“Excellent place to stay in the Brisbane CBD”

Spring Hill Central Apartments
Ranked #48 of 129 Speciality Lodging in Brisbane
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent place to stay in the Brisbane CBD”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in a very clean, well equipped and spacious two bedroom apartment on the 4th floor (Unit 411).

Advantages - Clean and well equipped; Lift access to secured carparks, medical centre and Boundary Road; and excellent, safe location on the southern side of Boundary Road: 15 minute walk to the CBD or Storey Bridge, 5 minute walk to Roma Street Gardens, The apartments are above a post office, medical centre and pharmacy, opposite the dept of transport, next to a hospital and surrounded by convenience stores, restaurants and the International Hotel which has a great microbrewery. We discovered that we had direct street level access to Fortesque St via the central courtyard. From our northern facing balcony, we could see the northern half of the Storey bridge at the end of the street and being a private space, it was easy to dry our washing.

Disadvantages (only minor - we'd happily stay there again) - Travelling with small children, it was difficult getting all of our luggage from the secured carpark to the lift and then from the lift to the apartment as there are several self locking security doors that needed to be negotiated and luggage trolleys were not provided. Had we known earlier, we would have parked the car on Fortesque St to unpack and used the side gate of the main courtyard. Traffic noise was not an issue, however, occasionally the children were woken by the noise of other residents using the stairs to the above apartments or the recycling bin, which were both located outside our front door. No free wifi or ethernet connection.

Room Tip: Be aware that the units higher than the 4th floor do not appear to have lift access, so check with t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank M D
SpringHillCentral, Owner at Spring Hill Central Apartments, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
MD
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Spring Hill Central Apartments. It is gratifying to be told all our hard work and persistence is paying off and you our travelling guest enjoyed your stay with us. Yes 411 is one of the many great layouts for our 2 bed 2 bath apartments. They are very spacious. Our cleaning team are also one of our greatest assets, Juavelle works hard with her little team making sure everything is to managements standard. We do hope we see you when next you travel to Brisbane whether it is for pleasure or business, we accommodate all travellers.

Kind regards

Sally Scott
Manager

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
FNQ
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Spring Hill Central Apartments was the perfect place to stay while in Brisbane for medical treatment. It's an easy walk from Central Station and close to all the specialists and hospitals so very easy to get from appointment to appointment. It's also a pleasant walk into the CBD and Southbank so there's plenty to do to keep family occupied. Being so close to the Roma St parkland is a real bonus - a pleasant walk for the recuperating and plenty of run-around space for the kids to let off steam. There's a well-stocked superette, bakery, pharmacy, post-office and lots of eateries nearby so there's no need to venture far if you don't want to. The apartment we had was quiet, spacious, spotlessly clean and very well appointed. The well-equipped kitchenette and laundry made catering and washing easy. The service was friendly and helpful and we really appreciated the flexibility to extend our stay when we were uncertain how long I needed to remain in Brisbane. Hopefully I won't have to visit all those doctors again but if I ever do I know where I'll be staying.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
SpringHillCentral, Owner at Spring Hill Central Apartments, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Great to see you arrived home safely Amanda, there is no place like home is there. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor, we pride ourselves on providing good clean accommodation for all our travellors whether they are families visiting the medical specialists and hospitals all around SHCA or if your the business travellor coming to Brisbane on business. Our apartments are that home away from home while here. As a small family run business we go that extra mile for our customers who end up becoming friends. We have a lot of repeat 'friends' who visit us yearly or as some do, several times a year and we try our best to make their stay fuss free. Your kind words hopefully will help another hospital visitor make their choise of accommodation during their visits at one of the many medical establishments around us. We at SHCA wish you a speedy recovery and remember, you are most welcome to come and stay with us again when on holidays or business.
Sally Scott
Director/Owner
Buderim, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I came across Spring Hill Central Apartments while doing a search for accomodation near St Andrews Hospital while a family member was having surgery. Upon arrival we were shown around by Ange who was extremely polite and helpful. To our surprise she had upgraded us at no extra cost to a 2 bed apartment. The rooms overlooked a quiet street and were lovely, clean and comfortable. During our stay Ange & Dean went out of their way to accomodate our needs at short notice as we had to extend our stay on a daily basis depending on the condition of family member. What was supposed to be a 2 night stay ended up being 10. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they even found us 2 car parking spaces in the undercover, secure car park for our cars which I really appreciated as it saved me a lot of money from hospital parking fees.
The location is fantastic, only 2 minutes walk to St Andrews Hospital and plenty of mini supermarkets, restaurants, Dominos Pizza, Subway, Thai etc right nearby. If you get the chance try the gourmet deli directly across from St Andrews it is delicious. A bus stop is directly out the front of the apartments offering every 10mins free trips to the CBD and back. During non hospital visiting times we would jump on and go directly to Queen St Mall. I cannot express my appreciation enough to Ange & Dean for making what was a very stressful time so much easier. The facilities, location and personal service are so good that we will now be booking all our future work business accomodation here rather than a hotel room in the city.

Room Tip: We loved the apartment on the corner as we hardly had to use the airconditioner with all the windows...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank feljay
SpringHillCentral, Owner at Spring Hill Central Apartments, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Feljay, it is our policy to make your stay at Spring Hill Central Apartments the most satisfying stay that we can.
We know if you have a loved one in St Andrews you will be in a stressed and concerned state and we try very hard to make things like check in or extensions as fuss free as is possible.

We are a very secure complex, but we understand 'secure' sometimes makes things confusing when your mind is somewhere else; with our St Andrews customers it usually is with your loved ones journey so our policy is to show you personally how to navigate all our area and how to use the security options at Spring Hill Central.

Thank you for your kind words about Dean and Ange, we a a family business and we all work hard to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Sally Scott Director Spring Hill Central
Boyne Island, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We came across the Spring Hill Central Apartments on the internet & upon our arrival found the apartment to be very pleasing. Ange took care of our booking needs with absolute ease & great nature. I would highly recommend this property to others looking for accomnmodation in Brisbane. The quality of room & service combined with the close proximity to the CBD will keep us coming back in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
SpringHillCentral, Owner at Spring Hill Central Apartments, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Thank you Graham T for your kind words. We will always do our best to have a unit for any of your return visits to Brisbane. We love welcoming our last guest home to Spring Hill Central while you are visiting Brisbane. Many thanks Sally Scott
Emerald, Australia
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We came across Spring Hill Central Apartments, via google. Our first stay at Spring Hill was in April, 2012. We drove about 10-11 hrs to Brisbane, and was so happy that Ange Scott made it possible to check us in, even though the office was not open on Sundays. She greeted us well and made us feel welcome.

We were so happy to stay at Spring Hill as it was closer to Dominos Pizza, bread shop, and also IGA, which is now changed to Foodworks. There's also Subway on the other side of Spring Hill, plus a great restaurant at the back of Subway. During our 2nd visit in Dec, we got some yummy food from the Thai Baan food downstairs.

Our 2nd visit to Brisbane, we chose Spring Hill, because we know Ange. After calling her that we will be arriving Bris, she made no hesitation but to take us in. I explained to her that there will be 7 of us staying, and she's more than happy to help. We made this booking for this Christmas 2012 back in October the same year, and Ange was able to get us a room. I didn't know that she had gotten us a room with more space, to meet the amount of people staying. She also greeted us on arrival Dec 23, and made us feel welcome.

Our stay during Christmas, it was fun. Ange was able to help out when I messaged her about 7am about our oven not working. She took me to another unit where I can use the oven, but because her husband Dean was able to turn on the oven for me, I don't need to go. I was able to bake our ham in time for Christmas lunch. My brother was also visiting us from Sydney, and he was able to spend Christmas day having lunch with us and then caught a train to the Gold Coast. He was able to walk to the train station as it was only a few mins awat. My other bro and his fam also visited from Niue, and they were able to have Christmas lunch with us in our unit. My brothers can't believe we're living in a bigger unit, with heaps of space. I told them it's because I know Ange from our first visit, that we don't hesitate to return to Spring Hill.

Spring Hill Central Apartments has a lot to offer, where it's closer to the Post Shop, the ATM across the road on Boundary Street, Dominos Pizza, Foodworks, Bread Shop, restaurant etc. We also enjoyed the free loop bus to the city, and enjoyed walking to the city to do things. There's also a taxi stand on Fortescue Street.

I would personally like to thank Ange for her help. Also like to thank Sally for not rushing us out on Sunday 30 Dec, on our check out. She told me to take our time, and we don't need to leave exactly at 10am, because the cleaners have about 3-4 rooms to clean before our one. I know that Spring Hill have great service, and we will definitely recommend this place to others. We will definitely return to Spring Hill in the near future.

Thanks again Ange, Sally, and not forgetting Dean for helping with our oven, much appreciated. Keep up the great service. Happy customer, Rosemarie . T.

Room Tip: Picking a room will be an individual choice. The only advise I can give is that when you're goi...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosemarie583
SpringHillCentral, Owner at Spring Hill Central Apartments, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Fantastic review Rosemarie, we ar delighted you have enjoyed your family get together at Spring Hill Central. We aim to give exceptional customer service each and every time and to get such a positive review from you and your family proves all our hard work is worth it. Thank you very much. We look forward to your next trip to Brisbane so we can once again welcome you to our home away from home, Spring Hill Central Apartments.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Our youngest daughter was married recently, the bride and brides maids stayed at Spring Hill Central on the night before the wedding and then the newly weds stayed there on the wedding night. They had a great stay, they absolutely loved the room and facilities. The room was spacious clean and very well maintained, was very well fitted out and had everything.
Angie and Dean were very polite and accomodating. I have no problem recommending Spring Hill Central to anyone who wants a clean comfortable place to stay in the heart of Brisbane.
Thanks guys
PS : No cupboard under the sink and not a bug in sight.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank graham p
Sally119, Owner at Spring Hill Central Apartments, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
Thank you 'wedding' we lov getting such nice feedback from our happy customers. We wish the lovely couple a wondrous wedded bliss for the rest of their days. The wedding party did look very nice when they departed Spring Hill Central on their special day. Thanks again and we hope to welcome the bride and groom (and of course the extended family) back year after year fr Dir anniversary, maybe! Merry Christmas also, it's only 5 more sleeps. Sally Scott
Redcliffe, Australia
Reviewed 17 December 2012

My two year old and I recently stayed at Spring Hill Central Apartments whilst my husband was admitted to the local hospital. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I would recommend this apartment complex to anyone looking for somewhere clean, friendly and local to the city. The staff there were very helpful and caring, they helped me find my way around the neighbourhood to find quick and easy restaurants and took the time to check in on my husbands progress throughout the week. During a very stressful period of my life, it was nice to receive such good hospitality and assistance to make the nights easier for my son and I.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you Intercity Stay! We are very centrally situated aren't we. Just a short walk to Queen street Mall and Roma Street Parklands, then the Free City Loop Bus to save walking home with all your shopping. We love the feedback, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Spring Hill Central. Sally Scott