Founda Gardens Apartments
Sapphire Resort(Brisbane)
  • Pool
Jephson Hotel(Brisbane)
View Hotel
All reviewsclose to public transportapartments are spaciouscitybedsfloorwifilift
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We needed a large 2 bedroom self contained apartment close to Wesley Hospital in Auchenflower while my husband was having ongoing treatment and Sheryl and Sharon did not disappoint us in confirming that our large family would be welcomed.
These two wonderful ladies went beyond their duties by helping a family under a lot of stress. Nothing was too much for them to help us out. They gave us lots of advise on the area, easy ways to get around, extra bedding when family arrived unexpectedly and never asked for extra payment. We were informed about places to shop, eat, relax, buses, and much more. We were made to feel more than welcome. Our microwave did not work and when we reported it, Sharon had a new one to us within 10 minutes. The place is very clean, very large for families but also very private. We well recommended a short or long term stay here. And if you are a family with someone in Wesley Hospital, these ladies go out if their way to accommodate you. We would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I found Founda Gardens by default, after enquiring about another property. It looked good on the website and rated well, so we went ahead with the booking for 2 nights. The location was ideal for us, as we were looking for something nice not too far from the QPAC (to see War Horse) which could accommodate our family of four, my recently widowed father and my husband's father. Four bedrooms would have been ideal for us, but we settled for three. Sheryl and Sharon were very pleasant to deal with and helpful via phone and email, and in person. The apartment was very nice, although there were a few things I thought could be improved on for the tariff. There was a problem with the main TV in the lounge room which could not be resolved, despite Sheryl and Sharon trying their utmost. It was important to our visit, as my husband wanted to watch the State of Origin final the following night, on his birthday eve, causing him a great deal of angst. To their credit, Sheryl and Sharon arranged another larger TV by the following afternoon, and saved the day. Positives: location, spacious, nice view, fairly well appointed, 3 bedrooms, nice staff. Negatives: TV not working for the first night, single bed frames not long enough for my 6'4" son, single beds uncomfortable, bedspreads ala budget motel, only lounge seats for four in an apartment for six, ensuite shower not super clean/drain smelly, gauze doors flimsy and dusty, only two sachets of dishwasher powder... However, the good features by far outweighed these minor annoying details.

Room Tip: check details, there may be an apartment more suited to your individual needs...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This was our second visit to Founda Gardens, and it was even better this time. The apartments are still well kept and very clean.
The car stayed in the carpark again as we walked or caught the city cat or bus everywhere. There is now a cafe and 24 hour jetts gym at the end of the street which is good. These apartments are so large and well stocked perfect for a week long stay.
We are looking forward to our next trip to Brisbane and we will be booking at Founda Gardens again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2012

As I was going to be staying for a long period I was looking for an apartment that was spacious and was comfortable.
Founda Gardens ticked both boxes. It's more like a home than a hotel. There plenty of space Comfortable lounges good sized kitchen. Great balcony

The on site staff are extremely friendly and will do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable.

My only complaint would be the dishwasher is a pain to use and could use an update. Also the wifi is extremely over priced and should be free considering the price of the room.

The location is great with easy access to the bus into the city and is excellent if you want to ride a push bike into town as I did every day.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Fieldzy
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I was lucky to find this apartment at short notice, after I had to check out of unsatisfactory accommodation. Most other places were already booked. I ended up with a lovely sub penthouse with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The staff were very helpful and friendly, always willing to help out. Great views of Brisbane and the river, close to Park Rd shops and transport. Very happy lot have found this and will be hopefully staying here again for future trips. The furniture was much nicer than the usual found in serviced apartments, so many have really cheap and uncomfortable lounges or beds, these were lovely. My only minor quibble is the bathrooms were all internal with no natural lighting, but that's the nature of these buildings and more than made up for by the awesome views and wrap around balconies .

Room Tip: I was offered a price reduction without needing to ask
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business