“Awesome! Great apartments, fabulous views”
Review of Oaks Aurora

Oaks Aurora
Ranked #76 of 167 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Fantastic apartments that have recently been refurbished and are very well appointed, not for the faint hearted though as there are 69 floors and even those we stayed in on the 42nd and 44th floors had balconies!! I suffer from a fear of heights but sill used the balcony (very very brave of me.....).

It's also very well located for the river and riverside restaurants, for the shopping area, close to public transport. It's hard to find a fault so I haven't tried to.

Staff were also really helpful except when giving directions which we found to be very "Australian" namely, saying that it's just down the road a bit, not far really, is the limit of the directions, but it just made finding our way round Brisbane a bit more interesting.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Damon_H608
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank your for your comments on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora Tower. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the location of the building convenient. I apologise for the 'Australian' directions you were given. I will be sure to advise the staff to be more considerate of international guests in the future. You're probably right in saying we might assume that most things are 'just down the road'. I hope you didn't find it too difficult finding your way around Brisbane. Thank you again for your feedback. This is most appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Aurora Tower in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Oaks Aurora

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Staying here on a business trip, was a little hesitant after seeing some negative reviews here. However, have found staff very accommodating, friendly and professional. My only negative point is the bed size. I have a 'king' bed however my queen bed at home is much bigger. I believe this isn't a king bed at all. However no other complaints. Apartment is tidy, view is amazing and kitchen is perfect. 5 out of 5.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lauren B
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found your accommodation comfortable. In response to the bed size you referred to, the majority of our apartments do have king size beds however there are some queen beds in selected smaller bedrooms. When booking next please feel free to submit a special request for a king bed. Thank you once again for your feedback. This is most appreciated.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at Oaks Aurora and it will be my last!

I arrived late to a dirty apartment. The doors were wide open letting in the rain. The bed was made with dirty sheets and the floors were dirty both in the bedroom and bathroom. I had to re wash all the kitchen equipment I wanted to use.

The oven and microwave didn't work, nor the TV in the bedroom!

The only thing that's good about this apartment is the location. Not worth the money!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MazzAdventure13
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora Tower. We appreciate your feedback albeit the points you've raised are of great concern. Ordinarily we pride ourselves on a high standard of cleaning however it appears on this occasion we've not met this standard. I wondered could you please be so kind and advise by email which apartment you stayed in last or alternatively your surname and date of stay? My best email is hmaurora@theoaksgroup.com.au. Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had a pretty good experience at this hotel. I had an issue with the bathroom in the room (Executive - 1 bedroom) that I was staying in and management have responded to my concern promptly. I stay with the Oaks Group for this very reason. i.e. I know that if I do have an issue or concern, that there is always a real person in management who will listen to my concern and address is in an appropriate and prompt way. The hotel is in a great position, bed was a little hard for my liking, but all in all, it deserves 4.5 stars. Can't speak highly enough of Daniel and the management team. Thank you for your courteous and professional response. I would recommend staying at this hotel and with this chain of hotels.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in the executive rooms or higher. The views really are spectacular.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daz M
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for your comments in relation to your recent stay at Oaks Aurora Tower. Your feedback is very encouraging and I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay for the most part. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Aurora Tower in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The check in staff were polite and lovely to deal with but that's where the good standards stopped. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment and once into the room, 1 of the bedrooms was locked. I headed down to reception to inform them, which they promptly organised the room to be unlocked. Too then find my swipe did not work to which this took a good 5 attempts to get this working. The main bathroom in the apartment had a awful smell to it, a damp and mouldy smell that got worse every time a hot shower was taken. The dishwasher had old mouldy food on the inside corners, it looked like it had NEVER been cleaned. The kitchen and bathroom sink drains were all brown, a wipe and a bit of bleach would not have gone astray. The glasses, plates and cutlery were uninviting.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LG_Travels2014
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora Tower. I'm sorry to hear you found the cleaning standards to be less than satisfactory. I have passed your comments down to our executive housekeeper and asked that these be addressed as a matter of priority. Goes without saying the points you've raised are not acceptable. I trust you enjoyed your stay otherwise. Thank you for your kind words on the reception staff. Thank you again for your feedback. This is most appreciated.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I've stated at the Oaks quite a few times now for business.
It has a great location (gym, shops, grocery and fashion).
The rooms are looking a little tired but they are liveable and certainly wouldn't deter me from staying again.
Parking: costs approx $25. Make sure you pre-book.
Check in: polite nice staff. Easy with no hassles.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richolisa
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the location convenient once again. When next staying with us please contcat myself dirfect on email hmaurora@theoaksgroup.com.au and I will ensure that you stay in one of our recently refurbished apartments. We should have refurbished all apartments in due course for your information. Thanks again for your feedback. We really appreciate this.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is our first time staying at this motel. We had high hopes but this never motel never met them.

The check in staff were nice and helpful considering we were checking in late. They also escorted the pizza delivery bloke to our room which was great.

We found the room a little hard to find as the corridors were dark and there was no signs to tell us which room numbers were which direction.

Our room itself, was large for a 1 bedroom apartment and was nice at first look. Upon looking further the drinking glasses in the cupboard were covered in marks and were uninviting. The motel furniture showed signs of age (deck chairs freying, bits missing from bottom of laminate on cupboard). The kettle left much to desire and was quickly put back into the cupboard to not be seen again. We also thought it was odd that the curtains had no block outs.

In saying that - the water pressure was great and the bed was very comfy until the early morning sun woke us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShinyPascal

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora Tower. I apologise for the shortcomings in the cleanliness of your apartment. I will speak with the executive housekeeper as a matter of priority. On the condition of the apartment otherwise please be advised that we're presently progressing through a substantial refurbishment programme which should be complete by June all going well. Thank you again for your feedback. This is most appreciated.