“Convenient but expensive”

Ranked #36 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Medellin, Colombia
“Convenient but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Unfortunately there is very little availability of hotel accomodation near Brisbane Airport.

Pros:

Excellent location near airport. Situated within a small complex that includes a major supermarket, coffee shops, and next to the DFO outlet shopping mall. Rooms and hotel in general clean and tidy. Breakfast downstairs was pretty good.

Cons:
Very expensive for what you get. Ridiculous system of charged carparks out the front, which is no more secure that the adjacent public carpark. Staff at reception professional and pleasant but noone available for assistance with luggage.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
GMBrisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane Airport, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear judd e l,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor community.

Your detailed feedback is greatly appreciated and it’s nice to see you enjoyed our location, clean guest rooms, and breakfast offering. I’m very sorry however to hear that our concierge team did not assist with your luggage; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I will share your concerns with our Front Office Manager to address with his team.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Australia a pleasant flight back home.

Alex Penklis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

I have used this hotel numerous times for a short times between flights and have found the stay to be pleasant. The room is of reasonable size, clean with a good and firm comfortable bed. I have not used the restaurant for breakfast nor diner as the cost for both seemed to be out of proportion. The transport from hotel to airport is ok but one would wish the transport from airport to hotel could be booked online and would run until the last flight arrives. Taxis are expensive and drivers can be quite rude if they only get a short trip.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear sportsmed t,

Thank you for reviewing your regular visits to Novotel Brisbane Airport. It’s always great to hear from our loyal guests.

I’m pleased that you find our guests rooms comfortable and clean, although it’s a shame you haven’t tried Catalina Restaurant. I recommend our express breakfast option which is perfect before an early flight and kind on the wallet.

Thanks for your feedback about our transport options. I’m pleased to advise some great news about taxis - the airport have now introduced a short fare option where the drivers can return and join the front of the cue – which means happy drivers. Hopefully you will see an improvement, but if you do encounter another rude drive please advise the taxi number to our concierge team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Roma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

The meals were excellent. Staff gave great service, The room was clean and peaceful and I was able to rest before my trip. The location was perfect for me as I needed to go to the International Airport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Melinda B

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Brisbane Airport.

Your wonderful feedback is very much appreciated and I’m pleased our staff provided excellent hospitality and your enjoyed a peaceful sleep before your flight. I will be certain to share your comments with the rest of the team.

I hope you enjoyed your overseas trip and we hope to assist again next time you fly out of Brisbane.

Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed at the Novotel waiting to transfer to a flight in the early morning. The place was comfortable and had all amenities required but it is a fair way away from any real life. Woollies across the road was a good cheap breakfast provision option. There is a shuttle service between airports which is pretty good value but for some odd reason you must pay in cash. I suppose as a airport hotel it serves its purpose well but a cab ride further away but not necessarily into Brisbane central (try Eagle Farm) is probably a cheaper better value option with a little more atmosphere

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
GMBrisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane Airport, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Dodger52,

Thank you for your review and feedback of our hotel.

I’m pleased you found the hotel convenient for your early flight out of the airport. We work hard to ensure our guests receive value for money during their stay and I’m sorry this was not the case. I will certainly take your feedback into consideration.

I hope you had an enjoyable trip.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is a very good airport hotel, only stayed overnight in between flights which would be the same for 98% of the occupants I would imagine, $5 per person for the bus transfer, quick and efficient check in and out, modern spacious, quiet clean room. only had a snack in the restaurant but the meals I saw coming out looked good, overall good experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul F
Dear Paul F,

Thanks so much for your fantastic review of our hotel.

It was a pleasure to read your comments and I’m pleased you had such a good experience overall.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome you back to Novotel Brisbane Airport.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night and were very disappointed, considering the cost of the room. The bed would rank as one of the most uncomfortable I’ve ever slept in, and we have stayed in many hotels around the world. I think from memory the brand of mattress was a Seally, but it must have been the very bottom of the range to be that uncomfortable. The hotel restaurant was fine for dinner, but also expensive. The hotel also has a secure carpark – at a cost of $15 per night. I can’t comment on the breakfast, as the $284 room price didn’t include breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mnp96
GMBrisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane Airport, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear mnp96,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay at our hotel.

I am very sorry to hear about the bed in your room; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the disruption to your sleep. I have advised our Housekeeping Manager who will inspect the beds in all rooms and consider replacements.

I hope we have the opportunity to provide a better sleep on your next travels through Brisbane.