“Lovely Host”
Review of The Collingwood

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brisbane
The Collingwood
Ranked #22 of 62 Brisbane B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The host, Tim and Rachel was extremely friendly and helpful. Stayed in the Given Room. Room was neat, clean and cosy. Thanks for the "7 min" hard boiled egg Tim. Hope you got room keys back :) Definitely a lovely place to stop by in Brisbane :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GumpLim

Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed here recently and found the property to be very luxurious, comfortable and most of all quite! The quite was so welome. Service was very friendly and welcoming and professional, however for the money, I'd like to see a cooked breakfast, given the inclusion of "gourmet breakfast" in the tariff. Will certainly visit again. Thank you or a lovely stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ket72
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I'm usually in Brisbane once a fortnight. My usual hotel in Toowong was unavailable, so tried this on basis of TA reviews. They're right! Easy street parking, almost new and 'built for purpose' with high grade fittings in the smallish room. What jumped out at me were the sheets used. Superb quality. The welcome was genuinely warm, and the breakfast good.
Quibbles? The WiFi was down when I arrived. It came on, but is fairly slow. My room (black and white decor one) has no desk. I'm told the other 3 are so equipped. So I've booked again and look forward to my visit. Booking again is my best measure of satisfaction!

Room Tip: The black & white bedroom has no desk. All others do ( I'm told).
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

I am writing this review on behalf of my parents who visited here and could not speak more highly of it. They had never stayed in a B & B before and for their first experience they felt very spoilt and feel it will be very hard to live up to the high standards set by the Collingwood. From their first point of contact they were treated courteously and efficiently on the phone. On arrival the room was lovely and there was even a place for Dad's 4WD, a space that is hard to find in inner city Brisbane. Breakfast was simple but plentiful and delicious and when they left they felt very special! I won't spoil that surprise for you. Even when they were the only couple staying they were still made to feel special. I really now want to stay there too!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Returning from Rockhampton back to Perth, we took the opportunity to stay overnight in Brisbane in August 2012 and booked The Collingwood after reading reviews on Trip Advisor.

Our day started with receiveing a sms text message confirming our reservation and our approx arrival time. What a lovely touch (all contact details were provided which ensured we had them at our fingertips for our stay) and something we have now implemented in our own business.

We were warmly greeted and assisted with our luggage to our room. The room (Collingwood colours of course -go the pies!!) was spotless and trendy. Bathroom was well appointed, chic and also spotlessly clean.The linen was lovely and the coffee pod machine was a welcome touch.

Breakfast consisted of fresh fruits, cheeses, meats, cereals juice etc-fresh and plentiful. Coffee was made as ordered.

Tim helped us organise our day of exploring Brisbane which included spending several hours browsing the antique shops in Paddington.He provided bus timetables, routes, local information - everything we needed to make sure we saw as much as possible in one day.

Taxi transport to the airport was organised on our behalf and arrived as requested.

Well done Tim and Rachel - you are true professionals. There is nothing we could fault - and we would love to return another day.

Room Tip: We had a black and white room which included a lovely balcony overlooking the front of the property...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Wow! What a delight. The Collingwood is situated around the corner from Latrobe Terrace which is bursting with lovely little shops and cafes. Tim and Rachel are the most accommodating hosts you could come across. They have a great knowledge of the local area and can advise some fantastic restaurants all within walking distance. The suites are so peaceful and beautifully decorated. Walking through the front door is like walking into an oasis of peace and tranqulity - a beautiful lounge with great music in the background is a lovely place to sit and chat or just chill. I couldn't imagine a nicer place to be!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2012

There is nothing I can fault in this delightful B and B. The rooms are imaculate. I slept beautifully. Lovely restaurants within a short walking distance. The hosts are charming. Why on earth would anyone wnat to stay anyhwere else?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business