“Outstanding ”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Popped in after meetings for a dinner. I was so impressed with the quality of the food and very pleasant, attentive service. I wish I could enjoy this place as a local. The roasted backstrap of lamb was sensational. I travel all over the world and this is one restaurant to enjoy. Thanks to Libertine for a great meal. John

4  Thank John Y

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We are so impressed with Libertine that we have eaten there about 10 times this year.
The food is different and wonderful accompanied with a great wine list.
Great welcoming staff and we’re already looking forward to next visit.

3  Thank mmatheson
Reviewed 3 September 2018

We were delighted to be invited to join a good friend on her birthday lunch at a restaurant we heard good things about. The soul-mate and I entered into a venue channelling the opulence of a French colonial bordello, Libertine’s indoor dining room is a sophisticated setting for any event, stylishly lit thanks to glamorous chandeliers reflected by ornate mirrors and pressed metal ceilings.

The extensive menu of Vietnamese style ''Street Food'' led us to try a 7-COURSE SHARED BANQUET for $65pp to get an overall sample of their versatile culinary culture. I must say the service was spot on in timing the courses one-by-one so as not to cause a pile-up on the table. Annoyingly, Our first glass of Pinot Wine had lost its bouquet at $9 a glass and had to be sent back.

Firstly, the BEEF SAN CHOI BAO was a bowl of flavourless mince with a very hot sauce and a chunk of iceberg lettuce for us to separate into cups. My wife commented: ''Öh my....is my mother out in the kitchen cooking?'' Then came their version of a ''spring roll'' (4 rolls of 4 cm of pork mince with a ''tail'' of pastry with sweet chilli sauce). There was the 2 ''roast'' BBQ Duck slivers on a palm-sized crepe. The stir-fried chicken dish had whole raw Brussel sprouts (hard as a rock) and broccoli with hard-to-find chlcken and ''Voila"; a tasty sauce. The papaya salad was nicely presented but the dressing was squeezed around it, not on it. And lastly, a platter of just tasty sliced lamb backstrap came on its own. Dessert was brandied Creme Brulee.

To add insult t injury, since our birthday girl told us we would get the first 2 hours of parking Free...Not True. That's only if you go to the cinemas, so our long lingering lunch of 4 hours cost us $24 ! So all up this experience cost us $181.50. Very disappointing !

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Fantastic service the wait staff were incredibly friendly and made us feel so welcome. Food was delicious and the ambiance was wonderful. parking is easy there as well - a really great night. we'll be back.

1  Thank michaelz128
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

My husband chose to have Father’s Day lunch here this year before going on to the football at Suncorp. We all thoroughly enjoyed the banquet for $45 each. Great mix of food and we were all very full afterwards. The springrolls were delicious as was the crisp duck in soft tacos and the creme brûlée. Not our first visit here and won’t be our last. Libertine never disappoints. Service is also fast and wait staff friendly and attentive.

1  Thank kjens27