“Enjoy the hotel, avoid the restaurant”

Mantra Terrace Hotel
Ranked #48 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
sydney, australia
“Enjoy the hotel, avoid the restaurant”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stay regularly at the Diamant and its a fave. Great location thats easy to drive to from the airport but also close to the city without the hassle. The park and stay package is great value for the location as the parking garage is 30 seconds away. I don't usually eat in the restaurant next door which I understand is run by a third party and not the hotel as on a previous trip they wouldn't let me take my meal up to my room to eat it. I tried again this trip and ordered a post gym medium rare steak. With only half a dozen people in the restaurant after 20 mins I asked where it was and it took another 5 to arrive. The $38 steak was overcooked and is not good value for the small handful of re heated chips and limp beans that come with it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nowmedia
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear nowmedia,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a delightful TripAdvisor review of your recent stay with us at Diamant Brisbane.

I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay and found it so convenient to your needs, particularly the designated hotel parking in the nearby Secure Carpark.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the restaurant, I have passed it on and they have taken it on board as well.

Do remember, should you need any help with your future reservations not just at Diamant Brisbane but any one of our 8 Hotels. You can expect the same friendly service and welcoming smiles at all our hotels around Australia, Bali, Paris and now Fiji.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Canberra
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I had comfortable stay at the Diamant in Brisbane. I had a standard room which was small but fine for one person or a couple who only want to use it for sleeping. The room had a small balcony which allowed for fresh air instead of air conditioning which was a bit too loud. The bed was great and the room had everything except space so if you had large suitcases you would struggle. Food in the restaurant next door was charged back and the a la carte breakfast was good. The hotel is several blocks down hill from the city centre so bring walking shoes. Toiletries are provided but they aren't anything special.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear CanberraAussieMum,

You are right we do boast that our rooms are cosy, but delighted that you enjoyed the room. I agree that our beds are wonderful, like sleeping on a cloud. Please feel free to contact the hotel should you like information on how to purchase for your home.

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My mum and I stayed here a few days ago. We had to book last minute as our plans had changed and this room at $138 for the night was one of the most reasonable around. I really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the late check-out was really handy as I'm not a morning person. The hotel was a bit further from the main Queen St Mall than some other hotels around, but since it was bucketing down mum and I took cabs to get to and fro mostly anyway. The reception staff were all really helpful, they go above and beyond, they were even loaning out umbrellas to any guests who had forgotten theirs. Room was nice and clean and although it was smaller than other rooms I've stayed in I was fully prepared for this because of reading reviews before my stay and I didn't feel claustrophobic at all. I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Samantha E,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the team so friendly and helpful. We encourage in our team a strong service culture and I am pleased that we achieved that during your stay. I have passed your feedback on to the team who are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please feel free to contact me directly or any member of our team, should you need any help with your future reservations not just at Diamant Brisbane but any one of our 8 Hotels. You can expect the same friendly service and welcoming smiles at all our hotels around Australia, Bali, Paris and now Fiji.

Canberra
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here for one night prior to a business trip. Arrived early (11am) and Eva at the front desk could not have been more accommodating. She found me a room and got me settled in.

There's not much to say about the room. It's a Diamant room, clean and functional. Pleasant but not "roomy".

The booking was made via Wotif and included late check-out (unused in this case as I had an early start) and breakfast.

The wording regarding the breakfast is a little misleading. The deal included a complimentary Diamant breakfast. The Diamant breakfast is a single item from a limited list e.g. bacon and egg muffin, muesli, etc. For an extra $5 you can select from the full a la carte menu. I recommend looking at the a la carte menu as the range is excellent and should suit most tastes.

Be aware that breakfast starts at 7AM. If you have an early morning start that's not good. I saw a number of people arrive and be told of the 7AM start, only to see them walk off to the cafe next door.

The coffee was exceptional!

Room Tip: I couldn't take advantage of the free Premium room upgrade due to my early arrival but any incre...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DiamantHotel, Front Office Manager at Mantra Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear LoveandHateGolf,

It is delightful to hear that Eva was extremely helpful in accommodating you nice and early, I’ve passed on your compliments to Eva personally. You are right we do boast that our rooms are cosy, but delighted that you enjoyed the room.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the breakfast, we have looked at changing that to make things simpler to understand. Fantastic news to hear you loved the coffee, I’ve let the restaurant know.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Pretty pricey and fairly small but beautiful room in a good and fairly quiet location. The room is very nicely decorated and the bed is very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again if visiting Brisbane.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Nikitas A,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the team so friendly and helpful. We do boast that our rooms are cosy, but pleased to hear you still had a good time with us.

I agree that our beds are wonderful, and this is partly due to the amazing bed toppers on all our beds - they make it like sleeping on a cloud! Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and we can pass on the details should you wish to purchase for your home.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Easy access to train station and bus service - both a fewminutes walk from the hotel - this was handy for an early morning trip to airport. Staff very friendly and helpful - even pointed out the shortcut to train station. Good locaton for shopping in this area of Brisbane.

Room Tip: Room very clean and bed very comfortable. Room quiet with no noise from outside - 5th floor room. Ai...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear B D,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the team so friendly and helpful. I have shared your review with the team who are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and that we can look forward to welcoming you back.

We are very happy to hear that we were central to all your needs during your stay.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Yes, the rooms are small (don't go looking for a chair) but for a night or two, quite sufficient. Lovely comfy beds with soft pillows, hot showers and free WiFi. All that you need, really. Good value for money. The walk into town takes about 10 minutes, good exercise as uphill on the way back after dinner.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business