“Great for business or pleasure!”

Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La
Ranked #34 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“Great for business or pleasure!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed for two nights for a business meeting at a nearby hotel. I chose the hotel because I was using the Transit Centre and I also needed a room with a desk for work. I requested a high floor and room that was river facing and this was honoured - impressive! Room was spotless and had everything I needed from toothbrush to kettle for an in-room hot drink. I really liked the extra table, armchair and chaise, a great addition. I used the room for business all day and put a "Private please" sign on the door handle - I was not disturbed once. I left at 3pm for the meeting and arrived back at 5:30pm and my room had been made up, exceeding my expectations! Only problem was my bath mat was replaced by a hand towel and the face cloth/washer was never replaced. Not too much of a problem and it was my last night anyway. Breakfast was great with coffee machine and juicer. Had a good selection of hot food, pastries and bread, fruit, cereal and yoghurt. Even had an Asian Cuisine section. I had breakfast on Thursday morning and it was really quiet with a great atmosphere - so much better than croweded buffets with a lot of children. Will stay again!

Room Tip: I asked for a river facing room and didnt hear a single train!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cincinnati
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We got to the hotel from our international flight at 7:30 am. Check in isn't until 2 but they said no problem they had a room ready for us. That was such a relief Bc all I wanted to do was shower and I didn't want to pay for a whole night for just a few hours. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was friendly and helpful when we had questions. There are a few nice restaurants within walking distance. We went to Tank and the food was delicious! We only stayed one night but everything went well. We did find out there is a $29 flat rate per day to park your car at the hotel. Not a big deal for one night but for people staying for a week it can add up. Not sure if that is the norm around here.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Great rooms, great atmosphere and great service. Only problem there is the pillows - they are the worst! But I can't really find anything else to whinge about! I would stay there again when next in Brisbane on transit, or for business or pleasure. Close to transport options swell for those without a car :)

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Coolangatta, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The foyer was very welcoming, staff could have been a bit more interactive, position position. In the heart of Transit centre, close to shops. Our room was relatively quiet positioned facing the river. The room was clean, bright, space, and tastefully furnished. Good block-out curtains. Car parking very accessable onsite, tho we did not need to use. No pool, which we did not anticipate considering the hot weather, and the gym room out of order. The in-hotel resturaunt was tastefully presented, and one of the best buffet breakfasts we have had. Uncluttered, very streamlined. The selection was more than expected, freshly cooked eggs benedict, pancakes, juicer machine, and freshly ground espresso machine..
Dinner menu however was very average especially for the money. Nothing really tempting. Staff not very interactive or welcoming esp for the given number of guests dining. On vacating hotel stay, staff not too interested in our stay. Bit disappointing, but would return in cooler months, due to position and lovely room..

Room Tip: ask for rooms not facing the Roma st Rail station. We were on the 12th floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rockhampton, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Everything was great! The rooms were very nice, clean, and everything worked. The Iron and hair dryer were supplied. I was a little worried about being so close to the train station but I couldn't even hear them!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Clara S
Perth
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The location next to the Roma Street station is very good if you use the airport train. The staff were welcoming and efficient. The room was a good size with good facilities and pleasant decor. A quick walk down George St gets you to Queen st mall.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Great hotel in a great location - staff very friendly and ready to help - made our stay very happy and memorable - it is only 5 minutes walk into the CBD of Brisbane, immediately next to a major train station and just made moving around so easy

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family