“Was this a meal for convincts?”
Review of Little Singapore

Little Singapore
Ranked #518 of 4,635 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Singaporean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stopped by Little Singapore for lunch after a business meeting after being recommended there.

Funny thing is it's next to a police station and a lot of the meals came in steel metal type trays. I was really put off by this, maybe it's an asian thing but then unless I ate at really low budget street style restaurants, I never came across steel trays during my meals.

The service was a bit on and off. The trainee staff was nice but the rest treated you coldly, falling in line with convict feel of the place. Again, perhaps this is a cultural thing as service during my travels in China wasn't crash hot at a lot of restaurants.

I ordered a Hainam Chicken rice dish and it was actually quite disappointing. The race tasted terrible and didn't have a stock for butter feel to it, the ways they ought to be traditionally served. The chicken was good and the accompaniments ok. Soup, terrible, water mixed with soy complete rubbish. I'd recommend you go across the next street to Nudos on Mary's for a better and cheaper same dish.

I left my chicken dish and ordered a fried rice instead. Better, it was very traditional malay/singaporean style came with hardly any prawn but had bbq pork, lots of chinese sausages it would've been good but the rice again was terrible. They must've used a bad batch.

For the prices charged and the variety available in the locale, try another place. Little Singapore is too overrated, especially at this location!

There are newer reviews for Little Singapore

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

While visiting friends in Brisbane we came here on my last night for dinner. Service was lacking but the food was good. Had a big bowl of curry laksa maybe not the best choice on a hot night. Friends had roti canai which they enjoyed. Also shared a belacan kangkung my favourite vegetable.

1  Thank deedeethenomad
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Location - along the same street as Dymocks bookstore in CBD area. Ask any Chinese cashier or service staff and they can point you there.

Food - really average. All the fried noodles tasted similar. Their milk tea is made from tea bags not tea leaves including bubble tea therefore is doesn't taste flavorful.

Value - huge portions for the price.

Ambience - dim and unpleasant. Looks like the staff didn't maintain the place well with sticky table tops and stained chairs.

Service - horrible. The English is bad and though I am a Chinese, I can't make out what they were trying to say.

There are many nice eatries in CBD and if you like Asian go for Vietnamese or Japanese. U get more decent food than Chinese.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Even though it was a busy night, it took ages (20mins) for someone to take our order, and when the waiter finally came to our table he couldnt have cared less if we were going to wait longer.
There were 4 of us at the table, one of us got our main before the entree, half of wich was cold. One of the deep fried entrees was still slightly frozen in the middle. The food didn't make us want to eat it, we ate it because we paid for it. Although it was cheap, it still wasnt worth the money.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

We've been to Little Singapore in Market Square, Sunnybank a few times and this Charlotte Street branch comes a very close second. The food is fantastic with the generous portion sizes making it really good value for money!!