“Dangerous rafting on Tully river”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Tully River

Tully River Full-Day White Water Rafting from Cairns including BBQ Lunch
Ranked #715 of 1,936 things to do in Queensland
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Dangerous rafting on Tully river”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We went rafting with raging thunder on the Tully river last march. We paid 185 dollar to go with the australian riverguide Marty. This guy liked to play with his customers. We were with 6 people in one raft. He told us he did not like boring rides on the river. Just before a rapid he told all six of us to sit on the front of the raft and toldmus to hold hands. We went down the rapid and he threw us out of the raft. My girlfriend landed underw water underneath the raft and could not reach the surface and paniced completely. I got caught in a water centrifuge underneath the rapid, allthough i had a life vest i could not reach the surface of the water. I started to get water in my lungs and thought I was going to die. We all were completly shocked by wath happened. River guide Marty said we were all softies and really did not care anything about people being scared for his way off playing with peoples lifes. I will never ever go back to a company threating his custumers like this.

Franck & Marije

Visited March 2013
25 Thank FranckH949

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Swindon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best thing i have ever done!!”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

we did the Tully river whitewater rafting a little while ago, and i had the best time i have never done anything like this before and our guide Rod made everything fun and safe at the same time. You get a BBQ luch half way through the day and as you are in the "BUSH" what you egt is very yummy, just watch out for the gaint ants!! as for the biting flys just dont go in the season they are rife. you get your own life jacket, helmet and croc style shoes so if you lose them they will float. Be prepared to come out of the boat. the views are splended and an exprerance you will not forget in a hurry!! plus you may feel the effects for the nest few days of having a 5 hour workout but all worth it!

Visited September 2012
St Catharines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Extreme white water rafting on the Tully River”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

November 19, 2012: What an experience for 3 seniors (60+) and 2 'kids' in their forties. Five hours (including lunch) of white water rafting, swimming the rapids and more. Can't say enough about Dave our guide who pulled each senior back into the raft at different times as we all went accidentally overboard. His skill and expertise made the day! In the other raft were our 17 year old grandson, his 18 year old buddy and 4 more young men in their 20's. They also had an amazing time. If I'd known what I was getting into, I probably wouldn't have signed up, but I was sure glad that I did! For them, a great time; for me, an extreme adventure!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Bonnie M
Adelaide, Australia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Could have been great”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We did the Tully River rafting tour quite a while ago. I wish to warn people that you will have a great time IF nothing goes wrong. Our guide was a young hoon. He had us all remove our helmets before going under the waterfall and the force of the water on your head is not pleasant. Another negative: I almost drowned as I was caught under the raft as it capsized over one of the rapids. Our guide just sat in the raft. One of the fellow rafters pulled me back into the raft gasping for air, and the guide just stated "You were under there a long time". When he was asked if anyone had died, he simply stated "Yes". On the way to the rapids, we were all asked to sign a waiver of responsibility form. On the way back after the rafting, we were shown a video of all the things that have gone wrong. I was horrified. We were told that they do not show this BEFORE the rafting, otherwise no one would do it. I was pretty angry at this stage. I had a close to death experience on this tour. I accept that there is a risk in everything in life, but I do think it is irresponsible not to let people know that this CAN be dangerous.

Visited November 2011
13 Thank penml
Edmonton, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Ton of fun”
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

We did the Extreme river raft. We had a fantastic day. The guides were great and overall it was a good experience. The lunch was not very good and is the one thing they need to improve.

2 Thank ManitobaMike