“Perfectly satisfactory”
Review of Mantra Pandanas

Mantra Pandanas
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed at Mantra Pandanas for five nights in a one bedroom apartment. Upon booking I requested a room on a higher floor, and I did indeed receive one on level 19, which is the top floor of the hotel (residential apartments above that). Views were excellent. My stay was perfectly satisfactory. The only sour note was when I went to check out I was charged for an in-room movie (for $18.95!!), which I never ordered. The staff explained that I must have accidentially ordered the movie, but I certainly didn't realise I'd done so. Perhaps it will help others to keep this in mind and be careful with their remote control, especially if they have children. Another mild irritation was that the remote control for the TV in the living area would sometimes also turn on the TV in the bedroom, on the other side of the wall.

I'd also like to note that the name of the hotel is misspelt! The plant after which it is named is spelt Pandanus (with a -us at the end), but the hotel is spelt with a -as at the end. It was named like this well before Mantra was associated with the project, but as a biologist it irked me somewhat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank oriolus84
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear oriolus84,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we apprecaite your positive feedback. It was pleasing to hear that you enjoyed our sevices and facilities and I am sorry that the movie system incorrectly placed a charge to your room account. Thank you again for your comments and we do hope to welcome you back soon.
Dave

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Room was nice, clean and spacious. Staff were lovely, very nice and seemed to enjoy their jobs. Location was good, right near main street of Darwin, walking distance to everything. Manager was terrible, poor service and rude. Other than that good hotel and decent services.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anonymous839
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Anonymous839,
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed the room, location, service and our staff. I was however very concerned with your comments about the manager you spoke with and would greatly appreciate it if you would expand on this by contacting me directly so I can address these concerns.
Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope to welcome you back soon.
Dave.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at Mantra Pandanas and found it to be a great city hotel! Centrally located and easy walking distance to most city attractions. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment on the 18th floor and had an amazing view over the water. Room was large, with pleasant sized balcony, comfy bed, brilliant air-conditioning and the kitchen facilities were great! Breakfast in the new look restaurant was very tasty and there was a good selection of both hot and cold items. Staff were very friendly and always offered assistance which was great to see. Will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Myloh84
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Myloh84,
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and we're delighted that you enjoyed our location, views, facilities, breakfast and most of all our friendly service! We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Nice rooms, friendly staff with a great breakfast. It's not quite in the centre of town, but its not too far from all the activity. Rooms are ok, although some have very little view. I would stay here again, although its not always the cheapest rooms and often other hotels in Darwin with the same features are cheaper and better value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jabiru3828

Dear Jabiru3828,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your positive comments about our rooms, staff, breakfast and location. Please check out our current special deals for great value and we do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We attended a conference in Darwin and stayed at the Mantra Pandanus for 5 nights.
Excellent location and beautifully appointed hotel . We had a big room with a balcony facing the waterfront. The room was very clean with a comfortablle King size bed.
Breakfast had a wide variety of healthy options ,a bountiful selection of hearty fare like bacon ,,sausages, hash browns ,mushrooms and baked beans and you could have a choice of eggs,any way you wanted,the omelettes beings a meal by itself.
The staff from the reception ,the dining room, the in house dining, and the cleaning staff who made up our rooms have to be congratulated for the excellent service they provided.
We will certainly stay in the Mantra on our next visit to the Northern territory.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kamalas080

Dear Kamalas080,
Many thanks for writing your review and for providing such great feedback. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Very nicely appointed and extremely comfortable. Staff were very accommodating and no expense spared in the fitting out of this establishment. Worth the visit and the cost. Excellent stay and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mal B,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Had a wonderful time at the Mantra Pandanas, staff were friendly room was big and very clean and fresh. Breakfast was fresh food and a large selection in a tidy area - not the big restaurant feeling of "bulk food".. We also had a great view!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tamara W
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Tamara W,
Thanks so much for staying with us and for providing such a great review. We're delighted that you enjoyed everything and we hope to see you again soon.