“Whether it's a lunch or dinner moorish is fantastic”
Review of Moorish Cafe

Moorish Cafe
Ranked #6 of 394 Restaurants in Darwin
Price range: US$13 - US$43
Cuisines: African, Moroccan, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Moorish Café is adorned with exotic aromas, local artistry, banquette seating and a new modern look with exquisite tables and comfy chairs to truly savour the ambience. Darwin's ten-time Gold Plate Awards winner is also playing with more vivacious flavours from Spain and North Africa. The fascinating menu, features fresh local ingredients, hosts over 30 different tapas with edgy additions like the Grilled sumac spiced NT barramundi with bloodless bloody Mary and the King Salmon and Sichuan pepper pâté with fennel confit. To compliment a drop from the acclaimed cellar of older vintages try the Baharat spiced kangaroo fillet with pickled beetroot, smoked chat potatoes and goat cheese sauce, grilled NT Goldband Snapper fillet with roasted cherry tomatoes and chunky chips, sumptuous slow-cooked tagine or Dukkah crusted Black Angus eye fillet on sweet potato mash with bone marrow and red wine reduction. From private function feasts to intimate dinners for two, Moorish Café creates something delectable for every taste.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I really enjoy how friendly the staff are at Moorish. The food is also quite sensational. I normally go with friends and share tapas and it is always an exquisite experience. The Spanish house wine the Esmerelda is a must try. The food comes quickly and is all great. My friend hates kangaroo with a passion but the kangaroo at Moorish is my favourite dish, I convinced him to try it the first time we dined there together and he agrees it is fantastic. He now even orders it for himself. I have also tried all the desserts. my favourite is the chilli chocolate cake but the humpy doo honey crepes and the Turkish delight ice cream are also superb. Don't hesitate to try this place it is fantastic. Also it serves food later then most darwin restaurants which is great for me because I finish work at around 9pm and have very few other options at that hour. 10/10

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere.
Nice food.
Good service.
I will certainly go back.
Well done considering we didn't arrive until 9.30pm.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Nice setup, drinks a bit slow, meals were tasty but a expensive, eg bruschetta x 2 small $8 a plate. Had a variety of dishes and they were all nice including desserts. Would try again :)

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Atmosphere, warm and friendly staff, great owners, delicious food at decent prices and a modest but thoughtful wine list....home from home....

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We went on a Saturday night so it was really busy,even so we were well looked after by patient staff as we dithered over the menu choices

This is obviously a restaurant themed to a Morrocan menu but the starters are Tapas
If you are a vegetarian there is an excellent choice and all our choices for the four us were really good and just the right size

A very good wine list is a bonus, careful of the cocktails though, the girls were knocked sideways they were so strong

Tip is to go after 2130 as it seemed to get quieter after that time, it's not obtrusive before hand but it's a happening place