“Racist policies”

Ranked #9 of 96 Dessert in Brisbane
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was shocked to find out this place and all its chains give money to Israeli terrorists in the Apartheid state of Israeli. For humanity don't come here as your money will be used to torture and kill. There's so many nice places in Brisbane to have some lovely chocolate, lets spend our money on places which respect human rights :) Thankyou

3  Thank MYate

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great variety of chocolate! Wonderful experience! There always seemed to be a long line, but it was worth the wait.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I think I missed something here - the place was packed - and I had the most average hot chocolate experience of my life... Great location, great fitout but missed the mark for me. South Bank has some better venues for food and drink.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

When I hear the words "Chocolate Bar", mouth-watering, deliciously dirty-chocolatey eat-til-you're-sick scenarios come to mind. Unfortunately, ignoring the poor service, long wait and unreasonable prices, what we were served was average. The hot chocolates barely consisted of a few meagre sips, and were luke warm. The crepes were okay, but you can get okay crepes anywhere. The waffles were stale. Tried to buy some chocolates as a gift for my aunt and we waited around for about 15 minutes before being helped by a rushed and lippy waitress. My advice? Save your cash, time and taste buds, and head straight onto a proper restaurant, and get the same quality treats ,if not better, for dessert after a good, hearty meal.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Can't even count the number of times I've been to Max Brenner - at least 20 times! First things first, there will always be a wait... I've only been there two or three times (at odd times of the day) when I haven't had to line up. The record is 45 minutes waiting to order at Southbank at about 9:00pm on a Saturday night. Bit of a mood killer but worth the wait if you want a chocolate hit!

Yes it's expensive but the novelty and quality is so worth it. My personal favourite is the tutti frutti waffles - great texture and goes well with the delicious chocolate ice cream. I've also had the souffle (very very chocolatey) and the strawberry lick which is a bit lighter! Classic milk hot chocolate is great for me, not too heavy with the waffles. But if you want something heavier go for the italian hot chocolate!

Service is variable but for the most part it comes out pretty quickly after it's made. You may not always get a seat so I recommend having one of your party take a seat while you line up to wait. All in all a great experience, I would particularly recommend it to tourists visiting Brisbane! :)