“Comfort in the city”
Review of iStay River City

iStay River City
Ranked #43 of 140 Speciality Lodging in Brisbane
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We booked for a 4-night stay at this hotel and declined to pay extra for a top-floor apartment. We were pleasantly surprised to have a 40th floor apartment at no charge, just one floor short of the very top! Firstly, I did not know that such a luxurious hotel, offering apartments existed at the city centre. I am glad that I found and booked it. The rooms were spacious and clean and we had a wonderful view of the river and most of the suburbs. It is affordable and parking was good (didn't have the crampy feeling of parking in the city). Unlike most apartments too, we did not have to vacuum before checking out! That was one pressure of checking out taken off.

Only little issue I had was the hotel did not have enough pots for anyone who wishes to cook like one meal a day. They do have all the cutlery though. They should keep some pots to give out on request, if they do not intend to supply every room.

I recommend this hotel, and will return again in future.

Paul

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Hotel M, Manager at iStay River City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to comment on your recent stay at the iStay River City. The one comment I really like to read is ‘Wonderful service’ I will pass your kind words onto the team. Brisbane was hit with a bad heatwave, not all the units have air conditioning in the bedrooms; though in the recent refurbishment we included ceiling fans in all the bedrooms and it has been very successful in cooling the whole apartment through the hotter period. I am also glad to read that you found us very central to all your needs. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We had a family weekend at Brisbane CBD.The weekend we stayed in Brisbane was a heatwave.The air conditioned rooms were very welcome, also the pool.
There was plenty of room for the four adults in our family.
The shopping and restaurants close by were also very welcome.
Loved the Hotel.
Loved the position.
Wonderful service.
If I have anything to complain about it would be the cost of the car park.
But over all we were happy with our stay so we are happy to pay this fee.

Room Tip: Don't change a thing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
Hotel M, Manager at iStay River City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to comment on your recent stay at the iStay River City. It is always pleasant to receive favourable feedback. I really glad you found us centrally located and that our apartments were spacious enough for your family. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Good hotel, view of the river, very secure parking, you need to go through 2 roller doors. No noise from the streets below all blocked out when doors are closed. Nice to have opening windows and doors. Easy to catch a train or ferry close by. Would stay again. Clean apartment.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at iStay River City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to comment on your recent stay at the iStay River City. It’s always great to receive favourable feedback. I am happy to read that you found us central to all your needs and that you found our apartments clean and quite. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I recently stayed for 5 nights on the 34th floor, amazing view of the city looking east. The apartment had two balconies, two bedrooms and one air conditioner in the lounge room. While during winter I guess this is not an issue during summer it does get stuffy in the bedrooms. Another couple stayed in a different roo and had one air conditioned bed room, so I guess the moral of the story is to ask for a room that has A/C in the sleeping areas.

Beds were comfortable, the pillows not so much, I always bring my own so all good.

Apartment was overall clean, well appointed and liveable.

Room Tip: Ask for A/C room!
1  Thank peterTownsville
Hotel M, Manager at iStay River City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to comment on your recent stay at the iStay River City. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the great views our two bedroom river view apartments have to offer. Unfortunately not all our two bedrooms apartments have air conditioners in the bedrooms though we have recently fitted ceiling fans in all the bedrooms to help circulate the cold air. We look forward to welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Don't usually write reviews, but this room on 30th floor is the dirtiest I've encountered. Mouldy, filthy shower and safety hazards with power points. Cleaners should be doing their job and reporting hazards that impose danger to guests.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Discerningone72
Hotel M, Front Office Manager at iStay River City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to comment on your recent stay at the iStay River City. I sincerely regret that your stay has put a negative perception on our company’s product, we do strive for 100% guest satisfaction and by reading you comments it is very disappointing that we failed to provide this. I wish we were able to speak prior to you departing as this would have given us the opportunity to investigate and correct your concerns. I have raised your concerns with Housekeeping and Maintenance and a full audit has been done on all units on the 30th floor to prevent this from occurring again. If you do choose to stay with us again please contact us directly and we will look after your stay.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We recently had a holiday in Brisbane and were really impressed with the apartment.
It was good sized and had a full length balcony accross all rooms - great for entertaining. Also, all facilities were provided - washing/drying, cooking and entertainment.
It was handy for the main street and within easy walking distant to South Bank Beach.
I would recommend this hotel to my friends travelling here.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the top of the hotel as ours was facing an office block. Although it must have...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to comment on your recent stay at the iStay River City. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have some really nice apartments offering great views and being located in the heart of the city allows easy access for all of your needs. We look forward to welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

My wife and I stayed during a routine Medical visit to Brisbane. I cannot for the life of me work out why these places put young "Partying people" right next door to older quieter people. We were continually woken up through the night by people yelling out in the hallway and the continual coming and going of the neighbours. I don't mind people partying at all but it would be very considerate of the booking staff if they were to put all these people together on the same floors so they can be inconsiderate to each other all night !!!! We had a 2 bedroom apartment (Paying for one) and in their wisdom they locked the room that was further away from the front door. Be warned, you will here doors banging all night and people talking outside your door if you don't request the room further from your front door.
No air con in bedrooms, very hot. Overall, in this case you get what you pay for however a tent down the river would be much quieter and afford you a better nights sleep.
This was the 2nd chance for this line of Motels with us and last night cemented the fact that there will not be a 3rd.
Best of luck, you'll need it if you stay here !!!

Room Tip: If you must stay here and I recommend you don't. Get the room further from your front door unles...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to comment on your recent stay at the iStay River City. I sincerely regret that your stay has put a negative perception on our company’s product, we do strive for total guest satisfaction and by reading you comments it is very disappointing that we failed to provide this. I wish we were able to speak prior to you departing as this would have given us the opportunity to investigate and correct your concerns. There are events on in Brisbane throughout the year that draw a younger crowd. Our reception is open 24 hours for any noise related issues and our experienced night staff are more than happy to assist in the event of a disturbance. As part of the recent partial refurbishment we have installed bedroom ceilings fans, these fans really circulate the cold air from the rest of the apartment quiet well. If you do return to Brisbane please contact us directly and we can look after your stay.