“Great Weekend”

Evolution Apartments
Ranked #22 of 143 Speciality Lodging in Brisbane
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed at Evolution last weekend. We shared a two bedroom apartment with friends and had a great time. The apartments are clean and very comfortable, well-supplied with all requirements such as cutlery and glasses. Staff are friendly and helpful. On the weekend we stayed we sat on our balcony with a glass of wine watched a show across the river at Southbank that ended with fireworks - pretty special.There is an excellent gym and good pool and a communal lounge up on level 36. I would definitely recommend Evolution as a great place to stay when in Brisbane. Location, staff and services here are excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I travel to Brisbane often and had a recent three-day stay here. I cannot fault the place - clean, roomy apartment, useful balcony with nice views including a glimpse of the river (I was on 10th floor), friendly and helpful staff, very central location. Being able to stretch the legs on the adjacent Kurilpa footbridge across the river to Southbank a very nice bonus.
Didn't see the gym but the pool looked good too.
This was my first visit but hope to return. Not sure what rack rate is but the internet rate I got was great value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in a lower floor studio apartments. Agree with many of the positive comments about the rooms. I found the studio to be in good condition and the bonus was that the room lighting was bright.

There were 4 ceiling light fixtures with bright fluorescent white tubes and 4 separate light switches so you could turn them on separately. I prefer a brightly lit room and dimly lit hotel room with yellow bulbs just puts me off.

If you read through the reviews, there has been some concern that the lower floors experience noise. I am sensitive to noise and I'm glad to say that noise wasn't an issue as the surroundings are really quiet past 12 midnight and traffic noise wasn't an issue after midnight. At other times of the day, there was some traffic noise but the double glazing did reduce it.

Facilities wise, you have a nice fridge, combination microwave/oven/grill, dryer, washing machine, hairdryer, etc etc

The location is splendid, a short walk to the Queen Street shopping area and an equally short and pleasant walk to the museum/galleries along the South Bank.

Finally, there's a small gym and a small pool which were in good condition.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms are on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here on the 22nd Feb weekend. It's pretty spacious for 1 bedroom apartment. Have got everything you need. The view is particularly great!

5 things that annoyed us a bit,
1. tables and chairs and curtain look really old and has got scratches here and there.
2. the air conditioning.... seriously I thought there was a plane fly SOOO close to our room! It stops and starts again really loud. We looked at each other and went speechless.
3. the sliding door for the bathroom will open itself even if you tried to close it many times. I think how the air flows in the apartment itself. Slightly annoying... coz you don't want to share when you are on the toilet...
4. shower.... makes flood in the bathroom... this is really annoying... it makes the bathroom SOO wet...
5. parking you need to pay for $25, but we were assigned next to the wall... it's SOOO hard to park and get out... glad we had a small car
BUT... we would stay again if we need to...

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed in an Evolution 1 bedroom studio apartment overnight last Thursday night, as an out of town traveller who had an early flight the next morning. I opted for the cheaper price (compared to other local options) and the fact it was situated just minutes walk away from the transit centre and Roma street train station.

I must say, this hotel went well beyond and above my expectations! Check-in was quick and easy, and reception staff were friendly and polite, they made me feel very welcome from the moment I arrived.

I was pleasantly surprised on how modern, clean and spacey my apartment was... from the moment I walked in, my jaw dropped to the floor. Gorgeous furniture and paintings/decorations. The bed was very comfortable to sleep in, the shower was relaxing, and I felt very relaxed and cosy in this room.

I did not have a great view of the river from the balcony, instead it was a lovely view of the city. But once I discovered the breathtaking views from the Skydeck on the 36th floor... I realised I had the best of both worlds! One of the most amazing views I have ever seen.

I just loved staying here. It's a shame it was only for a few hours (6pm-7am) but it was totally worth it.

Would most definitely recommend to others. Thanks Evolution for such a lovely and easy stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank RedTrinity
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We booked a two bedroom apartment and a studio apartment, requesting a high floor and if possible the two apartments close together, evolution immediately got back to us to stay they would try to place the two bedroom apartment on a high floor but the studio apartments were all on the lower levels, so the apartments could not be close together. I emailed back saying this was not a problem, if they could place the two bed apartment on a higher floor that would be great.

We arrived at 4am, 24hr friendly receptionists! Our two bedroom apartment was on the 26 floor and it was great! Two lovely comfortable double bedrooms, stunning river views, the apartment was very well equipped, cleaned daily, free wifi and laundry facilities, god sends for travellers. The studio apartment was well equipped, clean and comfy, but the studios seemed to all be off the car park levels on the lower floors, for a couple who don't mind a bit of traffic noise the studios are fine, but if you are on your own, and require a quiet setting be aware you have to walk threw the multi-storey car park to gain access to your apartment and you can hear the motorway from the studios, try a one bedroom apartment on a higher floor if you require a quieter setting.

The location of Evolution is brilliant, over the footbridge and you are ten minute stroll to south bank, museums, gallery's, restaurants and the wheel! Or a two minute stroll to Roma street station to jump on a tour to Australia Zoo or The Gold Coast! Or a two minute stroll to restaurants, snack bars, coffee shops and gardens.

We loved our four night stay at Evolution and would recommend it to everyone!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Evolution. Lovely modern, clean and well furnished apartments with spectacular river views especially at night. But, for me,the best thing for me as a runner is its location - right on the best running route around Brisbane river - Southbank to Botanical gardens and beyond. As a single woman runner, this is a lovely and very safe route. Whether I ran early mornings or late afternoons the place was full of others exercising. As for the apartments, it was fantastic to be able to wash and dry my running gear each night and not have it stinking up my room and bag.
I have stayed in a one and two bedroomed apartment - never tried out the studio and would be a bit concerned as they seem to be on the car park level and I know I would feel a bit uneasy as as single woman down at that level. But highly recommend these apartments.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business