“Great Turkish food”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Great Turkish food”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Maddos is one of my favourate places to eat in Brisbane after a day at the South Bank lagoon with the kids. Lovely authentic Turkish food and decorations, good portion sizes and friendly staff - can't go wrong!

• Visited February 2014

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best Turkish Restaurant in Brisbane”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This place was great,kebabs, rice, salads and some seriously good entrees. We got the banquet and there was a ton of food - all delicious. Will definitely be back - highly recommended. Belly dancer was terrific!! as always

1 Thank selinnn1912
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An authentic turkish restaurant!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I came to visit Mado with high expectations, many recommendations from friends at work, and I'm delighted to say my expectations were met by far! The lamb cutlets I ordered were cooked perfectly and the portion big enough to keep me full all afternoon. I had a taste of the Adana kebab, a must if you like spicy food! We had a persian waitress giving remarkable service, always smiling and having an eye at our table at all times. The manager came and we had a laugh, truly making us feel comfortable and pleased. Our glasses were never empty. We finished off with delicious turkish coffee and apple shisha. The whole experience was as if we went to Turkey, and I will definitely come visit next time I'm at South Bank.

1 Thank Jasmin K
“quick and tasty”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We arrived early on a Saturday night for a pre-theatre dinner without a booking - not a problem! The meals arrived within minutes but tasted fresh and yummy (generous portions), the house wine was very nice and the service was efficient and pleasant. Seemed family-friendly and we really enjoyed the toddler's show - for those that wouldn't, you can always have a later dinner.
Will definitely be coming back.
Just one suggestion for improvement - the fluorescent shade of lighting meant we didn't get that lovely Turkish ambiance we were expecting, and for a first date could be a bit freaky!

Melbourne, Australia
“Will return!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Charming restaurant, with good hospitality, excellent fresh, delicious food. Thoroughly enjoyable! Sitting outside I felt like I could've been on the Mediterrannean somewhere. Great ambience, relaxing and the good doesn't disappoint.