“Stay here!”

Ranked #50 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
St. John's, Canada
“Stay here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I cannot think of a single negative thing to say about this hotel.

The rooms are the perfect size for a single traveller and hold all you need - a bed, a washroom and a kettle. The washrooms are shower only, which is all I need, really. The TV is huge for the size of the room and the bed is a dream. Interior design in this hotel is quite chic.

The hotel is located five minutes walk from Central Station and ten minutes to the bustling CBD. It may as well be a world away from them for all you hear. Astor Terrace is quiet and convenient to everything. The staff is unbelievably kind and friendly.

Complimentary internet sweetens the pot.

For a hotel of this quality I would expect to pay easily double the price if not more. I was only saddened by the fact I couldn't stay at a hotel from the same group when I came back to Sydney (due to sold out dates). I did not want to leave!

Room Tip: Premier rooms are a little larger and have a Juliet balcony; superior rooms have gigantic windows.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear CanadianRunAmok,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review of your recent stay with us at Diamant Hotel Brisbane.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree with you that our location is the best of both worlds - close to Brisbane CBD, yet situated on beautiful, quiet tree-lined Astor Terrace.

It is a shame that you were unable to stay with one of our Sydney properties, as you would have found the same dedication to service and friendly team that you noticed here at Diamant Brisbane.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to any of our 8Hotels properties around Australia, Bali, Paris and Fiji.

Warm regards
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

The room was small and the location isn't ideal if you want to be surrounded by restaurants and bars on the weekends, but the price was unbeatable for what it was. We got a deal on wotif and parking was easy and close to the hotel, and also good value.

The bed was comfy, the room was clean and the bathroom, including the shower, was surprisingly big. I hate hotel rooms with terrible water pressure in the shower and this place wasn't one of them.

A relatively short walk will get you to Roma St Parkland and a 20-25min walk will get you to Caxton St.

A good find for a quick weekend away in Brisbane and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Gourjess,

Thank you for choosing Diamant Brisbane and taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review.

I am delighted that you found the bed so comfortable during your stay. This is due in part to wonderful bed toppers on all our beds, its like sleeping on a cloud! I agree that our bathrooms are fabulous with the rainwater showerheads and Romy amenities.

We are very lucky with our location in Spring Hill, as both Brisbane CBD and Fortitude Valley are within easy distance from the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane, Please feel free to contact us directly for our next stay as we always offer the best rates and deals direct.

Warm Regards
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel overnight as I was in Brisbane for a function. The staff at the front counter were exceptional! Helpful, informative, professional and extremely friendly. I was particularly impressed by the service of one staff member who had organised my check in and then was serving someone else as I was checking out the following morning, she took the time to ask whether I'd enjoyed my stay and how my function had gone. Her attentiveness did not go unnoticed.

The bed was one of the most comfortable I've experienced anywhere and the bathroom was clean. As these are the two things I value most when staying anywhere overnight, I was pleased with the room. It wasn't particularly roomy but it was a decent size and included more than enough facilities for a short stay.

I also liked that it had secure parking nearby which was easily accessible and well explained by the staff. Its in a great location and made getting to and from my function particularly easy.

As it turns out, I need accommodation for overnight to attend a wedding a couple of weekends from now, I've just booked in with them again as my first experience was so enjoyable. I'm definitely adding the Diamant Hotel to the top of my list of preferred places to stay when in Brisbane.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear 3arual_laura3,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and have already re-booked for your next visit to Brisbane! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you found the team to be exceptional. We are lucky to have a team who genuinely care and have a passion for guest service.

I agree that our beds are amazing. This is due in part to the wonderful toppers on each of the beds, it's like sleeping on a cloud. Please feel free to contact us directly to assist if you would like to purchase for your home.

Thank you again for taking the time to write such a lovely review. Don't forget that 8Hotels have hotels around Australia, and you can expect the same comfortable surroundings and wonderful service you experienced with us.

Warmest Regards
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have recently had a fantastic weekend stay at the Diamant Hotel and we will certainly use them again. Fantastic service from the friendly reception staff. Excellent value for money and close to city attractions. A good breakfast menu accompanied by great coffee was certainly appreciated on a Sunday morning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
DiamantBrisbane, General Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Glenn R,

Thank you for such a positive review of Diamant Hotel Brisbane from your recent stay.

I am extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our service team to be friendly and accommodating. Guest service is at the heart of everything we do at Diamant Brisbane, so the team are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. You will find the same dedication to service in all our 8Hotels around Australia, Bali, Paris and Fiji.

Being in such close proximity to the CBD and Fortitude Valley is definitely a positive attribute and I am pleased that you found the location so convenient.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane.

Warmest Regards

Leah White
Pelican waters
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

We recently stayed at Diamant Hotel in Brisbane. It is very close to the city and other attractions. The room was great with king size bed. Staff were great. There was a problem with the parking ticket on the morning of our departure. The receptionist walked to the parking station with us and sorted out the problem. Very helpful indeed. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear PelicanwatersBeach,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Diamant Brisbane and found the team so helpful.

You are right that our location is very close to Brisbane CBD and all the nightlife at Fortitude Valley. We are very lucky that Central Station is close by and gives our guests easy access to all the activities that Brisbane has to offer.

I was very pleased that you found the team so helpful and friendly. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by the issues with the parking ticket on departure, however I am delighted that one of our team members was able to assist.

We are thrilled to be welcoming you back when you return to Brisbane. As you enjoyed the service here at Diamant Brisbane, we offer the same dedication to service in all our 8Hotels properties around Australia along with Bali, Paris and Fiji!

Warmest regards
Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We have just finished our 2 night stay at the perfectly situated boutique hotel. So close to central station we did not have to use the car once while we were there, yet out of the hustle and bustle of the main mall area.

Front reception staff were lovely I had to print vouchers for a couple of places we were going over our stay and they were happy to do that for us.

The O bar (restaurant attached to hotel) had a lovely decor & feel to it. We got the $40 deal for 2 ppl for breakfast which wasn't really a deal as what we had of the menu plus a coffee didn't amount to that $40 and you had to pay for add ons to breakfast and more coffee, so I would so that again. Also the girls on that morning were very loud in talking about their private lives over the counter so over the hour while we were there for breakfast we heard a lot about that.
In saying that about the O bar it didn't take away from the lovely hotel.
We will be back there as soon as we can get a sitter for the little man for a few days.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ishoa,

Thank you for choosing Diamant Hotel for your recent trip to Brisbane. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay.

I agree that our location is excellent - close enough to the CBD, yet far enough away on lovely tree-lined Astor Terrace.

I am delighted that our Front Desk team were able to assist, particularly with printing vouchers for your activities during your stay. The team are always more than happy to assist wherever possible. I apologise that you were not as impressed with the service in OBar and can assure you that this is being addressed. I am very pleased that this has not negatively impacted on your Diamant Hotel experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Brisbane, as soon as you can get a sitter. Otherwise, please feel free to bring your little man! Again, thank you for your time and feedback, its most appreciated.

Kind regards
Turks & Caicos Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was my favorite hotel in Brisbane for the following reasons:

1. Internet was FREE. Every hotel I stayed in charged a minimum of $25.00 per day.
2. Free guest pass to Fitness First gym around the corner. Excellent gym offering tons of classes (another $20.00 savings).
3. Bed was awesome.
4. Staff was extremely helpful and very welcoming (Dealt with two Tamaras who were both amazing).
5. Centrally located...everything was a short cab ride

This is a small boutique hotel which I like. The price was also excellent (I booked with Hotels.com). Was extremely happy with the all the services the hotel offered.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Poekelou,

Thank you for choosing Diamant Brisbane for your recent trip and posting such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read our hotel is your favourite hotel in Brisbane. We are extremely lucky to have a team of staff that genuinely care for our guests and I am very pleased you had the opportunity to experience this high level of service during your recent stay with us.

I agree, the location of the hotel is extremely convenient not only to the CBD but also Fortitude Valley whilst still being out of the hustle and bustle of the city.

The hotel boasts a number of complimentary services and I encourage all guests to take advantage of utilising these. I am pleased to hear you the opportunity to do so during your stay.

We are thrilled that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Diamant Hotel when you next visit Brisbane. Don't forget that 8Hotels have hotels around Australia, and you can expect the same convenient locations, wonderfully comfortable beds and excellent service you have come to expect.

Again, we greatly appreciate your time. Please feel free to contact me directly or any member of our team, should you need any help with your future reservations not just at Diamant Brisbane but any one of our 8 Hotels throughout Australia, Bali or Paris. We always offer the best rates and deals direct.

Warmest regards