“Very good Accomodation and Service”
Review of Mantra Pandanas

Mantra Pandanas
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Darwin
Bungendore, Australia
“Very good Accomodation and Service”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The wife and I stayed n this hotel for 5 nights during our visit to Darwin. We were very satisfied with services provided. Nice quality of linen and toiletries I loved their soap which had a nice citrus smell, right amount of towels which were a good size. We had a studio apartment on the 8th floor, the view wasn't very good but we weren't there for the view. The apartment had a kitchenette, TV in the lounge ad bedroom, stereo, all necesarry cooking utensils table and chairs, desk and plenty of powerpoints. The couch was a little hard as it was a sofa bed but we didn't spend a lot of time sitting in our room. The hotel organised two day trips for us via email and we had no problems. All in all a nice stay.

Room Tip: If you want a better view ask for a room higher up.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Hello Rob6542 and many thanks for your kind comments about your stay with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your experience and we do hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards Dave.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed n this hotel with my husband during our visit to Darwin. Weve very satisfied with services provided. Nice quality of linen and toiletries, right amount of towels. Especially liked free car park for guests of the hotel. Were surprised with stunning view from the balcony. Loved the pool with panoramic view and jacuzzi. Definitely would stay in this hotel in future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hi NativeKul, thanks for posting your review and it's great to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities along with the stunning views from your balcony. We really appreciate that you chose to stay with us and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Darwin. Kind regards Dave.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Spent three nights here during a conference and had a comfortable stay. Bed was great; housekeeping good; mini-bar well stocked if required; spacious room with a lounge and small verandah, which I appreciated as I like to have some fresh air; outdoor pool was sparkling clean. Good location. The reception staff were courteous and helpful with transport advice etc, even phoning the bus company to check timetables. Restaurant staff were friendly - one evening I arrived back just at the 9pm cut-off for room service, but the chef kindly stayed back to make me some soup! The atmosphere was generally relaxed but professional. My only disappointment was the shower - it ran out when I was washing my hair and I had to finish in cold water - which was so frustrating! At this price you expect to have a decent shower - I was alone but if a second person was with me there would have been no hot water for them either. Despite that I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would like to have been on a higher floor for better views
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hi marym5505 and thanks for choosing to stay with us during your conference. We're delighted that you had a comfortable experience and found our staff friendly and couteous and we are sorry that your shower hot water ran out. Thank you for stating that you would stay again and we hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards Dave.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed on the 17th floor in a one bedroom apartment at the Mantra Pandanas from Sunday 10th August for 3 nights. On arrival the staff were efficient and friendly. Our apartment was clean and ready at 1.00pm for our arrival. The airconditioner was on when we arrived. All the facilities were in good working order and well presented. We had breakfast each morning in the restaurant which consisted of a buffet style including choice of cereals, usual breakfast fare: eggs, bacon, toast, coffee/tea making etc. All very good. We had dinner in the restaurant on two nights and each time food was served in good time and was well presented and tasty. The staff in all areas were friendly and professional. The beds were extremely comfortable, the view was good and the service was efficient. The room was serviced on each day of our stay. We had air cons in lounge and bedroom and overhead fans. Both were quiet. The Mantra is located about a 5-10 minute walk to the main bus terminal and city shops. Darwin is an easy city to walk around and their public bus service is excellent. We enjoyed Darwin and our stay at the Mantra and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We were on the 17th floor and had a view of the water and other high rise in the distance. We asked...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello MW and many thanks for taking time out to review your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the experience and in particular our friendly and efficient staff. Thanks for recommending us and we do hope to see you again soon. Kind regards Dave.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Professional friendly staff started a great experience. The room was a great size for our twin share purposes. Wonderful decor and great restaurant.
The pool was a great way to spend the late checkout before going back to Melbourne.
Recomend to anyone wanting a great place to stay in Darwin.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hi Shelby P, thanks for choosing to stay with us and we're delighted that you enjoyed the experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the top end. Kind regards Dave.
Caloundra
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Generally happy with the room and the hotel facility overall. The view from the 17th floor was very good and access to the city was great.

Couple of minor criticisms - for management to deal with. The breakfast supplied with the room booking was limited but sufficient, however the coffee from the breakfast bar was cold! How could this be? It is coffee!! When I inquired with the waitress about the temperature, her response was "Well, it is not meant to be boiling". I nearly came back with "Well, it it not meant to be cold either" but held my tongue! When I went to top up with more "cold" coffee, it had run out. The waitress did bring out fresh "hot" coffee a few minutes later.

Next day same deal, firstly no coffee at all (had to wait), then when it was brought out, it was cold (well warm!). I am dumbfounded as to how this could happen two days in a row with a hotel this size.

Minor criticism I know, but at $300 plus per night, I would have thought the thermostat would be set right and someone would be tending to the level in the coffee pot!!

Oh, and small patches of mould in the bathroom, - how disappointing.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Trevor N, thank you for posting and we really appreciate your feedback. Great to hear that you were generally happy and had a pleasant experience. I was concerned to read your comments about the buffet coffee temperature and I have checked this out this morning. It was certainly very hot however I have shared your comments with my Restaurant Manager to ensure that all of the team are aware of the controls and correct operational procedures. I have also shared your comments about the bathroom with my Executive Housekeeper for action. Thanks again for taking the time to review your stay and we do hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards Dave.
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had a four night stay here - room was a good size, well presented and very comfortable. Staff always personable - restaurant was good for breakfast and dinner - away sandwiches, coffee etc as well. Car parking reasonable cost. Great mini bar if you want it. Close to CBD, wharf area, Parliament House, Library, Contemporary Art museum, Red Bus tours and eating out.

1 Thank Peja624
Dave Pearson I, General Manager at Mantra Pandanas, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hi Peja624, many thanks for staying with us and it was a great pleasure to read your review; your positive feedback is much appreciated by myself and the team. We're delighted that you enjoyed the experience and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Kind regards Dave.