“Great restaurant ”

Price range: £8 - £26
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The recently refurbished Port Office Dining Room is open for lunch and dinner, Monday to Saturday from 11.30am till late. The menu showcases a refreshing modern take on Australian gastro-pub food featuring fresh seasonal produce supporting Australian farmers with subtle European and Scottish influences.
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Visited this restaurant on a Friday night and had an excellent meal, our waiter sorry I forgot his name was very good.
We had 2 starters between 4 and 2 of us had wagyu steak specials and the other couple had the rump steak share.
All were cooked to perfection and had real flavour.we shared a cheese and another desert. 2 bottles of wine and after dinner drinks.
The price is high $430 between 4 but as a special occasion it was very good.
Overall a good restaurant was busy, service was good and attentive, and I would visit again.

Date of visit: June 2016
Paul J, General Manager at Port Office Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2016

Hello PeteF4

Superb! Such a pleasure reading your glowing review of our restaurant. Our award-winning steaks really do hit the mark.

So happy to hear of your fantastic dining experience - and very much look forward to welcoming you back to Fix Restaurant.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Went here to celebrate a special evening with my partner. The restaurant was very pleasant, quiet and relaxing. I had the pork cutlet and my partner had the lamb shoulder. Both perfect. If you get Lola as your waitress you're in luck! She was so beautiful, attentive and friendly. Such a great night and will definitely be back.

Date of visit: June 2016
Paul J, General Manager at Port Office Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Hi Liz M

Love the title :) we may have to use that one!!

So glad to hear of your dining experience - and I'll be sure to pass on the great feedback re: Lola to our restaurant manager.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Fix Restaurant.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

This was definitely the best meal we had on our recent Brisbane trip. We decided to forgo entrees so as to have room for dessert. We both opted for the specials with my husband having the Wagyu steak, cooked to perfection; and the Snapper fillet for me, also beautifully cooked. Dessert was the cheese for him, and warm banana pudding for me, awesome on both counts, and we finished with liqueur coffees. Thank you to your great chef for our wonderful meal.
Now on to our waiter, Nathan. I had read of him in other reviews and he is the best. Nathan knows the menu and the wines well, and was able to discuss in detail and answer our questions to help us with making choices from the excellent offerings. He was attentive without being overly so, knowing just when to be there, a rare skill. Such a very amiable and entertaining personality, every restaurant should have a Nathan, it was great to be able to have a chat and a laugh with him. Thank you Nathan from the English couple from Adelaide for helping to make our evening out so perfect.

Morning LollyW27

Such a pleasure reading your glowing review of Fix Restaurant. What a way to start off the week. So happy to hear that your food and whole dining experience was at this quality. Yes, I receive so many glowing review regarding the fantastic service Nathan provides to our diners so I'm pleased you were able to experience this :) I'll be sure to pass this onto the restaurant manager. Very glad to hear we could contribute to your Brisbane trip is such a positive way.

Look forward to welcoming you back on your next Brisbane trip :)

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Service was excellent. Food was first class. Quality fit out. Wine selection top shelf. Ask for Lola as waitress, helpful and attentive.

Thank you Len M.

Really appreciate the time to provide your feedback :)

Look forward to welcoming you back to Fix Restaurant.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

My partner and I went out for his birthday to this restaurant. This was our first visit. We booked in advance online, and left a note that said we would like to have birthday cake for dessert, asking if it was okay to bring one along. We did not hear anything from them saying this was inappropriate or not allowed, however on arrival it was clear they did not read my note on the booking. As we were being seated I handed the cake and candles to the Maitre'd and he asked me if it was a present for him. I clarified that I had left a note with my booking about bringing cake, he proceed to check the computer and read my note. He then told me in an extremely condescending tone of voice, that he hoped I could appreciate that this establishment is a restaurant and as such they make money from people buying their food. I obviously looked confused because he went on to clarify that due to this reason he would be charging me a cake fee. I obviously didn't mind being charged a fee, as we wanted birthday cake as it was a birthday we were celebrating, but the manner in which he told me was confrontational and rude. Not a good way to start our romantic dinner, put me in a bad mood for the rest of the evening. The waiter we had was completely fantastic, his service and attention to us was completely above our expectations. The food was overall very good, the oysters were a highlight, however my steak arrived quite cold.

1  Thank Sarah G
Paul J, General Manager at Port Office Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Morning Sarah G

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I'm very happy of the highlights from your partner's birthday.

And I am regretful to hear of your experience on arrival.

We do have a cakeage fee if you aren't to use the dessert provided by the restaurant and that is more than fine for guests to bring in their cakes. Unfortunately on this occasion the information wasn't relayed correctly. Terrible sorry to hear of your initial experience at the restaurant and that it left you in a bad mood for the rest of your dinner.

We are currently reviewing the situation and the procedure in which the information is relayed.

I do hope you will return so that we can provide a fantastic dining experience.