“Perfect”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I cannot understand the negative comments on here.Maybe they were just unlucky. 4 of us went last Thursday and were amazed at the quality of food and service. Expensive? No more so than the rest of the restaurants on the South Bank strip. Personally, I started with clams - a huge bowl with toasted bread, almost enough for a main and beautifully cooked. I had the snapper for main - melt in the mouth delicious and was too full for desert but had coffee. Offered lovely hot oshibori towel. Wait staff were friendly, casual and helpful and not over pushy. I couldn't fault it, and no Im not a friend or family member of the owner, just a regular diner

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

The worst meal I have ever paid for. Ordered the special Pasta the owner recommend. When it came out as small entree size meal. Supposed to be main. Only consolation was it was so salty I could not eat it. Then paid to find out why he didn't give the price of $35 for the smallest worst tasting meal I have ever had.
My advice. Go to a road house get a much nicer meal at a fraction of the price.

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Too expensive for what you get. Our children got Scotch fillet and salmon as mains and they were $38 each but I couldn't believe that mine and my husband's plates (actually half plates) of pasta which were over salty cost $35 each and a cob loaf was $12. The pasta was one of their specials. Special price I guess.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We dined at lunch time while entertaining friends from Canada. The service was excellent from start to finish. The food was superb tasting and just the right amount - not too much or too little. We chose to sit at one of their covered outside tables, which was just as good as the indoor tables, with linen tablecloths. Although it was raining during our visit, we did not get wet and it was a good vantage point for our visitors to admire the Southbank scenery. This is not the cheapest restaurant at Southbank but is certainly great value for money.This occasion was our first visit to this restaurant, but it won't be our last!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Maybe because we were part of a large group, the quality of the food wasn't as good as times we have dined as a small group (eg 4 people). Our main meal was salmon with a couple beetroot chips on top and some sliced snow peas underneath - that was it! I asked for side dishes but told that was what was on offer. Other than that, the staff were good and food was served in a timely manner. Dessert was lovely - a semi freddo with caramel type nuts - yumm