“For lovers of Korean BBQ”
Review of Red & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Red & Grill
Cuisines: Korean
Description: Http://www.brissy.com.au/forum/menu-red-grill-brisbane-t172523.html?s=2f686224119538a2f98fad9bda90739b&
Noosa Heads
“For lovers of Korean BBQ”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

On 27 July 2013 we had dinner at the Red & Grill. Korean BBQ is very popular in Asia and when we entered we were the only none Asians. That is always a good indication that the food and price is good. The place was packed. We ordered Pork and Kobe Beef for our BBQ. All side dishes and soup is included in the price and the meat is grilled at your table. Wine is BYO and service was excellent. Tasted just like in Korea.

• Visited July 2013

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Burnt my mouth because i couldn't wait”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I had the bugolgi and seafood tofu soup as i was ravenous after a long run. One soup would not be enough for me. The prices are reasonable and though the staff have difficulties with English, they are very accommodating and helpful. Will be back when i am in Brissy next.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Food is average, poor customer service”
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited this restaurant last week and I must say that we were not impressed at all. The waitress who took our order was very unfriendly, hardly spoke and did not smile whatsoever. We ordered a coke with our food order but didn't see a sight of the beverage. We were served some tap water with the meal so we didn't bother chasing for it. They have a buzzer on the end of the table if we needed service and I must say that I had to press the buzzer a few times before one of the waitresses came over. I have also noticed a couple of tables beside us having the same problem too. It felt like they were understaffed although the restaurant was only just over half full.
We shared one of the BBQ platters for our main which was quite nice but wouldn't say it was anything special as some of the meats were quite bland (although it did come with dipping sauces). The meal came with a few side dishes which were ok. I usually love Korean food but I did not come out of the restaurant feeling satisfied at all.
Overall, the service could be a lot better, maybe they need to employ some more staff, friendly ones that is.. From reading some of the below comments, fair enough if english wasn't their first language but a smile would have been nice. I wouldn't want to visit this restaurant again unless I was short of options. It's a shame as this restaurant at first impressions looked very appealing and had the right setting for a great atmosphere.

Brisbane, Australia
“Great night out”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This place was packed the night I went out with a customer of mine for a last minute meal and a few too many coldies.

I have eaten in a few different Korean BBQ places, 2 in Japan and 2 here including Red and Grill.
This place was as good as any I have tried and the service was attentive and we had a fun night drinking Asahi,( the Korean beer we tried was pretty disappointing)

I have been back since and found it as good as the first time.

Try the Wagyu platter it is soft and well suited to grilling.
We had the pork belly as well as the side dishes that come out with the platter.

Great social way to eat out.

• Visited September 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I haven't tried many Korean grills in Brisbane but I daresay this place is top notch! I love everything on their menu. Except the drinks, it tastes and looks half-hearted.

I have heard many complaints about the servers discriminating patrons who are not Korean, I did not have this trouble at all. The main issue was trying to communicate with them with their limited English - which may give the impression to people that they are discriminating as they seem to communicate fine with the Korean patrons.

Visited September 2011