“A special place for a special occasion!”

Spicers Balfour Hotel
Ranked #6 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Attended a surprise 50th birthday celebration in the restaurant and stayed overnight. The service was excellent, the roof top bar (where the surprise was revealed) was spectacular. The food in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast was heavenly. The staff were friendly and attentive. Definitely intend to return in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were warmly welcomed by their very friendly and efficient staff and taken on a quick tour of the premises. Rooms whilst small are very cleverly designed and extremely comfortable, especially the bed! Located in an inner city suburb it is within close walking distance to a variety of restaurants and shops.

A gift my the kidlets, just one night, but oh so relaxing. Package included a 2 course meal, so we ate in! The menu choice was excellent, and we had some difficulty in making a decision, but we chose well .. it was absolutely delicious. Could not fault the first two courses, so naturally we over indulged and had 3 :D.

Breakfast was to die for .. again we over indulged, but hey we were on a break!

Would recommend for a couple or a single looking for somewhere quiet, relaxing and intimate.

BTW there is a rooftop terrace with bar that overlooks the city, great views at night. We enjoyed out pre dinner drinks and canapes here (included in tariff).

Room Tip: Rooms are small but practical Parking is tight but ok No fridge in room, although there is one up...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed for one night recently and definitely intend to return. Even though Spicers are growing their business, their is nothing production 'chain' about their properties, apart from quiet, consistent, excellence.

The rooms are lovely, quality throughout including the bath/shower mats, best yet! Nice thick and fluffy. Bed was dreamy, no expense spared. LOVED the on tap cold water and boiling water. There is no fridge, however, I didn't miss it at all, and there is one immediately outside the room.

Dinner was spot on, the Sous Chef did a wonderful job of the scallops they were perfectly cooked, salad delightfully fresh, and dressed. Maria and Kirsten did a great job of entertaining me as I was dining on my own, both passionate about customer service. Alex was quick witted, engaging, and totally dedicated to making sure my stay was nothing less than perfect, nothing seemed too much trouble.

This boutique hotel has a feel for me of my home away from home. I felt thoroughly comfortable and relaxed, there was no snobbish haughtiness, yet had flair, style, and class.

Most definitely recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
GM_Spicershotels, General Manager at Spicers Balfour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear msqMackay

Your review made our day. Alex, Maria, Yassa and Kirsten really enjoyed your kind feedback.
I am happy you enjoyed your stay and what we have on offer. I always say that the personable touch of our team that is unpretentious is what separates us from the rest. We really enjoy the property and love to share her with our guest, our guest always becomes part of the family that creates the homely feeling instilled in our properties foundation.

We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews, and am glad I did. It's worth noting that the rooms are tiny, even the terrace suite; however, they are very cleverly designed and perfectly comfortable for two adults. The food is excellent, and the rooftop bar provides a beautiful view of downtown. I loved the Nespresso coffee maker in the room (yes, I am addicted), and the one night we booked the terrace suite, we ate our breakfast there amidst parrots and greenery. The hotel also booked car service for us to and from the airport, which worked perfectly and was reasonably priced. The staff is warm and personable, and truly helpful. And walking around the charming neighborhood is delightful

Room Tip: Remember the rooms are small but smartly designed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mary M

Thank you for your lovely feedback. Our designers worked hard on the layout of our rooms and I am glad you notice all the “little” touches.
Simla, the newest edition to Spicers Balfour Hotel should be open in the next 12 months with an additional eight suites. This will give our guests the opportunity to stay in the best of both worlds, intimate or spacious. We will keep you posted on the opening date.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was invited to Spicers for a 90th - a high tea in the courtyard. Everything was absolutely "spot on". I had a quick look around and it looked all of 5 star and then some. I sent some pics of the roof deck to some Melbourne "roof deck bar" junkies - and I am sure I will get a glowing report...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
GM_Spicershotels, General Manager at Spicers Balfour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear F Carroll

Thank you for your feedback, I am happy you enjoyed your high tea. We pride ourselves on only choosing the very best for our high tea`s and make a difference when every component is freshly made. We hope to see you soon for Breakfast or Dinner on our Queenslanders Veranda.
Have a lovely week

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This little boutique gem is located in an inner city suburb within walking distance of some lovely shops and restaurants. From the initial greeting until you leave you will find the staff charming and efficient. Breakfast is amazing, and so is dinner. The rooms are wonderful as is the roof top bar. It is one of those places you don't want to leave but when you do you stay delighted with it. If you prefer intimacy to multi story blandness this is the first choice in Brisbane,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Spicershotels, General Manager at Spicers Balfour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Groucho

My team and I are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your feedback. We always say that our guests become part of the family as this is a home away from home and your feedback is really what drives my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Spicers Balfour Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We enjoyed all aspects of this visit. Alice is such a great ambassador for the hotel as she is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and professional. All the other staff were fantastic too. The rooms are beautiful and chic but practical. The surrounding area is great and the restaurant recommendations were spot on. We were only here for two nights and wished we had stayed longer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank p0rtia
GM_Spicershotels, General Manager at Spicers Balfour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear P0rtia

Thank you for your lovely review, you made Alice`s day.

Please let us know when you are planning your next trip that we can look after you again. It was a real pleasure to host you and I am happy you enjoyed our property.

Best Wishes