“One of the best”

Ranked #73 of 127 Speciality Lodging in Brisbane
Aussie
“One of the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

Just read some reviews regarding this property. I agree with some, but others appear to be biased. It’s not a Hilton and you get what you paid for. As a matter of fact, I have found this is one of the best places near Brisbane CBD area.

I am a regular traveller to Brisbane and have stayed in quite a few different units of this property. May be lucky but I have found no cleaning issues that concern me much. Occasionally some curry cooking smells in some units may need to be treated thoroughly though.

I agree that this place could be better if all furniture get upgraded. The rooms are spacious and well designed, but the carpets and sofa in some units look a bit dull and worn out. Having said that, I have found all units I stayed already have new furniture and several have had new carpet and sofa replacements. According to the managers, they are in the process of replacing all furniture and carpets.

The managers are very friendly and always responded promptly to my requests if any. My advice is to inform the managers of any maintenance issues rather than talk to cleaners. Overall I think the managers deserve to be complimented on their good works.

Room Tip: some rooms have split levels, check when you place booking.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Tas007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

This is the most expensive apartment I have used in my trip to Oz, and it is the least satisfactory. The main room (on the ground floor) is so dark that electric light is needed all the time.There is little evidence that cleaners have done any cleaning recently. Several items need mending - a failed light in the main room, loose towel rail. Carpet and sofa are worn out. The owners seem not to care about the low standards.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor, which is very dismal.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John L
Noosa, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I normally stay int eh city centre in Brisbane, but with everything booked out for some event or another, I drifted up into Spring Hill for the night. It was hardly a great inconvenience - just 15 minutes easy walk into Queen St.

The apartments themselves are certainly not new, but they are reasonably maintained and quite spacious. There is a small pool and good parking.

I didn't use the internet, but it has WiFi available through an outside provider for some ridiculous charge.

Service was good, efficent and friendly, and they were happy for me to leave my car there (free parking) the following day while I worked in the city.

As a business travller, Spring Hills Mews will probably not be a regular stop for me, but it's a decent back up when things are busy in the city. If I was to travel to Brisbane with my family, the spacious apartments with plenty of bedding would start to look quite attractive, I think.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian_Pratt
Merimbula NSW
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed here for five nights in a one (1) bedroom apartment (No.37)
Whilst it was adequate, we will not return.
It is a shabby property with a very low standard of maintenance,
The bathroom drains smelt with stains and cracks in the grouting and tiles.
Poor quality carpet that looked dirty. Sheets and towelling were poor.
Clearly the management are doing an inadequate job and the individual owners are uninterested in their rental returns.
Can I suggest you seek somewhere else. We are for our trip in 2012.

Room Tip: Seek another property.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank John T
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

I was a bit concerned about some of the reviews on here relating to cleanliness but since I was only staying overnight I thought I'd take a chance and the price was reasonable given the alternatives, which were either on a busy road or upmarket hotels in the CBD. There was nothing to complain about here - quiet location, walking distance of CBD, helpful staff. My apartment was fine - no musty smells - perhaps the other reviewer was unlucky. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank simone_a13
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

Whilst the management of this establishment is very friendly and helpful the facility itself was dissapointing. The apartments are old and tired and we expected more for our money. The location is excellent with easy walking access to the cbd of brisbane. We have stayed in a number of apartments in brisbane across the years and we believe u can do better for your money.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank russkat22
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

Stayed several places in Spring Hill / Brisbane previously, and this is the most pleasant place. The small frontage a bit deceiving, but inside has four little building blocks and a beautiful garden and a pool. Our family stayed for a wedding and booked two apartments (a two bedroom and an one bedroom units). Both apartments were very clean, spacious with brand new furniture. The staff was very friendly and helped us checked in early so that we could prepare ourselves for the wedding. It was a pleasant short 3 nights stay, and we thoroughly enjoyed it.We4 highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family