“Beautiful views. Nice Apartment.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Oaks Aurora

Oaks Aurora
Ranked #78 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
“Beautiful views. Nice Apartment.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed in a 2 bedroom unit which was spacious and very clean. The furnishings were a little basic bur confortable. The gent at the front provided rather poor service and I fell he let the rest of the team down. I had problems with the phone line and he wasn't very happy about going to the room to fix same which was a shame as this left me a little dissapoited overall. The room had amazing views over the Story Bridge and a night this is an iconic BNE city sight. The apartments are very central in the CDB however quite a distance from a train station.

Room Tip: Request a room with Story Bridge views
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora. I'm pleased to hear you were comfortable in your apartment. The views are nothing short of amazing yes. Your comments regarding the gent at the front desk are concerning and I will undertake to address this shortcoming because ordinarily we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service. Thank you again for your feedback. This is most appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

4 friends stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for 3 nights in May. Apartment was beautifully appointed with every modcon we could think of, including an array of lounges. Bedrooms were a decent size, both looking onto the HUGE deck and beautiful views. As we were on the 46th floor, the view was awe inducing. We all spent hours just watching it. Absolutely beautiful as we were higher than all the surrounding buildings. Kitchen had all untensils and all appliances were of decent size. Staff were quick to come when all our lights switched off and the problem was solved instantly.

Hotel is right on eagle street pier surrounded by high quality riverside cafes, bars and restaurants. The walk to Queen street is flat and takes only a few minutes.

We are Brisbane locals and often stay in the city for events or special occasions. This hotel is by far my favourite! Price is fantastic and the feel is just perfect. Staff are not too involved but know enough to ensure that you feel secure. I do not like overly touristy hotels with staff who are in your face, so I actively seek out larger often business focused hotels in suitable areas, so do take that into account. This was perfect! And could easily be perfect for out of town tourists. Would reccomend purely for the view and location, though everything else was of high quality. No negatives!

Room Tip: 2 bedrooms are much larger and not that much more expensive. They tend to be on the higher floors wi...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel befitting your needs. The views from high up the building are fantastic and we are strategically positioned close to Brisbane CBD like you say. These are just two of many features that make Oaks Aurora an iconic building. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

While the staff is lovely, they change their minds on what they tell you. Be very clear what you want in this hotel/service apartment. -- and what they will charge you, for they changed their minds - mid stay for us. When we checked in, the apartment was terrible. The only seating was a very low couch, no lounge chairs. In addition, the chairs to the table were peeling and came off on our clothing. After four days, we were allowed to move ourselves to another apartment. It is lovely and we have had no complaints. It had two bathrooms one containing the laundry but a handicapped inaccessible tub. The other bathroom had a shower. We were told both would be available to us no problem, no extra cost. After five weeks, I asked that the shower be scrubbed as mold was beginning to grow. I then received a call from front management that I would be charged for both bathrooms, though I was assured when I moved in, there was not an extra charge. Apparently they don't like comments on their cleanliness at the apartments.

it still remains a nice place with a nice location but be very clear what responsibilities are in relationship to the room arrangements. I check every week to make sure I am not being charged for the second bedroom that is in the apartment since we are here for an extended stay- seven weeks can be a big surprise if you do not know the charges.

Room Tip: Make sure an ask for a refurbished room. View is lovely facing the river but street noise precludes...
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your current stay at Oaks Aurora. I'm pleased to hear you're comfortable in your apartment. This is important taking into account your lengthy stay. If I could please just clarify the conversation around the bathroom because I am concerned you have misinterpreted our comments. The reason for contacting you was to advise that our executive housekeeper reported that you were actually availing yourself to both bathrooms albeit we initially asked that you use one only in exchange for utilising the second bedroom. Please rest assured we've not changed our minds at any stage. I believe the matter has been resolved now so thank you for your understanding. Furthermore, I would like to confirm that you are only paying for a one bedroom apartment which is what you booked so at no stage will we be charging you for a two bedroom apartment. Enjoy the remainder of you stay and please don't hesitate to contact our friendly reception staff if you have any questions, comments or otherwise.
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We love our service apt. View is amazing. Location is very convenient to multiple locations. Close to river and right in CBD. Best assets it is both safe and quiet. Our unit has been refurbished. Lovely and the bed is very comfortable. Staff is helpful and kind to a crazy American that can not figure out how to make things work in Aussie land

• Stayed August 2013
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay at Oaks Aurora Tower. We're pleased you hear you enjoyed your stay and the apartment you were accommodated in was comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Aurora Tower in the not too distant future.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

This was my first stay at one of the Oaks properties, and overall found the experience a nice change from your typical business hotel, and slightly more stylish than the Adina chain.

Upon arrival you need to buzz the security to let you in, unless you have a swipe pass, and this is where you start get the feeling that the hotel is situated in a residential apartment complex rather than an actual hotel.
Reception was helpful and service very friendly and were happy to store my bags until I got back from work.
Arriving on the 18th floor to go to my room, the corridor was filled with the smell of people cooking dinner,
The room was itself a two bedroom apartment, (the second room locked as I only booked a one bedroom), decor was modern, Foxtel available with limited channels, room had kitchen, washing machine/dryer, dvd player, huge balcony overlooking the river with stunning views. Information in the room is sparse, and your hotel guide is a printout with your room number given when you check in!
Not a bad choice of hotel, but I left with the feeling that I was in someones holiday rental apartment or had moved to my new pad in Brisbane's CBD.

OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. You're correct in saying that people do reside in the building. Being one of Brisbane largest and tallest buildings we're fortunate enough to play host to a number of residents and tenants and of course hotel guests. It makes for a nice living and working environment. Once again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Aurora in the not too distant future.
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

When pre-booking this accommodation for a two night stay in Brisbane, I requested a high one bedroom apartment with a balcony view of the Brisbane River and Storey Bridge which was exactly what we were given. We found the hotel to be very well positioned, just a short walk to all facilities for dining, Ferry Cats and in close proximity Central train station and the CBD Mall. Our apartment was very roomy with amply amenities and a great balcony. Reception and surroundings were very pleasant with ample lifts to the tower, well servicing the many apartments. If you are happy with apartment style accommodation, I would recommend the Oaks Aurora in Brisbane as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a high apartment with a balcony view of the Brisbane River and Storey Bridge. These catch th...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback in rekation to your recent stay at Oaks Aurora. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable for the duration. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Aurora in the not too distant future.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I, along with another person stayed at this property for a week. From the initial check-in, the front desk worker took me up to the room because he "didn't know if it was ready". When we walked in there was a framed picture on the sofa and vertical blinds covering on 80% of the windows in both the living and bedroom areas. I was too exhausted after my flight to complain but then noticed additional concerns such as the cable not working, 3 main light bulbs in the ceiling burnt out, no phone or alarm clock in the room and no trash pick up/ room cleaning for 2 straight days. I went to the front desk to complain to be given an "upgrade" on a higher floor. I found a lot of variation in the way the room was cleaned. For example, some days the bed would be made with pillows put back, some days they were left on the floor. When the bed linens were changed, they were replaced with stained ones. Once again I complained and had a housekeeping "freshen up" to change the bed. My counterpart also had the same issue with cleanliness with examples being it looked like the shower had not been cleaned in months (mildew on tiles, soap scum residue on the floors- bring bleach with you) and massive dirty cobwebs on the air vents in both of our rooms. He also had customer service issues when asking the front desk for more laundry detergent to which he was given more but told " you know you don't need to use the whole packet for a load." Oh, and I forgot to mention the smell of rotten garbage that filled the hallway near the elevator for part of the stay. If you are here for a short time, do not stay here. For my next visit, I'm booking the Sofitel because it is CLEAN. The only reason

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay at Oaks Aurora. It is dissapointing to learn that your stay was not entirely satisfactory. I have taken your comments with respect to housekeeping on board and will convey these to our executive housekeeper. Ordinarily the standard of housekeeping is very consistent in terms of daily undertakings. Your comments with respect to the condition of the shower and vents too are alarming so I will ensure that we try and locate the offending apartment. Once again, thank you for your feedback. This is invaluable to say the very least.

Travellers are raving about these Brisbane hotels