“Handy spot”

Mantra Terrace Hotel
Ranked #54 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Great little boutique hotel. Got free upgrade to a Premium Room. Still not a huge room but very comfortable. Very clean. Comfortable bed & good shower. Staff very friendly. No parking but was lucky enough to get a street parking spot around the corner.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear MGH1965,

Thank you for posting a TripAdvisor review of your recent Diamant Hotel Brisbane stay.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay and found the team to be friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable.

Although we do not have a carpark at the hotel, we have arranged discounted rates at a nearby Secure CarPark. Our friendly team at Reception would be more than happy to provide information regarding nearby parking options.

I greatly appreciate your time. We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Brisbane.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Simply put I loved my stay and will be staying again.

But, for people reading this review, be aware it doesn't have all the features of a large hotel chain.

So whilst you can have room service its only till 9:00pm and not a minute later! Together with the fact the bar downstairs is open that late either. So you will have to go out on forage past the ungodly hour of 9:00pm if you want food.

That being said the staff are exceptional and the rooms are lovely.

Room size is small but not exceptionally so and the bathroom is either average or larger than average. So certainly reviews below point to a smaller room but I wouldn't be too concerned.

The bed and bedding is simply brilliant. King Sized beds in all the rooms I'm told. Coupled with the bedding, feather doona, was simply luxurious and probably some of the best I've seen.

Location was just a short walk from the city centre. In a quiet area so if your female and walking home late might be some concern.

Oh, and the wifi was free.

Dear Sleepy_Holidays,

Thank you for choosing Diamant Hotel Brisbane and taking the time to post such a lovely review of your recent stay.

I agree that the beds are wonderful and this is due to the extra comfortable mattress toppers we have on all the beds on top of holding manufacturing rights for the actual beds that were specifically designed with comfort and back support in mind! We can certainly organise and help you with the purchase of both when and if you ever need it for your home. I would like to clarify that all the Premier Rooms and the Diamant Suites have King beds. Our Standard rooms have a mix of King, Queen and Double beds.

I am delighted that you found the team to be exceptional. Guest service is at the heart of everything we do at Diamant Brisbane so the team are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. You will find the same dedication to service in all our 8Hotels around Australia.

Again, thank you for your time. We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Staff are usually good, and I love the location. I often stay here, however I don't get that warm cosy 'regular' feel that endears hotels to me. This shakes my loyalty. Plus I find the lower floors a little noisy from the traffic. And the last three trips my rooms have smelt a bit musty or damp - perhaps that's a humidity thing but I think it is more to do with the plumbing and damp carpet!

And the rooms are tiny by the way.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor for a quieter for sleeping. And I think x01, x02 ,x03 (of the left side of the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Dear Guye777,

Thank you for choosing Diamant Hotel for your Brisbane stays, and taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review.

I am very pleased you find our location on leafy Astor Terrace so convenient. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent rooms and the welcome you receive at the hotel. I can assure you we are following this up with priority.

Feel free to give us a call direct next time you have Brisbane trip planned as we have few room types available on the property ranging in size and set up and might be able to better match room type to your trip purpose. We can also be sure to allocate a higher floor for you.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2013

A friend had told me about this motel - when I rang, I was slightly concerned when I was given the measurements of the room when I booked, but as I was really looking for a bed for the night as I was in Brisbane for business I was not overtly concerned. Every question that I had was answered in the initially phone call and other information that might of been relevant to me was given unprompted. Other hotels and motels could take lessons from the staff at this motel. The room was smallish but was expected and not tiny by any means. Extremely clean, well stocked and well serviced. Keep up the great work. I have found the place to stay in future! Oh - the bed was fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Dear Helen S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience at Diamant Brisbane, right from the initial phone call!

I a pleased you found that our rooms compact but well stocked with everything you need for a comfortable night, including great amenities such as T2 tea & Robert Timms coffee and wonderful MicroCloud bed toppers to ensure a comfortable night's sleep. If you are working during your stay, I would definitely recommend one of our Premier Rooms, as it has a pull-out workstation. Don't forget, we offer complimentary WIFI in all our rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane. If you are looking for similar service, 8Hotels have hotels around Australia along with Bali, Paris and Fiji!

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 23 May 2013

The Brisbane hotel is well located and not too far a walk from the CBD.
Arriving by car was inconvenient as had to park out the front, visit reception ….wait … then issued with a parking pass and then moved the car to a parking station around the corner.
The room was SMALL and basic and a little less than I'd expected.
The downstairs bar (O Bar) certainly has the right look and a clientele to match but looks can be deceiving. Not cheap and not worth the effort. Terrible coffee(s) and an overpriced ordinary breakfast. The wine was good! Wouldn't recommend
Friendly staff though and when i mentioned the above they promised to give me a larger room next time.
I did have a comfortable sleep though on a business trip so that scores some points.

Room Tip: Leave the cat at home - you won't be able to swing it! Request a larger room when you book

Dear Garth O,

Thank you for choosing Diamant Hotel Brisbane and taking the time to post a review.

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry you found our rooms more compact than you would prefer. I am delighted that our friendly team were able to discuss alternative room options for your next stay.

We have also shared your feedback regarding OBar & Restaurant with the Manager. I can assure you that this feedback is greatly appreciated as we use it to improve our facilities and services here at Diamant Brisbane.

Thank you again for your time.We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We found hotels relatively expensive if you want to stay in the Brisbane CBD area. This was one of the best priced (of the good quality hotels) and was excellent quality. Free wifi, a great little coffee shop on the ground floor (if locals are using it, you know it's good). The room was a little small (we did get the cheapest room, and it was fine) and the bathroom shower needed a repair (management have advised they were aware of it and have scheduled a repair, which bodes well if they have an engaged management), but the room was very comfortable, very quiet and had everything we needed. Parking was a little tricky (we ended up getting lucky and finding a spot on the street - paid parking finishes at 6pm and doesn't start until 8am, so it is worth looking on the street). Definitely the place we will stay in future given its value, comfort and location.

Room Tip: Check out street parking if you are only overnighting. If you are going to be longer, contact the ho...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Edmo1066,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

I am delighted that you found our rooms comfortable and value for money. As you chose one of our Standard Rooms for this stay, As you found the room quite compact, for your next stay in Brisbane, I would definitely recommend either our Premier Room or Diamant Suite. The Premier Room is not as compact as the Standard room, with a King bed along with a Juliette balcony and pull out workstation. Alternatively, our Diamant Suites have a seating area, mini kitchenette and more closet space. This room also has quite a large ensuite bathroom with a bath! Either of these room types may be more suitable for your next stay.

Parking in Brisbane can be tricky. For this reason we have an arrangement with a nearby Secure Carpark with reduced rate parking for our guests. Our Reception team will direct you to car park we use. Alternatively there is the option of on street parking, however you must be careful to check the signage.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

I stay in Brisbane a lot for business and I've probably stayed in half of the hotels there. This is my favourite. The rooms are a little small but the beds are very comfy. The staff are always great. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Dear Niveus42,

Thank you for choosing Diamant Hotel Brisbane and writing such a lovely review.

We are delighted that we are your favourite hotel in Brisbane and that you have recommended us. I agree that the beds are wonderful and this is due to the extra comfortable mattress toppers on all our beds.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you need any help with future reservations, not only at Diamant Brisbane but at any of our 8Hotels properties around Australia and Bali, Paris and Fiji! You will find the same dedication to service across all our hotels.