Oaks Aurora
Arena Apartments(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$151
  • Restaurant
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$121
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
  • Pool
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$85
  • Pool
Hotel Jen Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$220
US$181
  • Restaurant
Mercure Brisbane King George Square(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$94
Agoda.com
US$69
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsthe riverbedroom apartmentstory bridgelarge balconyeagle streetqueen streetacross the roadbottle shopper nightfull kitchenlocation is fantastichigh floorgreat apartmentcar parkingwashing machinebusiness tripbrisbane city
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Im yet to even stay here but the service so far has be the worst experience. Its been all about money money money and the cost of parking is unjustifiable. A motorcycle MUST pay a full car rate, when advised i booked through a 3rd party they were not happy the booking was not done directly through them, when i questioned why their website has a 1 bedroom showing a view but they could not guarentee it they blamed the 3rd party for advertising wrong information.

its been a nightmare and so far cost me over $1100 in not only 4 nights but to ENSURE A VIEW an upgrade cost AND $25 a night for a motorcyle

If i could cancel i would - the staff have been a night mare - lord help when i arrive !!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Khearnsey
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your comments on your pending visit to Oaks Aurora Tower. I can see from reservation notes at this end that you've spoken to our central reservations office on a number of occasions. I apologise if you've experienced difficulties with your 3rd party reservation. My understanding is you initially booked a one bedroom apartment for 3 nights then extended a further 1 night to take advantage of a late checkout in an executive apartment. Some of the confusion has stemmed from your booking an entirely different room type for your 4th night. I can see that your booking has you staying in an executive apartment however for the duration of your stay so I'm pleased to confirm this upgrade. On the carparking fee of $25 per night, please rest assured we're not being opportunistic. Rather, irrespective the size of the vehicle you've been allocated a dedicated parking space for the duration of your stay. Unfortunately we do not have seperate parking for motorbikes. Our carparkling tariff is very reasonable compared to other Brisbane properties. Furthermore, our carparking facility and associated costs is advertised extensively on all websites. Finally and in response to your comments around booking through a 3rd party vs booking direct, please rest assured we have no preference whatsoever so long as guests enjoy their stay. Granted it can be easier to deal with the property direct when arranging booking extensions in particular for different room types with parking over and above. Nonetheless you've booked through a very reputable source and we look forward to to welcoming you to Oaks Aurora Tower next week.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Loved the place and so close to everything. Would have given full marks, however staff Need to smile and not feel the guests are in the way. Don't turn into dolly trolleys girls..just remember we are guests staying with you and hopefully we help to pay the Oaks bills and that would include staff wages.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora Tower. I'm pleased to hear you found the location of Oaks Aurora convenient and I assume your accommodation comfortable. I apologise if the staff were not overly accommodating or welcoming whilst you stayed with us. This is very disappointing to hear. Ordinarily our front line staff are very obliging and friendly. I have raised your comments in a brief staff meeting. Your comments have been acknowledged and taken very seriously rest assured. Thank you once again for your feedback. This is invaluable to say the very least. We hope to welcome you back to Oaks Aurora again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

From the beginning checking in was a disaster. There were about 15 people waiting to check in and only two staff checking people in (25 minutes wait time). There was a manager behind the counter but she was to busy chatting with one of the other staff members who had finished their shift. Finally got to the desk to check in and the staff member was blunt and rude. When I asked politely "if available, can we please get a room on a higher floor?" It was an instant bite back "we are full" - rude. The manager eventually finished chatting and acting like she was doing something then asked the man next to me "are you right?" Firstly, you don't address someone that way, secondly if he's standing there being ignored he clearly "isnt alright" he then said he wanted to check in and the expression on her face looked like she had been asked to do strenuous work. Overall two bedroom apartment was nice, shower is terrible though as it is way too low, great view and kitchen. Unfortunately with the check in experience I won't be going back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael W
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora Tower. I appreciate your taking the time to provide this feedback. I apologise your checkin was less than satisfactory. Judging by your comments it was obviously very busy at the time. I assuming it was a weekend when you stayed. Nonetheless the behaviour you've reported is unnacceptable for obvious reasons. I will be sure to bring this to the attention of all front desk staff at our next staff meeting. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is not a hotel, it is serviced apartments. Entrance is a pain (from Rich Lane, and there is no ramp if you have wheeled luggage). That is the biggest downside - otherwise I enjoyed my stay.

Room was serviced daily. Happy
View sucked - I got to see the air conditioning units on the Boeing building.
Room was quiet and secure. Happy.
Staff were helpful and reasonable.
Internet was painful but worked.
No breakfast - it is serviced apartments.
The washing machine and dryer in the room are great.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora. I'm sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with the building entrance. Just a note for next time you stay, if you need a hand with luggage please don't hesitate to ask our friendly staff for assistance. Likewise I'm sorry you didn't like the view from your apartment. Please feel free to request an alternative view if / when you stay with us again. Otherwise, I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay overall. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Aurora in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This building is not a hotel rather Oaks are the building managers passing the building off as a hotel. Even the name is not correct. It is Aurora Tower.
It was never meant that it be run as a hotel.
The rental company is Chinese owned and I expect that there is little training.
Not worth staying here if you want the benefits of a proper hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank SCRCafe
OaksAurora, Manager at Oaks Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Oaks Aurora. For your information. Oaks Aurora provides a serviced apartment product which is not unlike a typical hotel with the exception of concierge and valet provisions and the like. Instead we provide large comfortable fully self contained apartments which suit the discerning traveller both corporate and leisure alike. We pride ourselves and offering 'home away from home' accommodation much same a very large quantity of other accommodation providers in Brisbane CBD. I'm not sure from your comments whether you enjoyed your stay with us or not. If you have any specific points like you'd like to bring to my attention I'd be only too happy to respond. Furthermore, Oaks is not owned by a Chinese company for the record. Likewise our staff undertake very extensive training upon appointment and during ongoing employment. Oaks operates a very sizeable and nationally recognised training academy which is the envy of our competitors. I'd welcome any feedback you have which may assist us in improving our service. Thank you again for your feedback.