“Definitely not 4.5 star hotel. More like 3 star.”

Evolution Apartments
Ranked #20 of 136 Speciality Lodging in Brisbane
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Got a good deal as a 'Mystery Hotel' via wotif.com so I payed $240 for two nights.
After seeing the place I understand why is was so cheap. Service was basic (and a little rude when asking for payment for parking when I was under the impression it was included)
The whole apartment was un-clean. I even opted to wear flipflops in the shower due to the excess amount of grime. All furniture was very dated (think early 90's leather couch)
And noise from the motorway made it impossible to sleep in past 6am
The only good things were view at night overlooking
the river and the position.
If I had payed full price I would NOT have been happy. However as I didn't pay too much I didn't mind.
I will not stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Daniatkin
evolution_gm, General Manager at Evolution Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Daniatkin,

I am pleased that you enjoyed the central location and the fantastic views over the Brisbane River and CBD from your Apartment

It is disappointing to read your comments regarding the cleanliness and standard of the Apartment. Evolution Apartments is a 4.5 Star Rated Serviced Apartment Property. All of our Apartments are individually owned and styled, but must adhere to the 4.5 Star Standards. Evolution is only a 6 year old property and thus we don’t have any "90’s furniture" as per your comments.

The “Mystery Hotel” is an amazing deal which also clearly states that there is an additional cost for parking. As you can understand parking in the CBD of Brisbane is limited and that is way a small cost of incurred to utilize the secure lock up car park. I apologize if the staff member came across as rude when advising you that there was a cost involved. The staff member did advise accordingly that it does state on the website & confirmation that there is a cost which was obviously overlooked by you.

Evolution Apartments is located with 5 min walk to the Brisbane CBD, and due to our prime location unfortunately you do get a variety of noise from the surrounding roads and buildings. Evolution was built to highest level on construction allowing for soundproofing throughout the building to minimize any external noise.

At Evolution Apartments we operate a 24 hour 7 day a week reception and are always happy to come up to an Apartment and rectify any issues that may arise through a stay, unfortunately if we are not advised of any issues, we are not able to rectify them.

Please accept my apologies for the room that you occupied not meeting your expectations. We continually strive to provide and exceptional standard of accommodation and on this occasion we seem to have missed the desired target.

All of you comments have been discussed with the management group as well as being passed onto the relevant owner of the apartment that you occupied.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I wish you all the best for your future travels.

Kind Regards
Craig Whye

There are newer reviews for Evolution Apartments

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Evolution apartments are great. I recently stayed with my wife and 3 kids for 5 nights over new years eve...I wanted an excellent view of South bank and the fireworks and that was exactly what I got. First impressions are alot & when I first walked in I was very happy with what I got. We booked way in advance & weren't let down. Here are some quick pluses & minuses....
Plus
-Great location (close to city / awesome views)
-Friendly staff
-Great apartments (we had a 2 bedroom)
-Room service (fresh towels /empty bins)

Minus
-Could have been a little cheaper
-Some foreign people constantly in elevators & lobby ( I think Evolution may be putting up refugees or something because they couldn't speak English and seemed very lost)
I did have to speak to my kids about stranger danger as I did not know what kind of background/unfortunate circumstances these guys were from. My kids would head downstairs to use the pool. Just being a parent and taking care of my own.
-having to pay for a parking spot at the complex when I was already paying good money for accommodation.

That's about it. I would definitely stay there again... Cheers

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2014

very good location, great views, a bit noisy due to the adjacent motorway (noise probably depending a bit on the unit your stay). It's not brand new but generally in good shape and a good place to stay. Very professional, easy going and friendly management.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Very modern apartment in fantastic location. Walking distance to Southbank and city shopping.
Beautiful views and surprisingly quiet for being located next to a freeway.
Will definitely stay here again, the only thing is they need to put block out blinds in bedroom as morning sun wakes you at 6am.
Overall we highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TequilaRon777
Reviewed 13 January 2014

- The location is great, right in the heart of the city, very convenient. The view was stunning.
- A little noisy the first night, but if you close the window, it was not too bad.
- Pool facility was great
- The apartment is fully facilitated, including all kitchen ware and cooking tools.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2014

If you need a good location, and a quiet apartment for your holiday, Evolution Apartments is the place to stay.
The environment is clean, and the rooms a good size. We were in an apartment overlooking the river, providing a fantastic view. It also is a short walk to the main shopping area of the city, and to Suncorp Stadium.
Lift security was good as it ensured there were not random people wandering around, and we felt very safe.
There was a missed communication in relation to the sofabed, and the manager was very understanding, and really all the staff I talked too, as well as him are an amazing example of fantastic customer service.
If you catch the shuttle from the airport, be aware there is a short walk as there is no parking outside the Apartments, but that really was not an issue.
Thankyou for a great stay, and I definitely would return!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Modern apartment, well designed, well appointed, well equipped and centrally located. Pity for the view as our apartment was overlooking the pedestrian bridge which blocked the view of the river). The apartment comes with access to a communal room on the 36th floor, fully equipped with cooking facilities and a balcony with stunning views of the river. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple