“Lovely intercity stay - great location”

Spring Hill Central Apartments
Ranked #53 of 127 Speciality Lodging in Brisbane
Redcliffe, Australia
“Lovely intercity stay - great location”
Reviewed 17 December 2012

My two year old and I recently stayed at Spring Hill Central Apartments whilst my husband was admitted to the local hospital. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I would recommend this apartment complex to anyone looking for somewhere clean, friendly and local to the city. The staff there were very helpful and caring, they helped me find my way around the neighbourhood to find quick and easy restaurants and took the time to check in on my husbands progress throughout the week. During a very stressful period of my life, it was nice to receive such good hospitality and assistance to make the nights easier for my son and I.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Sally119, Owner at Spring Hill Central Apartments, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
Thank you Intercity Stay! We are very centrally situated aren't we. Just a short walk to Queen street Mall and Roma Street Parklands, then the Free City Loop Bus to save walking home with all your shopping. We love the feedback, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Spring Hill Central. Sally Scott

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We had a very pleasant experience staying in these apartments and find it hard to believe 'rats' on this property!! The staff on our stays have always been great and friendly. Our bathroom had a pedestal base which I presumed they all had as have our previous rooms. would certainly go back as the position and price very good.

Room Tip: location is important when travelling so easy access to the city and Restaurants, shops etc
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ian M
SpringHillCentral, Owner at Spring Hill Central Apartments, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Thank you Super Stay, you and your company are welcome at Spring Hill Central anytime. We appreicate your words of appreciation and always welcome return visitors and guests at Spring Hill Central, its like family returning for a holiday. Thank you once again.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I booked a 1 bedroom apartment 9 days before checking in but when I arrived was told by the lady at the front desk (Angie) that I had no booking. I argued the fact as I'd booked it with her over the phone, but she then proceeded to tell me to "Go [--] myself, they didn't have a room." I was almost in tears - where else was I going to go?
Her husband, Dean, the son of the duty manager was kind enough to find me a room for that night but they were fully booked after that. When I got into the room it was fine, but al through the night I could hear scratching in the bathroom - at about 3am I got up to see what it was and then were two rats under the sink. I slammed the door of the bathroom shut and put a towel along the door (I didn't know what else to do!).
As it turns out, it was to my benefit they were fully booked (although the damage was already done overnight) as when I checked out the next day and checked into another hotel in the city, I had bites all over my legs and my back.
I told the front desk about the rats and she said it was impossible and was I sure? I just stood there looking at her with my mouth gaping open. When the bites eventually showed up, I was too embarrassed to tell them about the bed bugs.
I don't mind if hotels are basic, but clean should be a pre requisite!
Totally ruined my stay of Brisbane and I can only hope people have a better experience than I did.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank A W
AW is a Travel Agent who has never stayed at SHCA. This report is fradulent. At SHCA there are no cupboards under the bathroom sinks, they are all pedestal wash basins and if AW had stayed at SHCA she would know that. This alone proves that this person has never set foot nor stayed at SHCA. Our apartments are clean and tidy, well maintained and there definitely are no rats nor bed bugs at our establishment. AW did not book her client correctly by faxing the charge back sheet with credit card details, clients details etc. When client arrived for his 2 night stay we only had 1 night available. We explained to the guest and offered him the one night which he took and complimented us on our courtesy, helpfulness and as he had flown for hours, he was tired and appreciated us accommodating him for the night. My front office manager contacted AW and this lady used the 'F' bom word to my front office manager, ranted and raved and was most unprofessional. No hotel anywhere in the world will hold a booking without a credit card or charge back details. We are still waiting for the nights accommodation to be paid by the company as well. We are a small family run business providing exceptional customer service, well maintained clean and tidy Brisbane CBD accommodation and are shocked at the unprofessionalism of this person. As we have dealt with this company on many occassions we dont personally feel this is the companies normal procedures and this person is being reported to her company.
Northern Territory, Australia
Reviewed 17 December 2011

The apartments are roomy, comfortable and clean.

Everything here you would need at a cheaper price than a hotel. The location is ideal. There are plenty of restaurants and coffee shops, pharmacy, post office and 7/11 store just around the corner. We enjoyed dining at the restaurants close by.

The free Spring Hill loop city bus stops right outside the door, and will drop you at the door of the hospitals nearby, and close to the Queen St Mall.

We requested an early check in and were cheerfully welcomed by Max at 6.30am.

Look no further. This place is great.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank steddies
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Apartment spacious and fairly well equipped although one 3 seater settee in an apartment for 4 people was a little limiting. The place needed a bit of TLC - curtain rails needed sorting out, the 2 chairs on the balcony were both broken and our tin opener was in pieces. Luckily we had an understanding neighbour who lent us hers!
There was no info about how to connect to the internet in the room and we couldn't manage to find anyone on reception or answering the phone. As a consequence we had to find a cafe with wi-fi to get connected!
A free bus leaves from directly outside the apartment block which was handy although we tended to walk down into the shopping area as it only took 15 mins or so.
Roma Street Parkland is very close by and is a fantastic space. beautiful gardens and always something going on - well worth a visit.
The area is dead on Saturday and Sunday being part of the business district - virtually all the local cafes and restraurants were closed. However, there was hardly any traffic around which meant some peace and quiet!!

Room Tip: try to get a room away from the main road
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 May 2011

We stayed here for a couple of nights in May with some friends. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment. We got a good deal on line so the price was good - very reasonable. The apartments are located in Spring Hill which is not far from the city. We arrived on our flight very early - and unfortunately there was no early checkin available- plus the office hours are only 830. Luckily we had some friends - so stayed at theirs whilst we waited til checkin time. The apartment itself was very large and spacious! 2 very large bedrooms - large living area and kitchen. The only downside was I found the apartment quite dusty!

Location is great - has a loop bus that goes regularly monday to friday into the city and stops at queen street which is very handy. It is only a 10 minn walk from central station which is also great. On weekends though you may have to walk into the city as there is no bus!

Max the manager was very helpful and instructed us about good places for food and also how to get around. I would recommend this place if you are going for a few days and need a cheap, comfortable option with no frills near the city.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Had a few nights here just before the easter weekend and got a good deal from Max.
The place is quite roomy and situated on a quiet street, one of the big bonuses is that right outside the front door you can get the free loop bus into the city centre.
Max who runs the place is very friendly and very helpfull this is a nice touch.
Only complaint was that there was a lack of kitchen utensils for cooking.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple