“Great service comfy beds”

Limes Hotel Brisbane
Ranked #85 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Melbourne
“Great service comfy beds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a few times. As always consistently good service, comfortable beds and funky decor. The hotel is a short walking distance from the fortitude valley nightlife. The service is very professional and friendly helpful staff really make this place.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank James R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We stood one night during a weekday and there was not so much noise than we thought after having read the reviews. Actually it was quite calm and sleeping was fine. The rooms are very simple and nice, allthough maybe a bit too simple for a design hotel. Lobby and rooftop were great and the staff was very friendly and helpfull, even beyond all expectations. They have a bar and restaurant next door where they serve great food in an outstanding location, simple, but this time full of charme and historical flair. Definitly the Limes is a place to stay if you're looking for a hip place and don't care about being a bit out of city center. Thanks to this hotel, the whole area might slowly become a trendy location.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maxis78
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend as a couple for a night out on the town.
We were a little worried about the reviews with the noise but we heard nothing at all. Very lovely little boutique hotel, well decorated and the staff were extra friendly. We would definitely stay here again. Thanks

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I and some friends stayed in this hotel only for a couple of nights, we were greeted by friendly staff but were most impressed how lovely the rooms are, so nicely decorated, the little chocolates and amenities, just lovely!..the roof bar, jacuzzy is wonderful, the area around the hotel is not so great but is very central, I think I can easily stay here again.
There was a philipino lady who was at the check out, she was so friendly and sweet.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chriss999uk
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Let me say straight up, I was advised at time of booking that the hotel had a bar on the room top and that I would hear some noise through the night so I was prepared for the worst. In saying this, I was on level 2 and although I could hear the muffled sound of laughter and the bass beat of music it did not affect my sleep in the very luxurious bed with it’s crisp sheets and abundance of pillows.

The room was small, but impeccably clean. Everything in the room looked like it had been carefully thought out. I loved the blue ceramic kettle, the Nespresso machine, the chocolate brownies and the general hip and funky feel.

The staff was certainly the best I have ever encountered and I have visited many hotels in and outside of Australia. Diana on reception was extremely professional whilst being warm incredibly helpful and courteous. The boys manning the lift of a night were equally friendly and even when I arrived back at midnight I was greeted with a smile and asked how my day was.

I loved waking up in the morning and slipping 2 doors down to ‘Alfred and Constance' for a coffee. It was incredible to see this establishment’s metamorphosis from a 700 odd people packed bar/club, to a morning coffee hub for businessmen and a large mix of people from all walks of life. It is so worth seeing this place in the day purely for the attention to detail paid to it’s truly incredible fit out.

Back to Limes! I spent 3 nights at this Hotel and I have to say I loved it!

Would I return? Absolutely! I would stay here again as the bed was comfy the staff made me feel like an old friend and the location was great. It is definitely somewhere you want to check out!

My sincere thanks to all the staff for making my Brisbane escape so memorable and so special.

Ps. The Lychee Cocktail on the rooftop is a definite must! :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Yanuza
Sunshine Coast, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

My fiancé booked this room in what appeared to be a lovely little boutique hotel, as we were going to watch a concert close by. We were arriving separately, and upon check in we're told there was a $15 per car charge for parking and I could see the hotel is located next to a very busy pub.

Getting into the elevator I saw there was a 21 st birthday on the rooftop bar.

When we arrived home from the concert and attempted to sleep, we were greeted by thumping music from the bar two floors away, the bar next door and every single attendee from the 21st birthday that was drunk, slamming doors and being loud and rude. No one seems to monitor noise on the floors.

I have stayed in many hotels around the world and this is by far the noisiest and most disappointing stay we have ever had. We both have long drives tomorrow and we are not looking forward to it.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Casestribs
Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked this hotel as it was listed as part of the Design Hotels listing and was well located to where we wanted to be in Brisbane. Actually in hindsight this location was sort of tucked away and not close to much. The hotel itself was quite small & compact with a bar and function area on the 5 or 6th floor. Parking was available at a charge in a nearby specialized parking complex. Parking out front was always a challenge and quite inconvenient when checking in & out. The rooms were modern but quite small for someone to stay in for a few days. More suited for short term business stay-over. Breakfast was available at a nearby cafe, also owned (I think) by the same company. The breakfast was not great. The biggest issue we had was the partying noise and music from the roof top bar area. It was packed each night (just before Xmas Day) we stayed and basically raged until well after midnight. We were on the 1st Floor and could well & truly hear the music and crowd noise. Maybe we simply picked the wrong time of the year to stay at the Limes Hotel in terms of roof top parties!!! The staff were by far the best part of our stay and were very friendly, helpful and great to deal with.

Room Tip: As far away as possible from the top floor bar area.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple