“Absolutely terrible!!!”

Brisbane Airport Inn
Ranked #57 of 62 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Totally disappointed!!! Should have checked reviews before we booked!!! The place has no idea what security is! The door to our room was an entry door lock no chain nothing! We pushed the lounge against it at night just in case!!! We stayed in the self contained room because they stuffed our booking up and gave us a one bed room for 3 people!! So more money to be paid out!!! We were 3 floors up and there were NO screens on the windows and the windows opened fully. Lucky we didn't have a small child with us they would have certainly fallen out! The bunk bed wobbled so bad my daughter refused to sleep on it! There was a 2 seater lounge and that's it for a room that slept 5 people! They advertise free foxtel but don't have foxtel in the rooms!
Whatever you do DON'T STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Lizmarkandkids

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My sister neice and I stayed for 3 days omg worst experience ever. We ended up asking our father who lives nearly 2 hours away to stay as we did not feel safe. Had to push sofa against door at night. Rooms were dirty and in bad condition.We only stayed as we had prepaid and they would not give refund. We ended up nick naming it a hooker hotel.i will attach photos.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank DE81AN
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. The only thing going for this is its proximity to rental car drop offs and the international airport. We only booked for one night thank goodness. The carpet was filthy, the lounge suit (which I wouldn't sit on) was covered in stains. Very hard to get to sleep as the continual traffic noise. When my husband and I finally did get to sleep we were woken up at 2am with someone trying to get into our room. I wore thongs on my feet in the shower as I was scared of catching something. The shower curtain had black dirt on the bottom of it. We wouldn't drink out of anything as all the things were dirty or smeared. Save your money try somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
1  Thank sad242014
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Booked this place due to it's proximity to the airport as I had a early morning flight next morning. Should have saved my money and stayed at the airport as it would have been quieter. Staff were very helpful but accommodation less then desirable.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I did not end up staying here, but they still have my money even though they advertise 100% refund if cancelled in time.
The reviews by others appear accurate, from the look of the place, and my treatment over not getting a refund (hotels.com also unable to retrieve money) would put me off ever booking there again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We booked a "Deluxe Ensuite Room" for one night through Qantas Hotels. We foolishly believed that given Qantas booked this establishment they essentially accredited it. (They will be receiving a separate "please explain" letter from me.) How we regretted not looking-up Tripadvisor. As soon as we entered our room my wife immediately refused to stay and ended up going to her cousin's house to sleep. This is a very tired and unclean establishment. The carpet was stained; the lounge couch was stained; shower and bathroom dirty; no proper blinds/curtains but essentially material hung-up. The dictionary definition of "deluxe" states "of special elegance, sumptuousness, or fineness." Our room (and the building) was the complete opposite -- absolutely false advertising. I could go on and on but the bottom-line is that this establishment is ready for the demolition!! Say no more!!

Room Tip: Don't book one.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce S
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We arrived at the airport inn to find a poorly maintained building and were also greeted by our "neighbouring room" welcoming his prostitute into the building. I am grateful my children weren't present on this trip.
Once we got into our room the disappointment continued. Our room was poor to say the least. I can't find the words to express the lack of general presentation & hygiene.
The sofa bed pillows had some fluid stains clearly present, I can only hope this wasn't bodily fluid from a previous guest.
The blanket was completely inadequate.
I tried to use the bathroom but the light would not work, after switching the light switch on nothing happened until 3 am when the light suddenly came on waking all of us.
The bedroom was on par with the rest of the room, bed head was just hanging on to the wall, pillows were less than average & again the blanket was inadequate.
The walls were dirty and the carpets equally filthy. There were food crumbs on the bench in the "kitchen area".
I am disgusted at both the service or lack of service and the accommodation that you rate as 3 star.

• Stayed: May 2014