“Incredible Service, Fabulous Hotel”

Mantra Terrace Hotel
Ranked #54 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed at the Diamant in Spring Hill for a weekend in July 2012, and had a brilliant experience.
I came down for a job interview, and secured the role.
The staff at the hotel were fabulous, sending up free champagne, giving me free internet access and generally celebrating with me.
Nothing was too much trouble for the lovely folk at the front desk - service delivered with a smile and genuine warmth.
The room is neat and has all the creature comforts, including absolutely blissful doona and pillows - I am going to get some for home!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear Cindy,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

Congratulations on your interview! We are delighted that we were able be a part of your celebrations. We were very pleased that you found the beds so comfortable. We feel that a comfortable sleep is among most important parts of a hotel stay and we get regular feedback regarding the hotel beds. If you would like any information regarding the bedding used at Diamant Hotel Brisbane, we would be delighted to forward this on to you.

Thank you again for taking the time to review Diamant Hotel Brisbane. Please feel free to contact us when you are next visiting Brisbane.

Tamara Carter
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 20 July 2012

upon discovering that our suite had been used for a staff training exercise two days previously and had not been cleaned,we were then advised that no other rooms were available.
the understaffed front desk tidied up but frankly the stay was ruined.
having brought this to the attention of senior management we were offered another stay with free parking and a 10 percent discount.Insulting in the first instance in allowing us into a filthy room and speechless over the attempt at redemption.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ANDYMMaleny
DiamantHotelBrisbane, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear Mr Maleny,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we use it to improve our facilities and service.

I regret that we did not manage to meet your expectations on this occasion. We wish you all the best on your future travels.

Tamara Carter
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Not cheap by any means but not a lot of options with so many conferences on in Brisbane at the time. The other reviews are correct; amongst the smallest of rooms I have ever stayed in. Clean, well appointed but tiny. And yes the bed is extremely comfortable.
But the breakfast (roasted Roma tomatoes on sour dough with avocado and chèvre) is exceptional. The bar next door jumps on a Friday night. My colleagues suggested that their rooms may not have been positioned as well as mine with a lot of noise coming from the alley with bin trucks and crashing bottles at very early hours of the morning. Overall a reasonable experience, but if there was 2 of us, I would look to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Natasha,

Thank you for taking the time to review Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

OBar & Restaurant is very popular on Friday nights and I agree, the breakfast is fabulous. Next time you visit Brisbane, you must also pop in for dinner. I was also pleased you found the bed so comfortable sleep while staying with us. We feel that a comfortable sleep is among most important parts of a hotel stay and we get regular feedback regarding the hotel beds.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review. Please contact us when you are next visiting Brisbane, as we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Cost for accommodation was very well priced at $139 a night for a weekend value special. Staff were amazingly friendly and very helpful with my request. Services were of good use including a free gym pass from Monday to Friday on Adelaide Street. Had an in room massage at the cost of $116 and was very relaxing and therapeutic. Located less than a 5 minute walk from Central Brisbane CBD and very close to all facilities within walking distance. The beds are very comfortable and amenities in room are very stylish. Would recommend this hotel to anyone as i know i will be going back there.

Room Tip: rooms on the right hand side facing front have a beautiful view and are very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for choosing Diamant Hotel Brisbane and taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Diamant Hotel Brisbane and appreciate your comments to assist us in improving our facilities and services. I was delighted that you were able to enjoy some of our facilities also. We have a lovely location, within short walking distance to Brisbane CBD and all it has to offer.

Thank you again, for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I booked in here on my last night in Brisbane as it was the cheapest rate available and I just needed a place to crash before an early flight on Sunday. The person on reception was friendly and helpful. The room was not a large room but I have seen smaller rooms before and as I said I just wanted a bed so it fulfilled my needs. The fridge was under the bench out of the way and the wardrobe had plenty of hanging space. There was a luggage holder to put my bag on so don't know what people are complaining about nowhere to put bags.
Bed was nice, soft and comfy.
The bathroom was good, shower was nice and large but had some problems keeping a constant temperature.
The bar/restaurant had stopped serving food by the time I went for dinner (8.20pm) which was a bit disappointing on a Saturday night and meant a bit of a walk to the city to get dinner.
Checked out around 5.30am, was nice and easy and taxi called happily.

I think that it was a good stay for what I required, I would happily stay there again as a solo traveller or as a couple as long as the price stays the same and I get the same quality again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you are looking for a big flash hotel room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
DiamantHotelBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Hallo Jeremy

Thank you for staying with us over the weekend and taking the time to write a review. We very much appreciate it.
I am so glad we had the most affordable rate for the night and you got to book unexpectedly your accommodation with us!

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms and service to be to your liking.

I would also like to take this opportunity and thank you for bringing the shower temperature inconsistency to my attention. I have organised for maintenance to investigate and rectify the issue as soon as possible.

Again, thank you for your time Jeremy and we look forward to the possibility of seeing you again soon.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I use trip advisor all the time to check before I go I am a business traveller. Based in Australia I spend on average 30 to 60 days a year away from from home over the last 10 years for business. I also travel with the family 4 weeks a year. Where do I start the room was the smallest I have ever seen, I have stayed in Paris and London backpacking and YMCA's as a young man. Water pipe noises cant sleep nothing close to the hotel resturant or bar wise. Agreee with faulty towers comments. The sign out the front should say Formula 1 ( $80 cheap Australian hotel) that I have never stayed at but would assume that is what you get. I can't rate it 0 but if I could I would. STAY AWAY. I have never left a review before this one but feel I need to.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank brett k

Dear Brett

Thank you for staying at Diamant Hotel Brisbane and taking the time to post a review.
We appreciate all the feedback, positive as well as negative.
I am sorry to hear we have not managed to meet your expectations and wish you all the best with your future travels.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Stayed at this hotel for the first time. I found the staff friendly, the rooms clean and generally the building well presented. Unfortunately that is all the positive feedback I can give you. The room was excessively small and we were there with a large group and it appeared most rooms were this type or smaller! The refrigerator was located in the middle of the cupboard allowing me no place to hang my Jacket or trousers, rendering the cupboard useless. There is no chair in the room, let alone any room for one so there was no wear other than the floor to place my clothes, simply unacceptable for a hotel that markets itself as a little upmarket. my room faced east and the roller blind did not adequately cover the window frame and in the morning the sun shined straight onto the bed and into my face. This was annoying considering I did not get to bed until 1am. The front door handle was fixed in such a position that you had to lift it upwards to open the door. The hot water for the shower went extremely cold as soon as the neighboring room started their shower. The bed had a bad sag on the edge, understandable considering there is no were to sit in the room. Overall a disappointing hotel that charged excessive rates. Would have expected more from this boutique establishment.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank amsam
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear Amsam

In our efforts to ensure our hotel continues to grow, we are grateful for your feedback.
We appreciate you highlighting to us the areas of disappointment as well as positives.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and all the best with your future travels.

Kind Regards,