“Inspect your bill before leaving!”

Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La
Ranked #38 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was an excellent hotel for value and very convenient to the train station. It is about a mile from the central district. They have good facilities albeit a VERY basic gym. The staff are very helpful and friendly. However my stay was soured by the fact that I found almost $50 worth of minibar charges on my bill after I got home. It is difficult to dispute this when it necessitates a call to Australia. Either these people are dishonest or incompetent. Check your bill before you leave.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank DavidOrtiz
Claire H, General Manager at Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hi DavidOrtiz,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, I apologise for the inaccuracy of your bill. As you mentioned you cannot call us so please email me at claire.huang@tradershotels.com so that I can help you resolve this issue.

Kind Regards,

Claire Huang

Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed for a night and enjoyed my time there. Very quiet, modern hotel, staff was friendly and efficient and the room was very comfortable. Not too far from anything, its central location certainly makes it a very desirable place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vincent D
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Guest Rooms - A
Room Service - A-
Toilet Facilities - B (shower heads can be a little dodgy)
They are very accomodating for Gluten Free Meals and have one of the best selections I have come across.
Never get the park view rooms!!! You will be kept awake by the trains!!

Room Tip: Get the City View side rooms, the park side ones look right out onto the train station and the glass...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Lachlan R
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Isn't really a 4 or 5 star hotel. Location good however bathrooms quite small and not really a bathroom I would've thought would go with this hotel. Need to get room not on railway side. Breakfast bacon not the best

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alison W
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Right next to the Roma St railway stn, meaning you can catch the airport train as soon as you step out the door. It is also a cruisey 10 to 15 min walk to Suncorp Stadium.
Also very easy walking distance to CBD or stroll across the walking bridge to Southbank and the fast becoming popular Westend. Parking is posible at a cost of $29.00 per day

Room Tip: Rooms facing west have partial views over Brisbane River
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel before when it was the Holiday Inn. What a change, well done Shangri La. I couldn't believe it was the same hotel. I arrived late at night, tired from a long day traveling. Check in was quick and easy. Went up to my 17th floor room which I'd booked on Agoda for $189. I was more than happy with the room, quite large, nice decor, pleasant view of the river and the bed was extremely comfy. The location is convenient for most things. Restaurant was OK. Food was good and reasonably priced. I will definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone. I've stayed in lots of Traders hotels in SE Asia and am really pleased to see them move into Australia, let's hope a few more will follow.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FussyNSW
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hotels, in my mind, are in the business of sleeping. Sadly, the Traders in Brisbane, for me at least, is not a hotel that enables sleep, unless you like the really soft oversized pillow.

I have stayed here at least 5 times, when it was a holiday inn, and now traders, I am also a jade golden circle member. To not be able to get a foam, or a firm pillow, is beyond belief!

Not to mention, that it took 3 phone calls, and one to the duty manager, before I could get any kind of considered response.

Words fail me as I am tired from poor sleep, but the lack of a focussed response to ensure the comfort of a guest.

So now, I am tired and angry. Never again Traders.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MrCraigBD
Claire H, General Manager at Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hi blanklook,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, I apologise for the disappointment you experienced with regards to the soft pillows affecting your sleep. If you would like to chat with me personally about this issue please call me on 0418 363 745 or email me at claire.huang@tradershotels.com.

Kind Regards,