cocktails. Affectionately known as Ducks by the locals, this venue has something for everyone! A great place to celebrate a birthday, have a delicious meal or simply grab a cold beer. For Darwin Restaurants, bars and entertainment, you have come to the right place.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I come often; most mornings, in fact. The service is friendly and efficient and they remember how I like my coffee which is nice. The breakfast menu has recently changed and I love what I have tasted so far. The new sweetcorn fritters with spicy avocado and baked eggs are fabulous. The omelettes are consistently good. The bruschetta is lovely. Plain scrambled eggs is always good and I like the way they offer many varieties of bread, including rye, Turkish, whole grain, multi wheat AND serve real butter on the side. I eat here occasionally at lunchtime and highly recommend the fish tacos. Just a great meeting place in the morning and a good way to start the day.

1  Thank Gilli68

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hey why would you eat the buffet at a hotel when a quiet stroll up to MItchell Street delivers a better experience at a cheaper price?

I love this place an eat breakfast here every time I visit Darwin (2-3 times a year). So why do I continue;

1) the staff are always friendly and efficient
2) the coffee is great and they have chai latte which pleases my better half
3) the food is better than an average breakfast and one of the best in Darwin
4) if you are in a hurry you can be out of the place within 20-30 minutes (if you eat like me that is)

I had the Bacon and Egg sandwich most days, the muesli was also very nice and my partner had the Eggs Benedict which she loved

See you next August Ducks Nuts

1  Thank SthOz
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Breakfast on Saturday at Ducks! It's been a while since coming here for breakfast since visiting about 2 years ago and ordering Eggs Benedict with ham and receiving bacon and when questioned was told " its all the same".... Still get a coffee here nearly Saturday though as i think its nice. I visited with friends who told me its their fav breakfast place which seems to be the same for a lot of people, it was very busy, we were lucky to get an inside table away from the very loud music. Menu offered What a Choice! I settled on the corn fritters with spicy salsa on the side. Quick service on coffee and food despite the number of people. We all ordered different options some with extras which was not a problem. Mine was a lovely change from my usual benny and I enjoyed it all. The only down would be being asked by 4 different staff members if everything was alright during our meal. Would go back again to try more of the breakfast menu.

1  Thank Michelle T
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Been here a few times. Staff attentive, great coffee and breakfast. Busy which is always a good sign.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great locality with a choice of open air or interior dining. Top quality food an a great wine list. 15 beers/ciders on tap served by attentive staff.