“Great place to stay”

Ranked #47 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Canberra, Australia
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location only a short walk from the waterfront restaurants.
The room is excellent with great modern furnishings, lovely plush king size bed and massive T.V.
For some the room may be considered a "match box" in size, but I prefer smaller rooms while travelling over night on my own for work.
The in house movies and room service are however very overpriced and having a restaurant/bar located just below my balcony was a bit inconvenient when trying to sleep.
Overall the reception staff where a pleasure and very helpful and I really did love the room.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Reob

Thank you for choosing to stay at Diamant Hotel Brisbane and taking the time to provide us with the feedback.
I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found beds to be very comfortable and reception staff a pleasure to deal with.

Yes, we certainly are well located - realistically a maximum 10 minute walk to anything around the CBD. Not just the water front, only a hop to the Central Train Station as well which gives a great connection to both domestic and international airports. Not sure if you had the chance to walk over to Southbank along the River and via the Botanic Gardens? If not this time, then you should do it next time. It's a great way to see so much of our wonderful BrizVegas!!

Again, thank you so much for your time Reob and we are all very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Brisbane.
Hopefully it is sooner rather than later!

All the best

Diamant Hotel Brisbane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My fiancé and I decided to book a hotel for a romantic stay for 1 night as we were in the city virtually all day. The website was absolutely deceiving when we did our research. The pictures look huge of the bedrooms, they are the size of a matchbox in reality.
My partner and I stayed in the premier room an when we opened up the door we were appauled at the size of the room. No kidding my bedroom at home which isn't an ensuite is bigger then the 2nd best room at this hotel. The bathroom lights were as dim as anything, the balcony is a squeeze and there isn't any room to put your luggage. The so called "foxtel" on the tv is limited to 4 foxtel channels, 2 of them are sports channels. If you are a business man staying in the city stay away! The desk is tiny and the chair for it is like a bar stool. I honestly wish that my fiancé and I would of stayed at home what a waste of money. The movies are almost $17 per movie. The setting is horrible of the room, white everything. The hallways look tacky. It's not a pleasant feeling staying here as you can here noise from the hotel non stop. If anyone thinks this is a great hotel you really have it wrong. For a 4 star hotel I would rate this a 2.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Jessie113
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear Jessie

Thank you for choosing Diamant Hotel Brisbane. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor.

Here at Diamant Brisbane, we always aim to present our rooms with every desire to achieve customer satisfaction, we do appreciate however that our style of Hotel and certain room types are not to everyone’s taste.

We have selection of rooms available and I only wish you have made us aware of your dissatisfaction while still in house as my staff would be more than happy to show you alternative room types that you might have preferred.

Warmest regards and thank you again for taking time to leave your feedback.

Diamant Hotel Brisbane
Melbourne
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I've stayed at the Diamant Brisbane on 2 previous occasions. My third visit will be my last. I've stayed in a Diamant suite twice and premier room once. On the positive side, the beds are very comfortable, rooms have T2 tea and the shower in the Diamant suite is large. On the down side, the size of the premier room was too small and not well laid out or equipped for the business traveller. I can't imaging how small the standard rooms are, but would never consider one given the size of the premier room. The Diamant suite which is the top level room fails on just about every front. The suite has what Diamant state on their website as a 'fully equipped kitchen'. On both my stays over the past year the Diamant suite kitchen has been anything but equipped. My most recent visit (June 2012) the kitchen 'equipment' consisted of 2 plates, 2 mismatched bowls, basic cutlery, 2 cups, 2 glasses, 2 saucepans, 2 pots and a cutting board. There were no cooking utensils such as knives, can opener, bowls, tongs etc. Nor was there tea towels or tea spoons. I asked reception to address this problem which was met with a "we'll see what we can do". To their credit they supplied tongs, wooden spoon, knife and metal bowl. The strange thing is that whilst the kitchen has a convection microwave, there is virtually no way to cook anything in it as there are no bowls, plates or dishes that fit or can be used in the microwave!

The Diamant suite I stayed in (702) has no opening windows and there is NO air circulation. The air conditioner re-circulated the air and the stove rangehood did the same. After cooking my dinner each night the cooking smell was very noticeable when I returned from work each day. Housekeeping obviously didn't see this as an issue and didn't bother deodorising the room. The room size is good, but poorly laid out and decorated. The wardrobe door only partially opens as the bed is in the way. There is no desk and the position of the air conditioner means there is hot and cold spots in the room. The decor is bland with white walls, white cabinets, white tiles, white linen, white towels, black lounge. It's not a stylish or boutique look or feel.

Room cleanliness was average. On multiple occasions the dishwasher was not emptied after I packed and turned it on before leaving in the morning and the shower and basin was not cleaned.

The Diamant calls itself a contemporary boutique hotel. Apart from the reception area which has a boutique contemporary feel, the rest of the hotel falls short,. The rooms don't have the boutique style (take a look at The Limes) and the service doesn't have the personalised touch.

The Diamant management don't stay in their own hotel....and they need to so they experience the issues. They don't seem to care and they definitely don't learn and change so the issues are removed.

The Diamant might be fine for the infrequent stay, but for a regular business traveller or extended stay (beyond a night) this hotel is not up to standard.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank reckless_abandon8
DiamantHotelBrisbane, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Traveller,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us at Diamant Hotel Brisbane did not meet your expectations. The satisfaction of our guests lies at the core of everything that our company, our team and I work towards. Ultimately, exceeding our guests expectations is our primary focus and we are very sorry that your experience with us did not reach our goal or indeed your needs.

As discussed in our telephone conversation, your feedback has been heard and will contribute to the ongoing improvement of our hotel and our service. You have brought up some excellent points for improvement.

If we are given the opportunity to serve you again we ensure as always our utmost effort and genuine intention.

Tamara Carter
Front Office Manager
South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The bathroom was large. Shower was good. No bath, but that was fine.

The bed was very comfortable. Pillows were so soft. I could have slept for days!

The in-room snacks were expensive and if I was to go again, I'd try to be more prepared and bring my own snacks.

There was no view to speak of. We could see a wall.

We stayed for one night and spent very, very little time in the room. I don't think we got value from the room, but I can't complain about the comfort level I experienced while I was in the room.

On check in, there was confusion about us having two keys. I don't understand why that was a concern, but it was soon overcome. We got two keys.

On checking out, there was some confusion from the desk staff. I felt accused of trying to get a deposit returned twice and then accused of not leaving one at all, despite having a receipt. We had done the right thing. While the staff member called other staff and did end up finding my deposit, giving me my money back and apologising, I'd already been delayed too long. I believe it was around half an hour of waiting, while others were served and a search for my deposit took place. By the time I had my money back, I'd missed one train and, if I'd not run to the station, would have missed a second one. Luckily my flight had been delayed by ten minutes or I would have missed that as well. I don't customers should be made to feel like they are wrong for asking for what is theirs. The desk staff were the low point of our stay here.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank IngaProblem
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear Cinnie23
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at Diamant Hotel Brisbane on Tripadvisor.
While it is good to hear that you were pleased with the level of comfort our rooms offer I am disappointed that customer service provided at the front desk was way below our usual standards.
I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further if you would like to contact me directly.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 May 2012

As mentioned in all reviews, the room is tiny .. very tiny.
You cannot work properly with your laptop (the pull out desk is simply not practical, especially when a chair is not provided and there is no room for it even if it was). The closet is not suitable for putting your clothes inside so the only place to put your luggage is on the very short corridor from the door to the bed. Parking is expensive, internet is expensive and the room was facing the car park and noisy at night.
I spend many times in Brisbane in many hotels and would not recommend this hotel for the price my company paid for the room, parking, internet and breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Mat255100
Dear Mat

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay at Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to review our product and service we provide to our guests.
We have a selection of rooms available at the Property and would I be able to suggest you try one of our Diamant Suites on your next trip to Brisbane should you wish to give us another chance.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything else I can help you with.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We recently spent a one night stop over her on our way through to somewhere else and found the hotel charming, yet very basic. Rooms were very small, although staff were welcoming and friendly. If you don't know Brisbane very well, probably not the best place to stay as it is not a prime city location. NIce big shower, everything was clean, beds were very comfortable. We received a very good deal for the night as an early bird special on Wotif, but probably would not recommend paying full price for this hotel. All in all, can't complain.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Courtneyccc,
Thank you for choosing Diamant Hotel Brisbane and taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.
We greatly appreciate all feedback as this will assist us to improve our facilities and services. I am particularly pleased you found the Diamant Hotel team to be welcoming and friendly.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel Brisbane for our next short break.
Sydney
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I read so many average reviews of the Diamant Hotel that I had very low expectations. Maybe because of his I was really plesantly surprised by the Diamant. The newly renovated hotel was clean, staff were helpful and the restaurant downstairs made the location bearable.

The rooms are indeed small, but the beds are huge and comfy, the TV is big, with plenty of pay TV channels and is mounted on the wall so doesn't take up any of the precious floor space. The bathrooms are starting to show their ware a bit (my soap tray was broken), but the rain style shower was great and the provided shampoo, conditioner, soaps and showercap were decent quality. The air conditioner was really loud, but lucky for me the weather was mild so I didn't really need it on anyway.

Being on business, I had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant (O Bar). Staff are friendly, food is good and it's always busy with other hotel guests and local office workers. Give it a try if you're staying at the Diamant - they'll bill to your room too... which could be dangerous if you're making good use of their bar!

Room Tip: For an extra charge lone female travellers can stay on the "ladies only" floor and receive...