“Wow factor”

Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Darwin
Sydney, Australia
“Wow factor”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Having stayed at numerous hotels in Australia we loved this hotel. The rooms are stylish, modern and comfortable with everything we needed including washer and dryer, fantastic shower, King sized comfortable bed and pillows, great views, swift lifts and ample parking.

On phone enquiry at 10am we were advised that we could check in early as our room was ready. The lovely young lady on reception Friday 30th May (morning) was exceptional with her customer service, helpfulness and knowledge.

We can only fault the business centre. Please update and have printing facilities and computer programs to support guests such as Adobe.

The pool is a little small as well.

Thank you for a great stay!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi tania808,
Many thanks for such a great review and we're delighted that we gave you the wow factor! I have shared your feedback with the team and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Dave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I won a government role in Darwin. I was accommodated here fro the end of March to mid May.
The staff at the hotel were really helpful during my time there. I had to deal with a number of extensions ( staying longer because my furniture had not arrived). They assisted wit a range of things including getting the hot water service fixed when it broke.
I had the great views of the northwest of Darwin and could watch the sun sets at night.
The hotel is almost in the centre of Darwin and close to everything by a short walk.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Craig S
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Hello CraigSandy09,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It was a pleasure for us to look after you during your time here and we're delighted that you enjoyed the experience.
perth
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great location .. Big rooms and great value
Clean .. Has a kitchenette. Central to e erythi g. Service good
Had late checkout ..would stay. Only thing need new pillows
Parking is usually included in room rate

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beachelandra
Hi beachelandra,
Many thanks for the five star rating and please do stay with us again next time you visit the top end.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel and I must say I would highly recommend It for short term or long stay travellers.

The great things include:

1. Choice of room
2. I upgraded to a 19th floor unit with a great balcony, well equipped kitchen, large room, separate bedroom, huge bathroom with washing machine/dryer and uninterrupted views of the ocean - magnificent.
3. Friendly and helpful staff, arrived from the local markets on the beach at 11pm and the hotel bar was closed but the on site manager said no problem and served us drinks in the lobby.
4. As stones throw into the city and all local attractions.
5. Business facilities, I conducted business over the phone for half the day in the cafe with free wifi.
6. Room service, good dinning, mad excellent gym.

This is definitely the best hotel in Darwin that I have stayed in and one I will keep coming back to. I love hotels with helpfuL staff it just makes the trip all the better.

I would recommend you ask for a room with sea views, and my room on the 19th floor was perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with sea views, if you are staying longer ask for a small apartment.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Blondenomad94,
Thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us and it's great to hear that you enjoyed our location and facilities which we agree are suitable for both short and long stay guests. We're pleased that you enjoyed our friendly and helpful service and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Sydney
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at the Mantra Pandanas for one night in April for business. The hotel is apartment style; each apartment has a self contained kitchen. Mantra P is very centrally located. My apartment has a glimpse view of the harbour. My room is very spacious, with a fully equipped kitchen and a large balcony. The hotel staff are very friendly and efficient. I tried the breakfast the next morning. It had a nice spread of items, such as eggs, sausages, pastries etc. Overall, I was very satisfied with the hotel and am happy to recommend it to my friends

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BirdPinoTrollFin
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear BirdPino
Thank you for choosing to stay at Mantra Pandanas and for taking time out to write such a great review. We're delighted that you enjoyed the experience and are happy to recommend us to your friends. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon on your next visit!
Laverton, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

View was awesome. Room was quite nice. In the heart of darwin so close to shops and restaurants it is a lovely place to stay. Bathroom
was nice with a big shower. Bed was comfy. Downside was that our car couldn't fit in the underground parking and we had to park down the street.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Chelsea A
Dear Chelsea H,
Many thanks for your review and for choosing to stay with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the nice bathroom, big shower and comfy bed and we hope that you will visit us again soon!
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I scored this hotel on a wotif last minute deal, so i had no idea what i was booking. I was not disappointed. I loved it so much i saw an offer with a similar price a week later, booked another night, and was happy that it ended up as the same hotel!!

The bedding is super comfortable. I slept like a baby.

The pool is only little, but its situated looking out the city on the 6th floor, and when i was there it was quiet so i really liked it.

The room service menu is simple, but i ordered twice off it and the food was very nice, it came to the room quickly, and it wasn't too expensive.

Towels were comfy, bath/shower in my room was clean, and a good size.

Only a short walk to the mall/centre of town, and a little bit further away from Mitchell St so was a very quiet hotel

I cant wait to stay there again.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Dane P
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hi Dale P,
Many thanks for writing such a great review and we agree that the website deals are terrific value! We're delighted that you enjoyed both stays as much as each other and we hope to welcome you back soon.