“Very Nice Hotel Close to Brisbane Airport.”

Novotel Brisbane Airport
Ranked #38 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here on the last night of our holiday before taking a very early flight back to Auckland. Our first impressions were very good, the staff were efficient and friendly. There is a shopping centre literally across the road, very convenient. Our room was modern, clean and had everything we expected for the price and type of accommodation. The highlight for me was the amazing pool on the roof, I could see planes landing, trains, cars and even a cruse ship…all from the pool.
The restaurant was very good and busy, which is always a good sign, with a selection of local food (like Moreton Bay Bugs) and outstanding service (thanks Rhys).

We did have a view, not on the airport side but could see the Brisbane CBD and the Gateway bridges. I would consider this an Airport motel, it’s not as close as the Auckland Novotel is to Auckland airport (where you can walk), but it is a 5 minute drive and close enough to see planes landing.
If one is after more luxury and views, they should head down the coast to Surfers Paradise. Our check out was easy and the shuttle was great, I don’t know why others have complained. It was fast, the driver friendly, on time and good value for money, taking people to both the domestic and international terminals…would have cost more in a taxi.

So five stars for me this time, excellent.

Martin

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GMBrisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear martindbnz,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Novotel Brisbane Airport. I hope you had a great trip over from Auckland and your detailed feedback is greatly appreciated.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments and am very happy to see that your enjoyed your overall stay. The rooftop swimming is a great feature and I’m pleased you found the time to explore.

Thank you again for your 5 star recommendation. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome
you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Brisbane Airport

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night before an early international flight. Arrived late, greeted by friendly staff. Happy to find room service offered the entire restaurant menu, same price, and some items were available all hours. Big comfy bed, large room, nice modern shower/bathroom. Shuttle bus to either airport only $5pp or a taxi for $15. The staff were quick to send a last minute taxi delivering my left behind coat at 6am as well. Will stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GMBrisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Angela S,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Novotel Brisbane Airport before your early international flight out of Brisbane. I hope you had a wonderful trip away and saw some amazing sights.

I enjoyed reading your comments and am delighted to hear we were able to get your coat to you on time. I have shared your feedback with our Front Office team members who were involved.

Great to see that you plan to stay again and we look forward to provide a warm welcome.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is not an airport hotel. In my book, an airport hotel is within walking access from, and is usually connected to the terminal, eg Sydney Ridges, Melbourne Parkroyal, Bangkok Novotel, Hong Kong Regal and Singapore Crowne Plaza. The Brisbane Novotel is several kilometres from the terminal and there is not a regular dedicated hotel shuttle bus. The contracted bus only operates during certain hours...outside those hours one has to get a bus which stops at the supermarket opposite. Furthermore, taxi drivers are not overjoyed at being given such a low fare after waiting, often for hours.

I have no idea why the airport management did not allow for a dedicated airport hotel to be built adjacent to the terminal. Lost opportunity.

Having written all these caveats, once inside the hotel, all is very pleasant. There is no frills to the rooms, but the furnishings are functional and the bed very comfortable. The bar and restaurant are ok and the swimming pool and gym on the roof are probably the best features. The large supermarket opposite is open 24 hours which is a plus.

Room Tip: No view, even of the airport, so one room is as good as the next, and all have excellent sound proof...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
GMBrisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear donalddaniels,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I’m pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and a comfortable night’s sleep. Our rooftop swimming pool is quite impressive with the glass sided panels. I’m sorry however to hear that you were unhappy with our location. Whilst the hotel is not located adjacent to the airport terminals, we are located at Skygate adjacent to DFO factory outlets within the Brisbane Airport precinct.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I arrived early after traveling AUS-LAX-SYD-BNE and they were able to let me check in early. Very nice standard room with a king bed. Bathroom was spacious with a walk in shower. Staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Breakfast is excellent. They have a wonderful buffet serving an English breakfast with eggs, omlettes, sausages, ham, sauteed mushrooms, tomatoes, mince, as well as waffles & pancakes. The fruit and pastry section is awesome too.

This Novotel is across the street from a Woolworths and a liquor store which came in handy :). You can buy snacks & beverages there store them in the in room fridge (minibar). Beer is very expensive in Australia due to high taxes.

The airport shuttle cost AU $5 and is run by a third party. A little farther walk is DFO which has all sorts of shops and a food court.

Also very close is a medical center providing Travel Medicine needs.

Bottom line, I will be back. I even cancelled my Marriott Brisbane reservation to return here next week simply for logistics for work and it proximity to the airport and shops.

Two thumbs up from me.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear The_Traveler_2013,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of Novotel Brisbane Airport. I hope you have had a great trip over from Texas – the direct flights between Brisbane and Texas are very handy.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review and am delighted our staff were friendly and accommodating during your time with us. I have shared your breakfast feedback with our Executive Chef and his team.

Thank you again for your two thumbs up. We’re looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stay at quite a few hotels in the Accor chain and this one is what I would term a fairly standard Novotel. In general i find this brand of hotels a bit too clinical and impersonal but stayed here out of necessity as we were flying out the next day. Restaurant was nothing special - serving fairly standard fare that was ok without being anything to write home about
Would only choose to stay again if I had another early flight. If I had more time / a later flight I would choose to stay in the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Pieter B,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback.

I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our contemporary hotel design and disappointed that you found our offering to be standard. We work hard to provide service that is second to none and excellent value for our guests and I’m sorry that we have failed on this occasion. Your feedback is appreciated and I will review and discuss with my management team.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we have the opportunity to provide a better experienve next time.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on business and was very pleased with the level of service. The rooms are nice and bright and beds very comfortable. Restaurant food is of a high standard as is the service. Plenty of shops 5 minutes walk away and the air train station easily reached by the hotel shuttle which is $5. Alternatively there is a free bus service from the shops. Would happily stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GMBrisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Pat H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Australia. I hope you had a successful business trip to Brisbane.

I enjoyed reading your comments and am pleased you received a high standard of service throughout the hotel.

I see that you would happily stay again and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank ThaiGoldRuby