“A rare gem in the suburbs”

and 1 more site!
Carseldine Palms Motel
Ranked #109 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
New York City, New York
“A rare gem in the suburbs”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

What a rare gem to find these days. My company booked me into the Carseldine Palms for 5 nights and my experience began when I checked in with Eliot. He made me feel quite special and explained all of the features of the Motel especially the security which is important to me being a single female traveller. What a surprise when I walked into the room, spacious and nicely furnished (recently upgraded), I could have had a cocktail party for 20 in the room. There was even facilities for me to make my own breakfast if needed although I ate in the restaurant each day because that was included in the rate. My bathroom was well stocked with the appropriate amenities including Kleenex packet tissues that I took to work each day only to find them replaced every day. I travel quite a bit and this Motel is equal to some of the Hotels that I stay in some cities. Quiet and accessible I would recommend anyone staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank d0wnundernj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Room was quite large with ensuite. Bed was very comfortable and the room was quite clean and furnishings modern. However it lacked some basic facilites such as microwave or any cutlery and the only sink was in the bathroom, and with the toiletries they only gave you one of the small 9 tissue traveller packs, instead of a regular box of tissues.. The internet connection was free and was fast when it worked, however it dropped out every 5-10 minutes so was quite frustrating. The breakfast isnt free, it can be added to your room rate for $7 or paid on the day for $18. For $7 it would be worth it, but to pay on the day $18 would be a massive overcharge. Parking was easy and it was very client. The housekeeping staff were excellent and the motel also daily provides new tea, coffee and milk along with other housekeeping things which was a very nice touch.
Overall the motel was nice however it needs to update a few things to be competitive - for the same price 1 minute down the road, you can get a queen room with a full kitchenette at another motel. I would recommend this motel if they updated a few things like kitchenette facilities or the price was reduced. However if you have no where else to go, the rooms are very clean and modern.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Wollongong
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Spent 3 of the quietest nights I've ever had in a motel here last week. I think I heard a car door closing in the distance one night but maybe I was dreaming. The room was clean and comfortable and the cooked breakfast was fine. All I could want in a motel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Stayed here during the week for work purposes. Was happy with the easy check-in and the clean and spacious room. Bed was comfortable and I enjoyed the breakfast. Within walking distance to meal options as motel restaurant does not offer night-time meals.

Room Tip: Ask for room towards back if not wanting road noise
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We chose Carseldine Palms over other nearby motels based on its TA ranking. Our queen room was clean and spacious, with fairly simple furnishing. We paid the internet rate of $140, but skipped the breakfast ($22 per couple). The bathroom was also very clean, with a powerful shower head. Reverse cycle air conditioning did the trick against the chilly winter weather. The mini-bar was adequate (beer, wine and soft drink), although rather pricey ($6.50 for a local beer).

When we returned from our function about 11 pm, the motel could not be seen from Gympie Road as all of the signage had been switched off. A strange decision when other local motels were lit up. We completely missed the turnoff and had to take a significant detour.

Overall, we were satisfied with the accommodation without being overwhelmed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Lismore, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We booked here for one night because we were going to the Entertainment Centre. Lovely people on the telephone and on checkin. Booked a family room which was a little old fashioned, tho clean with comfortable beds. Breakfast left a little to be desired, we were just handed a plate with bacon, scrambled egg and tinned tomatoes. Thought the lady bringing our breakfast was a little rude. "Ive only got 2 hands she said". Were able to help ourselves to the juice coffe toast or cereal.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We chose this motel due to its location (close to Brisbane Entertainment Centre - by the map anyhow).

The price was expensive, but included breakfast. The room had been updated, however sadly for a large room, lacking a microwave or cutlery - something I expected from a motel unit. The bathroom was small, with the toilet in front of the shower, and the shower head being useless - did not feel clean after the shower. You could see where the mould had been painted over, and the skylight was unfortunatley aged and showing.

The breakfast was okay, Juice and coffee, toast, great bacon and sausages, eggs and canned tomatoes. There was also cereal, fruit and yoghurt - but the peaches where in a funny coloured juice so I kept clear of these.

The location suited, however we wouldn't stay again, trying somewhere cheaper next time in a similar location, as I don't feel this was great value for money.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room on the BUSY main road!!! That would be super loud!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
Brisbane International - Virginia
#133 of 157 in Brisbane
Kallangur Motel
Kallangur Motel
#1 of 1 in Kallangur

Been to Carseldine Palms Motel? Share your experiences!