“excellent quiet samllmotel”

Ranked #115 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Perth, Australia
“excellent quiet samllmotel”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel whilst attending outpatients clinic at the Prince Charles Hospital (across the road). It is a quiet little oasis in a busy suburb. I was on the ground floor and could sit in the garden and listen to the birds.The service was good and facilities were adequate. It was a short walk downhill to the large Westfield shopping centre.

Room Tip: I enjoyed being on the ground floor with access to the garden. Upstairs rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Jane S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
brisbane
Reviewed 28 February 2013

What a fantastic place to stay whilst visiting family at Prince Charles Hospital. The staff where very understanding and helpful. Room was very well equipped for cooking a simple meal and they even supply biscuits for a hot cuppa. Bed was comfy and no traffic noise at all. Also very close to the shopping centre and restuarants. Very fairly priced and exceptionally clean. Will definately stay again.

Room Tip: Loved the room with the KING size bed
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chris b
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I've travelled a lot over the years and have never found it necessary to resort to this kind of action. After a protracted series of emails, the motel management (via their receptionist) has advised me there won't be any refund in a quite insulting message that pretty much said I was lying when I told them I'd found somewhere else of a much higher standard with sea views f;or $19 a night more. She said, "I find it extremely hard to believe that you booked accommodation elsewhere for $20.00 with sea views. You would have had to travel 45 minutes to a coastal area or to redcliff etc in order for that to happen and still most likely not at that price. This is extremely unlikely!" (It was Redcliffe - not redcliff; don't even know where that is....). My first appeal was to Agoda, and I'm quoting my email:

We chose this motel because of its handy location and also because of what the advertisements promised:
A balcony (all Deluxe Queen rooms have one)
Free internet access
Quiet - "all we'd hear was the birds"
Set in lovely gardens

It was a downstairs room with a grubby little paved area beside long, unmown grass with a view to the rubbish bins - NOT a balcony, which any definition will tell you is an upstairs feature. We were offered an upstairs room instead the next morning, but by then we'd had enough of the two other misleading items, along with paving stones disguised as pillows.

There was free internet access all right, but "someone had used all their download allocation, and it was a bit slow". It certainly was - I was unable to even access my email! (Which is very important for my business). By the next morning the story had changed - apparently it was due to the heavy rain the previous week. Either way, it was not good enough and we were not getting what we believed we'd booked.

Quietness was hard to come by, with the noisy, antiquated air conditioner groaning away all night long. Apparently I didn't hear the birds singin: her reasoning was as follows, "which put on a display early in the morning, because he was too concerned about things of no real importance, as far as this place goes." - more insults, and presuming to know what I was thinking.

All in all, an unpleasant experience, dealing with very a unprofessional approach to hospitality. Pictures are interesting.....

Room Tip: Simple - go somewhere else :-)
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leckl
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Stayed at Chermside Court Motel for 5 nights, I booked about 6 weeks in advance I was supposed to get a twin deluxe room with reverse cycle air con, etc...while I admit the room was clean, their was no reverse cycle air con, there was a tiny fan heater which my daughter n I did not feel safe to leave on over night, they state FREE wifi but don't go there for that as I did we were lucky to get online for 2 mins a day the signal was very weak, the bathroom was tiny and my daughter even found it too small, I would definitely NOT recommend this motel, I went down to ask to check out after my 12 yr old and I spending our first freezing night here ( as we didn't get the reverse cycle air con as stated and considering we were staying 5 nights thought they would be more considerate) but as we were booked in for 4 more days we were told we would lose money if we checked out early, I did not think this was fair considering we did not get what we were supposed to get...they did give us two thin blankets extra but they were not much help. We stay in motels about 6 or more times a year and this one was definitely the most disappointing.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Trish C
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Being American, we typically can find good hotels for travel/business for around $100 a night, and find a spacious room, indoor access, free wifi, and free breakfest.
**you can hardly find anything similiar in Australia.
So if i adjust my standards, Chermside Court Motel actually is a decent place to stay.
Parking is limited, but the rooms are spacious (bathrooms are small), and the beds are decently comfortable. The wifi in the rooms is weak, but can get access in the loby just outside the rooms.
It also is a quick walk to the shopping centre in Chermisde, and not too far of a drive from Downtown Brisbane.
So while this hotel in the states would run for $50 a night, in Australia, i have found this to be an acceptable motel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank HuskerFan2009
Reviewed 20 April 2012 via mobile

Our first impression of the room was fairly disappointing and we really didn't wish to stay there, the room was very dated but we did recognize that for the price the room wasn't going to be flashy! The bathroom was the worst part of the stay, not only was it tiny, the shower was small and dirty. The tiles were covered in mould which scraped off when rubbed with a finger so certainly could have been removed easily with bleach, which made us question just how well the facilities had been cleaned. There were only 2 towels provided, no facewashers or hand towels and the soap was a liquid dispenser that smelt like aftershave. The dining chairs were dirty and one was ripped. The positive was a great bed, very comfortable but overall we found the room dirty and in need of a good clean, particularly the bathroom. We felt this wasn't a 3 1/2 star establishment and that the rate would be better priced at $90 per night. Ok for a 1 night stay but we didn't wish to stay any longer.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank TDK_32
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2011

For me the highlight of my stay here was the fantastic bed - I had a great night's sleep. Also, it isn't too far from the airport (15 minute drive?), and close to a Westfield so the location is pretty good depending on what you need to do in Brisbane. However, while the bed and TV were quite modern, the mint green 70's decor in the rest of the room certainly did not appeal me. And though the staff were friendly and reliable, the sign in the room indicating there was a $35 charge for any dirty cutlery in the room detracted from the hospitality. Overall not a bad little motel, but I am not eager to go back there either.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank TeamTam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
Essence Serviced Apartments
#133 of 159 in Brisbane
Chermside Motor Inn
Chermside Motor Inn
#1 of 2 in Chermside

Been to Chermside Court Motel? Share your experiences!